Page 3414 of 3414 « First<34103411341234133414
Topic Options
#9560900 - 09/15/16 06:57 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: NP_Gresham]
mschmidt Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Illinoise
 Originally Posted By: NP_Gresham
 Originally Posted By: Kevlar
Hey guys, have a question about a possible probation issue.

I'm running a cast signed Force Awakens opp. We were looking to have Ford, Hamill, Driver, Fisher, Mayhew, Daniels, and Baker plus we are looking at adding about 5-6 others. Baker passed away...but 1) he actually is NOT in the cast of Force Awakens. Jimmy Vee played R2 in this movie and 2) when dealing in the cast book, it's still a cast book,

We already have money into the books and someone ordered one and since Baker can't sign they asked about backing out. I told them that the books have been started and it was a non-refundable deposit and the above issue with Baker vs Vee and he said ok.

Then out of nowhere over a week later he opens a case with Paypal that the item isn't as described. Paypal sided with me. Then he open a non-received case and because I can't provide tracking since the book won't be done until Jan and Paypal sided with him.

As I've already gotten money into this, he didn't have a problem when he first contacted me, is this something that should go on the probation list?

Was there a description you can provide?
Did you have a written return policy?
How long did this take?
You must have a return policy to sell here and the general rule is transactions must be completed within 30 days.

That has never been the case for SS opportunities (and blue label pre-sales for that matter).

There are plenty of times where you're waiting months for the signing to take place and then months for CGC to grade the book - heck, even with fast track, I'm not even sure you can get a modern book back from CGC in less than 30 days right now.
Cerebus #1 in VF/NM or better

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#9560911 - 09/15/16 07:05 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: mschmidt]
crassus Online   content
Pedigreed

Originally Posted By: mschmidt

I'm running a cast signed Force Awakens opp. We were looking to have Ford, Hamill, Driver, Fisher, Mayhew, Daniels, and Baker plus we are looking at adding about 5-6 others. Baker passed away...but 1) he actually is NOT in the cast of Force Awakens. Jimmy Vee played R2 in this movie and 2) when dealing in the cast book, it's still a cast book,

We already have money into the books and someone ordered one and since Baker can't sign they asked about backing out. I told them that the books have been started and it was a non-refundable deposit and the above issue with Baker vs Vee and he said ok.

Then out of nowhere over a week later he opens a case with Paypal that the item isn't as described. Paypal sided with me. Then he open a non-received case and because I can't provide tracking since the book won't be done until Jan and Paypal sided with him.

As I've already gotten money into this, he didn't have a problem when he first contacted me, is this something that should go on the probation list?

How long did this take?
You must have a return policy to sell here and the general rule is transactions must be completed within 30 days.

That has never been the case for SS opportunities (and blue label pre-sales for that matter).

There are plenty of times where you're waiting months for the signing to take place and then months for CGC to grade the book - heck, even with fast track, I'm not even sure you can get a modern book back from CGC in less than 30 days right now.

I think he is citing the 30 day rule as meaning (and the purpose of the rule is) that one must allow 30 days in which to attempt to complete a transaction before it is actionable in the PL forum.

#9560916 - 09/15/16 07:07 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: crassus]
crassus Online   content
Pedigreed

I should add that given the narrative, the 30 day rule would not apply here in any case as the buyer appears determined to void the transaction.

Whether this is PL worthy is still an open question, I am assuming the seller is determined that the buyer should complete the transaction? Or surrender the deposit?

#9561027 - 09/15/16 08:17 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: crassus]
wombat Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New Jersey
Not sure what the original thread looked like, but going forward some disclaimer about artists backing out (or not available for whatever reason) might be a good idea.

He who sacrifices his beard for a woman deserves neither.

It only counts if you saw a nipple.

#9561058 - 09/15/16 08:34 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: wombat]
crassus Online   content
Pedigreed

Originally Posted By: wombat
Not sure what the original thread looked like, but going forward some disclaimer about artists backing out (or not available for whatever reason) might be a good idea.

I am not sure if there was a thread, I cannot find it, if someone can please post the link. Perhaps this was done via PM or email? For me I would need more details of the original terms and the timeline of the action.

#9561064 - 09/15/16 08:40 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: mschmidt]
NP_Gresham Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Your moms yard sale-Score!!
 Originally Posted By: mschmidt

How long did this take?

Then maybe like the junk donkeys they should take their problems elsewhere

#9561072 - 09/15/16 08:45 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: NP_Gresham]
NP_Gresham Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Your moms yard sale-Score!!
In the absence of any agreement then returns would be determined by the terms of the payer agent.
PayPal says 6 months or something like that
If a seller uses PayPal and does not offer any other terms then that seems like agreement with the terms of service from PP

#9562665 - 09/17/16 12:15 AM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: NP_Gresham]
Buzzetta Offline

Just when I thought I was going to go to bed...

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The land of Lizards
I think the buyer is being foolish.

Ford is the toughest signature out of all of them. If you can get Ford on the book with Hamill and Fisher and THEN throw on the rest... I think you are already set.

"My occupational hazard is my occupation's just not around." - Jimmy Buffett

Buzzetta's CAF Gallery: A Little Bit of This… A Little Bit of That...

Spread Love it's the Brooklyn Way.

Page 3414 of 3414 « First<34103411341234133414

Moderator:  Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
Space4coins - ROMAN EMPIRE STARTING AT 1$
by Space4coins
06:13 AM
WTS Bunch of Rare Stuff. Dahlonega, 95-s Morgans, Capped Half
by planman2014
12:00 AM
FS: 1893 Columbian 50c. PCGS MS63. Hold
by agentjim007
04:58 PM
Lincoln Cents 'Liquidation' > 'All MS-64-65 RED' ~ Raw
by synoptic12
09/27/16 03:13 PM
Comics Marketplace
Raw Silver Age Books - DareDevil, Iron Man, Batman, Superman
by comicquant
01:35 AM
Wrong forum
by gmeyer
09:37 PM
Werewolf By Night 1 in CGC NM 9.6 with OW-White pages!
by Spideydan
09:20 PM
FS: MARVEL PREMIERE #15. 1st appearance Iron Fist; cheep!
by Point Five
08:58 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.444 seconds in which 0.434 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles