Page 1883 of 1883 « First<18791880188118821883
Topic Options
#8065855 - 09/29/14 03:04 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: comix4fun]
Logan510 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicago, IL
 Originally Posted By: comix4fun
 Originally Posted By: Logan510
 Originally Posted By: seanfingh
 Originally Posted By: KPR Comics
Should it be "read" not "heard"?

No. "Heard" can mean "to be told of or informed," with no requirement of anything auditory. But, thank you for playing.

If I heard condescension in your remark, would I be wrong?

Not as long as it sounded like Ethel Merman.

lol

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#8065944 - 09/29/14 03:56 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: jsilverjanet]
bababooey Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: The Great Indoors
 Originally Posted By: jsilverjanet
I predict today we will have something to talk about

#8065949 - 09/29/14 03:57 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: bababooey]
vaillant Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Italy
 Originally Posted By: bababooey
I predict today we will have something to talk about

You still seem to make confusion Ė letís make it clear once for all: Hector is a MAN. lol

#8066134 - 09/29/14 05:43 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: comix4fun]
crassus Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Originally Posted By: comix4fun
 Originally Posted By: CAHokie
Is that the new standard? As long as someone doesn't rip people off, they can act however they want? Perhaps I am a dreamer, but it seems that a seller could be honest and treat people well at the same time. \(shrug\)

If someone gives me an offer, and I tell them I will get back to them on it, I get back to them before selling it.

I'm not sure exactly what happened in that sales thread, or between the members involved, but to this point about offers and responses I think it is more complicated.

If you had promised someone specifically that you would not sell before responding to their offer, than yes, one is always bound by their word, I agree.

However, if one is fielding multiple offers, of varying merits, I do not think one is specifically obliged to respond to every person before accepting the offer that suits the seller. As a courtesy, yes, losing bidders should be informed afterwards that you have accepted a better offer.

I am unsure in this case if the issue is the perceived rudeness or lack of courtesy in the follow up, or a feeling that something unfair was done to a bidder? \(shrug\)

#8066205 - 09/29/14 06:16 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Columbia Comics]
Gsims718 Offline

Loc: San Antonio
 Originally Posted By: Columbia Comics
I truly enjoy the judgment and comments that you guys are making when you have no idea what transpired or what you're talking about.
you sure do come back to this "you guys have no idea what really happened" argument a lot.

Go Spurs Go!

#8066207 - 09/29/14 06:17 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Gsims718]
Gsims718 Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Next post "good thing I don't care what any of you think"

Go Spurs Go!

#8066303 - 09/29/14 06:59 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Gsims718]
Columbia Comics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Gsims718
Next post "good thing I don't care what any of you think"

Nah; you did it for me

Always looking to buy and sell key Silver Age issues!

#8066347 - 09/29/14 07:10 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: jsilverjanet]
Jeffro Offline

Speaking as myself, I don't deserve anything.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Collecting Pernts

I forgot how goofy that video is. Was Keith Richards born looking like a corpse?

#8066885 - 09/29/14 10:32 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: nik]
jsilverjanet Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: harder, better, faster, strong...

so last night I cancelled a transaction because board member 'hcaworker' was using someone else's paypal address (sslim66) as his. He claimed this was his brother however after speaking to another board member and then doing research on the posts of both members I can say that hcaworker is sslim66

hcaworker claims he is 'Jeff'
sslim66 first name is 'Matt'

here is my evidence

first of all he's using sslim66 paypal account and photobucket account

the invoice I received from hcaworker was sslim66 current paypal account. the photobucket were the pictures were posted for the sale last night were from sslim66

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/sslim66/media/005_zpsb7201496.jpg.html

the board member who provided me additional information was 'strummer2'

it appears that 'strummer2' sold 'sslim66' a DD1 which 'sslim66' has not paid for. He has received the book but has failed to make payments since August which is around the time that sslim66 has stopped posting.

Sslim66 last post is 7/23/14

Hcaworkers first post was in a sslim66 sales thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7621288#Post7621288

Originally Posted By: hcaworker
Nice book it looks better than most 5.0 ive seen if its still around when I get paid ill hit you up!!! Baron is going to get big after his cameo at the end of the new captain America movie

hcaworker next post (purchases a asm194 book)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...949#Post7841949

I confirmed with the seller that hcaworker paid with the same 'sslim66' paypal account and the item was shipped to "Matt"

When Strummer sees that hcaworker posts a DD1 in the PGM thread that looks like the one he sent Matt (sslim66) he asks if this is the same person

hcaworker removes himself from the topic

here is the PGM thread (scans of book have been removed but are still on his photobucket)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...981#Post7966981

here is his pic of the DD1

Warning, Spoiler:

and the book strummer2 sold him - was a different company slab so I cropped it

Warning, Spoiler:

it is the same book

strummer2 has shared with me PMs/Emails where sslim66 says he's going to create a new account after the PL list fiasco

furthermore whenever strummer2 contacts him he claims he doesn't know Matt unlike the message he gave me that he said Matt was his brother.

Strummer2 has opened a PL case against slim66 but I believe as he does that sslim66 and hcaworker are the same board member.

link to probation nomination

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8066839#Post8066839

I'm Hector, my wife is Janet, she's the CEO.
| eBay | Kudos | WTB: Love And Rockets + FF1, 2 & 5 |

Page 1883 of 1883 « First<18791880188118821883

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1954-D Franklin Half Dollar PCGS MS65FBL (old holder)
by Hu-Dey
03:00 PM
1967 Washington Quarter PCGS MS68 old holder
by Hu-Dey
02:52 PM
Gold Coins for sale All NGC PF 70's $ to chose From ! LOOK
by Paul Kiraly 3
01:07 PM
FS: 1947 S Philippines Fifty Centavo Mint State Toned
by Doily
10:40 AM
Comics Marketplace
Adventure Comics 41, Tales from the Crypt 40, Startling Comics 52 and more...
by Hibou
Statue Sale
by Shadow Images
03:54 AM
Early MAD, Happy Hooligan, BLBs, Pulps, Superman 43, Boy Commandos 7 Detec 84
by comicartcom
02:12 AM
Silver Surfer Slabs and raw lot sale
by joel scott
01:21 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.394 seconds in which 0.384 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles