Page 3393 of 3393 « First<33893390339133923393
Topic Options
#9422723 - 06/23/16 02:41 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: MetalPSI]
Mutie Fan Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Left coast.
 Originally Posted By: MetalPSI
 Originally Posted By: comix4fun
I thought for sure it was adminstration/moderation that shot down the idea of something in the name/profile/avatar area that would identify negative feedback or probation, etc.

That it would cross the line between self-policing that they weren't a part of and some kind of approval or editorial comment regarding the validity of the complaints against the person(s) in question.

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the reason we don't see anything negative in on the left side of the screen by anyone's name.

This is my belief. If they were able to take a proactive approach and supported the sales area, then I am sure this would be implemented

Probably isn't worth the hassle to them to police the sales areas. They don't get anything out of forum sales, but we do.

We already have an extensive list of people who have issues. I don't really see any need for additional oversight. It's not like the mods have been light handed of late anyway.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#9423893 - 06/23/16 10:34 PM Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS [Re: MetalPSI]
Fastballspecial Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: MetalPSI
 Originally Posted By: Kevin76
I'm amazed at all the time and energy that is put into the probation thread, The comic book hobby doesn't start and stop at whoever is on these boards. Me personally, I don't buy raw books off of eBay unless I've dealt with the seller before. If I do, it's not more than a few dollars. The double cover would have easily been caught if the book was opened when received. I'm not running to this con artist's defense but having a probation thread that hardly gets looked at doesn't fix anything, you make transactions at your own risk and even reputable members can turn sour at any point. I think some kind of feedback number under your screen name would be far more beneficial.

This has been beat to death, and these are the tools we have to work with. CGC will not allow their contractors for this board to interfere or police sales. The PL and HOS are up there, people state in their sales threads NO PL or HOS Please most times. It's caveat emptor and it works. Buyer beware.

I thought the board did a pretty good job on this one. I cant imagine the headaches that guy has walked into. I use both the PL and the HOS and have ban a couple personally for me. Its a good indicator I think.

Page 3393 of 3393 « First<33893390339133923393

Moderator:  Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
1838 Bust Half PCGS MS62 Gold CAC Ending on Ebay Tomorrow! No reserve!
by AnkurJ
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
WTB: 1/10 Platinum Eagle ($150) or Maple Leaf ($140)
by Mr. Smith Guesser
Yesterday at 06:44 AM
FSH: 2016 ASEs $410 per ROLL DLVD
by BAJJERFAN
06/24/16 07:27 PM
Gold Kennedy PCGS DCAM PF69
by wdrob
06/24/16 01:52 PM
Comics Marketplace
Comic books for sale.
by tigers comics
41 minutes 53 seconds ago
San Diego Comic-Con 2016 Exclusives from the Choppa
by Get2TheChoppa
42 minutes 44 seconds ago
Avengers 1 and Hulk 6 for sale.
by Xavier Logan
Today at 05:08 PM
TIGRA THE WERE-WOMAN COLLECTION including 1ST APP - ALL SLABBED- FREE SHIP USA
by Bio-Rupp
Today at 05:05 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.452 seconds in which 0.439 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles