Page 3156 of 3156 « First<31523153315431553156
Topic Options
#8764957 - 07/25/15 10:23 AM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: wombat]
comix4fun Offline

This is one of the rare times that having no friends works in my favor.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Eastbound and Down
 Originally Posted By: wombat
 Originally Posted By: vaillant
What does it mean "a moot point"? I see "moot" means "open to discussion" or "controversial" but canít figure out the precise meaning in english. hm

To answer your question the way people use it (correctly or not) is that it doesn't matter. In this case they are saying it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about mystery boxes since they are now banned. Or it doesn't matter the pros and cons of mystery boxes since they are banned.

True.

Debating the pros and cons of something that is now extinct is of no consequence as the end result is the same regardless of the outcome of the discussion.

"That's my secret.....I'm always angry."

"I wake up in the morning and I *spoon* excellence. I am just a big, hairy, American, winning machine."

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#8765278 - 07/25/15 01:12 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: Miraclemet]
ChrisInBaltimore Offline

I eased in to the community before I became an individual_without_enough_empathy.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Charm City
 Originally Posted By: Miraclemet
 Originally Posted By: DavidTheDavid
What does it mean "a moot point"? I see "moot" means "open to discussion" or "controversial" but canít figure out the precise meaning in english. hm

Is routinely misused in English, making the word itself moot.

huh, look at that. I never knew I was using it improperly!

(and to think I was making fun of the people that say "mute"!)

Personally, I prefer the "Moo Point"

#8765410 - 07/25/15 03:08 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: ChrisInBaltimore]
porcupine48 Offline

I know I shall never be forgiven for the Great Miltipas Monster Mistake.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: SodaMintKiller
Moot is Groots ugly younger brother.

"I would like to drink a toast to Batman,Superman and the Human Torch"
Jack Nicholson
The Last Detail
DONT SASS!!!!!! (RCheli)

A KAV MASTERPIECE!!!

#8766699 - 07/26/15 07:30 AM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: wombat]
Gatchaman Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Iscandar
 Originally Posted By: wombat

To answer your question the way people use it (correctly or not) is that it doesn't matter. In this case they are saying it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about mystery boxes since they are now banned. Or it doesn't matter the pros and cons of mystery boxes since they are banned.

After reading all of the responses on this subject it seems what some people are trying to convey is the reason why selling mystery boxes is not good. One poster stated that they believe that the seller will give their friends all of the good books in their boxes while those to whom the seller doesn't know well and/or esteem will get boxes loaded with less than desirable books. Also, many buyers are not happy with what they get and believe that their box contents are not as valuable as the amount they paid for said box.

So, in order to keep things peaceable the mods banned them all together.

By what I have read I wouldn't doubt it if there were a lot more buyers of mystery boxes that were not very happy with what they got, but just won't say anything. In all of this, it looks like some people feel they were basically used to dump worthless books on. So, it looks like some just want to express their experiences and why they would never do it again regardless if it is now banned.

My eBay feedback. Top Rated Seller.

My Kudos Page

NW Gaming

#8766717 - 07/26/15 07:54 AM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: Gatchaman]
Miraclemet Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: TinTin's backyard
 Originally Posted By: Gatchaman
. One poster stated that they believe that the seller will give their friends all of the good books in their boxes while those to whom the seller doesn't know well and/or esteem will get boxes loaded with less than desirable books.

believe that was me, and what I think I said (and definitely meant) was that some mystery box threads are set up so the seller COULD favor one buyer over another.

I was also alluding to the old ebay scam of Selling 10 envelope chancess, 9 junk, one gets a NM98 and lo and behold the person who "gets" the NM98 is the sellers friend, and there either never was a NM98, or it never actually changed hands (just a way to bilk 9 other people out of money with the promise of a chance at a good book).

again not saying that happened here, just that SOME mystery threads are set up so that it COULD occur if the seller was unscrupulous.

See my feedback! MY CAF GALLERY!
Wanted: Pages from Green Lantern #159 & any Tales of the Green Lantern Corps

Page 3156 of 3156 « First<31523153315431553156

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

The Money Marketplace
2015 7 Coin Proof Libertad Set W/All COA,s
by bender9876
Yesterday at 07:27 PM
WANTED: 1864 half eagle
by LuckyOne
Yesterday at 02:30 PM
4-pc American Liberty Unopened Box $7200 From VDB Coins-SHIPPED
by VDB Coins
08/02/15 07:07 AM
GreatCollections Coin Auctions Sunday (& Every Sunday) - Highlights Posted
by ianrussell
08/02/15 01:00 AM
Comics Marketplace
Silver & Bronze Detective Comics
by brucelee80
39 minutes 25 seconds ago
24 Marvel Treasuries and DC Collectors Editions 74 hour auction
by shadroch
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Walking Dead #1 SS CGC 9.8 Signature Series Signed by Robert Kirkman
by Sensei Ryan
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Spidey 135 9.8 OW/W
by bighairjer
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.926 seconds in which 0.91 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles