Page 2113 of 2113 « First<21092110211121122113
Topic Options
#8429077 - 03/03/15 09:30 AM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: shadroch]
MetalPSI Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Meanwhile, in Canada....
 Originally Posted By: shadroch
Looking for opinions on a sale i'm thinking of having.I have about 25 Omnibi, a couple hundred modern hardcovers, softcovers and assorted TPBs and under copies of SA/BA books.
I'd like to donate some of the proceeds to The Hero Initiative. Somewhere along the line of 10% if the sale brings in $1,000 and 25% if it brings in $2,000.
I'm not sure how to word it or if its an idea people will person_without_enough_empathy about.
Any ideas? I am leaning towards an auction, rather that a straight sales thread.

Would be good to wait for VCC? Personally, I don't pay much attention till VCC, but who knows?

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#8429935 - 03/03/15 04:53 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: paperheart]
slym2none Offline

Meme mummer

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: up your butt & around the corn...
 Originally Posted By: paperheart
 Originally Posted By: CAHokie
 Originally Posted By: rodan57
You have to give the guy credit though. Most people overstate what GPA is, then pretend to sell for that same amount. This guy quoted GPA and proceeded to blatantly ask for a lot more. lol

To be fair, GPA is what someone else paid for the book -- not something writ in stone from the mount.

Higher prices happen because someone pays a higher price.

True enough, though it appears it won't happen in this particular case! \:D

unless someone pops it on Clink for $1650

Exact same book?

lol

-slym
FTR - Wolverine first appeared on the last page of Incredible Hulk #180. Call it a cameo, IDC, but HE FIRST APPEARED ON THE LAST PAGE OF IH#180. Unless #181 somehow came out before #180 (which it didn't) then there can be no argument for what issue of what comic Wolverine first appeared in. I am not talking about popularity, I am not talking worth. I am talking about his first appearance.

#8430239 - 03/03/15 06:55 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: slym2none]
paperheart Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: slym2none
 Originally Posted By: paperheart
 Originally Posted By: rodan57
You have to give the guy credit though. Most people overstate what GPA is, then pretend to sell for that same amount. This guy quoted GPA and proceeded to blatantly ask for a lot more. lol

To be fair, GPA is what someone else paid for the book -- not something writ in stone from the mount.

Higher prices happen because someone pays a higher price.

True enough, though it appears it won't happen in this particular case! \:D

unless someone pops it on Clink for $1650

Exact same book?

lol

-slym

closed the thread here. no button humping.

#8430915 - 03/03/15 11:58 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: paperheart]
slym2none Offline

Meme mummer

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: up your butt & around the corn...
Ah...

\(thumbs u

-slym
FTR - Wolverine first appeared on the last page of Incredible Hulk #180. Call it a cameo, IDC, but HE FIRST APPEARED ON THE LAST PAGE OF IH#180. Unless #181 somehow came out before #180 (which it didn't) then there can be no argument for what issue of what comic Wolverine first appeared in. I am not talking about popularity, I am not talking worth. I am talking about his first appearance.

#8431205 - Yesterday at 06:59 AM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: shadroch]
thirdgreenham Offline
Eleventy millionth person to declare their first year on the boards as the golden age, and the current era to be worthless.
TOTAL NEWBIE

Looking for opinions on a sale i'm thinking of having.I have about 25 Omnibi, a couple hundred modern hardcovers, softcovers and assorted TPBs and under copies of SA/BA books.
I'd like to donate some of the proceeds to The Hero Initiative. Somewhere along the line of 10% if the sale brings in $1,000 and 25% if it brings in $2,000.
I'm not sure how to word it or if its an idea people will person_without_enough_empathy about.
Any ideas? I am leaning towards an auction, rather that a straight sales thread.

When you're going ahead with the sales thread (or auction) list your donation conditions in your first post. (Of course mention the charity bit in your title as well)

Make sure that what you donate is clear. ie. don't put "Somewhere along the line of 10% if the sale brings in $1,000 and 25% if it brings in $2,000."

I will donate 10% of the books sold, to The Hero Initiative. If these sales totals reach $2000, I will bump up my donation to 25%. This is for a good cause. We can make a difference together, folks, so don't hold back. \(thumbs u

No one should bltch if you are clear.

Lastly, once the sale is final and you've made your donation to the Hero Initiative. Please provide proof in your thread that you did make that donation. \:\) That shouldn't be taken as a question of your word or ethical behaviour, it's just a necessary part of being transparent, especially when raising money for charities are involved.

what goes around comes around...oh yeah, and respect your parents

forestcitycoins is my eBay store, click if you like. \(thumbs u

#8431214 - Yesterday at 07:18 AM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: thirdgreenham]
skypinkblu Offline

I'm just the coordinator. Just?

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Somewhere over the Rainbow
 Originally Posted By: thirdgreenham

When you're going ahead with the sales thread (or auction) list your donation conditions in your first post. (Of course mention the charity bit in your title as well)

Make sure that what you donate is clear. ie. don't put "Somewhere along the line of 10% if the sale brings in $1,000 and 25% if it brings in $2,000."

I will donate 10% of the books sold, to The Hero Initiative. If these sales totals reach $2000, I will bump up my donation to 25%. This is for a good cause. We can make a difference together, folks, so don't hold back. \(thumbs u

No one should bltch if you are clear.

Lastly, once the sale is final and you've made your donation to the Hero Initiative. Please provide proof in your thread that you did make that donation. \:\) That shouldn't be taken as a question of your word or ethical behaviour, it's just a necessary part of being transparent, especially when raising money for charities are involved.

I'd add to the beginning statement that you are going to be making the donation, not the buyer.

Sometimes people get confused about that.

My eBay listings

Page 2113 of 2113 « First<21092110211121122113

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, eerb0803 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS - 1954 Lincolns 66RD and 65RD
by david3142
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
RARE fancy serial number $1 HAWAII
by BRIAN339
Yesterday at 10:47 PM
*****1934A $5 Silver Certificate K00001945A Birthyear note*****
by BRIAN339
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
1882-CC GSA NGC MS-65+
by cbc
Yesterday at 11:35 AM
Comics Marketplace
Selling my collection this is a few ungraded book Rocket raccoon #1 1985
by spdrmnmvl
Today at 01:00 AM
Spider-Man 14, Human Torch 8 & Superman 24 in this Sunday’s Auction
by HeritageComics
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
eBay Store: Silk, Deadpool, Civil War, Spider-Man, Star Wars, Valiant art, BIN!
by sonicdan
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Avengers 57 VG+ SOLD AND CLOSED
by AmazingComics413
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.493 seconds in which 0.481 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles