Page 2306 of 2306 « First<23022303230423052306
Topic Options
#8719816 - Yesterday at 03:56 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: MediumLover]
ttfitz Offline
Chatzilla

Originally Posted By: MediumLover
 Originally Posted By: ttfitz
 Originally Posted By: ttfitz
 Originally Posted By: HarveySwick
The "I'll take it, no conditions" after someone posted an "I'll take it pending scans" is a loser move.

If the seller says "first unconditional " it will probably go to the second guy. But if I were the seller, I'd consider giving the first guy right of first refusal.

This playing a trump card of "unconditional " is an example of the eBay mentality this place has taken on lately.

BS. Unconditional :takeit is a purchase. "Takeit" pending scans means nothing, it's another
negative situation created by sellers listing books without scans.

Seller lists book without scan.
"Potential buyer" posts takeit pending scans.
"Buyer" posts unconditional takeit.

I can understand that viewpoint, but let me ask you a question. Say you are at a convention, and a dealer has a raw book on his wall that looks interesting. You ask to take a look, and he hands it to you. You say, "Can we take it out of the bag and inspect it?" and someone comes up behind you and says, "I'll buy it without even looking!"

So, (1) is this acceptable behavior or a jerk move? And (2) should the dealer take it away from you and sell it to the new guy?

1) I don't think it's acceptable behavior.

2)The dealer can do whatever they want.

What the dealer does next is the most important piece of the puzzle.
The things that happened prior to this decision could not be avoided in the example you present.

Well, "2" is obvious, the question would be whether that is the acceptable thing for the dealer to do. It appeared from your viewpoint on the "pending scans" situation that you thought the second poster with the unconditional takeit was perfectly acceptable, but basically the same thing in person is not?

No, my answers differ because your analogy fails.

The two examples are not basically the same.

In most sales threads rules for claiming a book are usually in the first post.

Some sellers state a in thread or pm wins the book, trumping ongoing negotiations.
Books may be posted without scans, sellers states . pending scan is acceptable, but fail to clarify if that book is on "hold" pending scan. Because claiming a book pending a scan
is negotiating, a unconditional wins the book.

The situation in the thread can be avoided if the seller has clear rules for claiming books,
including books without scans.

The convention situation is completely different.

Well, obviously we disagree, I think the situations are very much alike - in both cases, there is a person who has expressed an interest in purchasing, and a person who is attempting to purchase away from them. If anything, the online situation the person has expressed MORE intent to purchase than the convention guy, as he has said where the convention guy has just asked to look at the book.

My Feedback thread

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#8719828 - Yesterday at 04:04 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: skypinkblu]
ttfitz Offline
Chatzilla

Originally Posted By: skypinkblu
 Originally Posted By: jsilverjanet
there are certainly more sales threads out there that deserve all this attention

Sellers who put the minimal amount of time and effort into their rules yet people just look away

+ 1

It takes time to post scans or pictures and descriptions, but you have less problems when you do. There would be no "pending scans" if the scans were posted.

We have more and more people who fail to do either and it's disturbing. People want to make sales, but put the minimal amount of effort into it.

I don't even look at those threads when I'm shopping, nor do I like "normal rules" ...what's normal?

Yeah, I get what you are saying, and agree, to a degree. But I also know from experience how much work it is to scan a bunch of books that are going up for sale for under $5 each, so I understand why someone might not want to do so, particularly given what sort of thing tends to sell well around here (not non-key lower grade DCs).

I usually go ahead and do so, because there are people who will just skip by if there aren't scans, and because I intend to try and sell on eBay if they don't sell here, where I HAVE to have scans, but I've certainly considered doing as rube has been doing with these books.

My Feedback thread

#8719890 - Yesterday at 04:23 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: Park]
vaillant Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Italy
 Originally Posted By: Park
That isn't walls of text. The rest of the posts put his post into the proper context.

I see what you mean, but it wasnít entirely necessary there, to understand the reply.

If everyone quoted like that, threads would become pretty much unreadable. \:\)

#8720457 - Yesterday at 09:08 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: vaillant]
comix4fun Offline

This is one of the rare times that having no friends works in my favor.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Eastbound and Down
 Originally Posted By: vaillant
 Originally Posted By: Park
That isn't walls of text. The rest of the posts put his post into the proper context.

I see what you mean, but it wasnít entirely necessary there, to understand the reply.

If everyone quoted like that, threads would become pretty much unreadable. \:\)

To recap:

"That's my secret.....I'm always angry."

"I wake up in the morning and I *spoon* excellence. I am just a big, hairy, American, winning machine."

#8720596 - Yesterday at 10:26 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: comix4fun]
Official Chris S. Offline

I eased in to the community before I became an individual_without_enough_empathy.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Charm City
I think all sales threads MUST have scans/pictures. We have had too many issues with threads without scans/pictures. I've got no dog in this, but sellers are just opening themselves up to issues.
Page 2306 of 2306 « First<23022303230423052306

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, Bree, CCGmod3 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1942 proof cent RAINBOW TONED Best proof cent Ive seen. PCGS PR65RB
by AHFreak
07:51 PM
1964 D Kennedy BAG TONED crescent rainbow stunner--LINK ADDED! Ends very soon
by AHFreak
04:26 PM
GreatCollections - Auctions Today - 1795 $1, 1877 1c, 1928 $1, $200k+ Unreserved
by ianrussell
12:05 PM
Wanted: MS67+ Roosevelt Dimes from 1946-1964
by Davids5104
07/04/15 10:35 PM
Comics Marketplace
Suicide Squad (1987 Series) Lot
by the blob
03:52 AM
New Age 52 DC comics, 3/D covers, and 90's marvel comics
by rckstr1253
11:34 PM
Bowen Warpath full size statue!
by g-man
10:38 PM
CLOSED (moved to theBay) Walking Dead #100 Red Foil 9.8 SS Kirkman/Moore
by TeeDub
10:03 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.525 seconds in which 0.514 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing