Page 1784 of 1784 « First<17801781178217831784
Topic Options
#8004575 - Today at 05:13 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: ItsJustRyan]
Dr. Balls Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: UP THE IRONS!
 Originally Posted By: ItsJustRyan
Passing through to see what's being said

CBT

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Need a new logo? Send a PM + Work I've done for Boardies + My CAF page
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#8004603 - Today at 05:28 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Dr. Balls]
ItsJustRyan Offline

\:o Arch spoke.... to US?!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: "Don't Stop Now!"
 Originally Posted By: Dr. Balls
 Originally Posted By: ItsJustRyan
Passing through to see what's being said

CBT

Is that.....

A bunch of witches, witching about other peoples business?

LAST COMICS READ: Invincible 113, TWD#130, Manhattan Proj. #22, The Life After #1, Saga#22, Low #1
| eBay | eBay Follow | Kudos | Invincible Thread | Infinity Gauntlet Thread | My HeroesCon 2014 | WTB

#8004605 - Today at 05:30 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: bababooey]
thehumantorch Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Alberta Canada
 Originally Posted By: bababooey
 Originally Posted By: thehumantorch
 Originally Posted By: CBT
 Originally Posted By: divad

Just so anyone new to the conversation doesn't have to spend 10 minutes finding it . . .

that's a lot of big grade jumps, and I think very warranted to bring to peoples attention. It's interesting that he has 1000s of positive feedbacks, so 99.7% of his customers are happy.

Still not a "sales thread" discussion until there is something untoward here though.

Positive feedback on ebay can be deceptive.

For example here's the book that generated his last neutral feedback

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Captain-Marvel-31-1974-FN-VF-7-0-CR-OW-Pages-Thanos-Appearance-/321476933061?nma=true&si=OUo%252BW1Se1R0q1KVNSbv%252FWxRNLBw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

At 7.0 it's grossly overgraded. Felt pen, colour breaking creases, horizontal rips at the spine. Imagine if Chip listed it for sale here as a 7.0.

If buyers can't grade they're happy, if they can grade they'll realize with a glance that it's not for them or bid appropriately. For the few buyers who miss something or forget to look at the auction picture he can quickly refund and tell them to keep the book. The rare buyer will neg or neut without giving Chip a chance to fix the problem.

I don't have an axe to grind. I don't dislike Chip. I just see another guy who consistently over grades on ebay knowing he can get away with it.

I feel that one was probably a 6.0.
I don't understand why a buyer who offers a neutral with this opinion:
"OVER–GRADED. FN/VF does not allow for excessive permanent marker on cover."
Buys a book that looks like this.

Buyer probably didn't look at the scan. That book is at best a 4.0 to me. There's quite a bit of felt pen and what appears to be horizontal rips on the spine.

Most concerning to me is that apparently Chip is ignoring this discussion.

My CAF

THIS JUST IN

#8004639 - Today at 05:51 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: thehumantorch]
bababooey Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I don't know Chip & I probably don't even like him since that "Peace" thing is annoying...but in his defense.

- Boboset hasn't said who "pointed out" the fact that a book being given away at 4.0 was listed on e-bay as a 5.5 - if I was Chip I'd want to know who started it & who is stalking me

- Stating the give-away was a 4.0 could have been for any reason - I suspect what we all suspect is true - BUT IF people are checking out his off-board activities & researching his e-bay listings for a grade discrepancy - isn't it possible that he might regrade it conservatively to avoid getting TGT trolled as has happened in the past when he's put up cruddy offers ( they were)

- I will say I don't think Bobo did anything malicious posting here, at worst, he threadkrapped the TGT thread when posting the original link - the unfortunate part of his post is that it's a summary with conclusions & most will take it at face value

- PGM opinions aren't binding on sellers & that is the basis for Boboset's post listing a pattern of grade bumping of books for sale on e-bay - the only problem I have with it is people should be taking his summary with a grain of salt - as RMA correctly pointed out the PGM forums are tight & you can see further evidence of why people do that in this thread where people brag about what tight graders they are and the best way to prove that to potential customers is to grade tight in the PGM threads
-

#8004646 - Today at 05:55 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: bababooey]
divad Online   shocked
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: bolinas lagoon
 Originally Posted By: bababooey
I don't know Chip & I probably don't even like him since that "Peace" thing is annoying...but in his defense.

- Boboset hasn't said who "pointed out" the fact that a book being given away at 4.0 was listed on e-bay as a 5.5 - if I was Chip I'd want to know who started it & who is stalking me

- Stating the give-away was a 4.0 could have been for any reason - I suspect what we all suspect is true - BUT IF people are checking out his off-board activities & researching his e-bay listings for a grade discrepancy - isn't it possible that he might regrade it conservatively to avoid getting TGT trolled as has happened in the past when he's put up cruddy offers ( they were)

- I will say I don't think Bobo did anything malicious posting here, at worst, he threadkrapped the TGT thread when posting the original link - the unfortunate part of his post is that it's a summary with conclusions & most will take it at face value

- PGM opinions aren't binding on sellers & that is the basis for Boboset's post listing a pattern of grade bumping of books for sale on e-bay - the only problem I have with it is people should be taking his summary with a grain of salt - as RMA correctly pointed out the PGM forums are tight & you can see further evidence of why people do that in this thread where people brag about what tight graders they are and the best way to prove that to potential customers is to grade tight in the PGM threads
-

What a crock of bababooey

#8004665 - Today at 06:02 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: divad]
bababooey Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Ontario, Canada

#8004834 - 32 minutes 21 seconds ago Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: thehumantorch]
Shadow Images Online   content
Talkative?

Maybe he has finally realized he is his own worst enemy in these discussions. \(shrug\)

#8004934 - 8 seconds ago Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Shadow Images]
Columbia Comics Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

I don't know how to say this any clearer:

He's not going to come in and comment. B/c it doesn't matter what he says, the TROLLS will turn his words against him; they always do.

Why would anyone voluntarily step into the firing squad??

Always looking to buy and sell key Silver Age issues!

Page 1784 of 1784 « First<17801781178217831784

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH: Some Monster Rainbow Franklins and Washingtons! Prices lowered!!!
by PCcoins
12:10 PM
Gold Kennedy proofs unopened box of 5, sealed from mint. issue price +shipping.
by AHFreak
12:02 PM
TOP POP COINS FOR SALE ALL REASONABLE OFFERS ACCEPTED
by wmfielding
11:32 AM
FS: 1922-P NGC MS-64* STAR
by jerseycat10
10:48 AM
Comics Marketplace
BA/SA Avengers and Xmen
by ft88
CGC - Various Books - Hulk 181, FF 15, JIM 62
by J. Morrow
BIGGEST REPRINT SALE IN BOARD HISTORY!!! plus other HOT MODERNS!
by Revat
Some Atlas Books For Sale
by Silver Surfer
06:35 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.386 seconds in which 0.373 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles