Page 1691 of 1691 « First<16871688168916901691
Topic Options
#7884800 - Yesterday at 03:23 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Point Five]
Buzzetta Offline

Just when I thought I was going to go to bed...

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New York State of Mind
What I personally cannot stand is when someone takes a week and a half to pay and demands that their item is sent within the advertised one day after payment. Here is an example:

1/1 - I list the item at auction
1/8 - Item sells
1/22 - buyer finally pays two weeks later ("Umm sorry Buzz, I forgot.")

Make believe I had not listed any new items past January 1st. All listings have been closed off because I am going away. When the buyer finally pays two weeks later, I may either be on vacation, simply too busy as I know when my work load gets heavy at certain times during the year or other things come up like this past March when I had to get surgery.

A real example occurred in March. I had a guy that bought a Star Wars ship MIB from me. He claimed he was having trouble with his paypal for two weeks. All of a sudden I shatter my elbow, and he THINKS he has figured it out two weeks later and wants to know if he can still buy it, BUT HE NEEDS ME TO SHIP IT ASAP?!?!?! I cancelled the transaction while loaded on painkillers.

Spread Love it's the Brooklyn Way.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#7885083 - Yesterday at 04:46 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: seanfingh]
GACollectibles Offline

(in my best Inigo Montoya voice-)
I do not think "I am done with this thread" means what you think it means.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: via Imgflip Meme Maker
 Originally Posted By: seanfingh
 Originally Posted By: skypinkblu
 Originally Posted By: PhoKing
Oh by the way jimmy the seller said to me he did open the dispute and accused me if not paying. It wasn't automatically opened.

Looks like the rules have changed and you can now open a non paying bidder dispute after just 2 days.

If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as soon as 2 full days (48 hours) after the listing ends. For example, if the listing ends on October 5 at 11:15 am, you can open a case on October 7 at 11:15 am.

That is crazy. I guess I am stuck in 1999. doh\!

With those parachute pants you are wearing I'd dial that back another decade.

Display your slabs for free at www.myslabbedcomics.com, and don't forget to check out the MySlabbedComics Facebook page!

Long Live the Denatar!

#7885206 - Yesterday at 05:28 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: GACollectibles]
seanfingh Offline

You earn it. It's like MMA for nerds.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Iron Throne
 Originally Posted By: GACollectibles
Oh by the way jimmy the seller said to me he did open the dispute and accused me if not paying. It wasn't automatically opened.

Looks like the rules have changed and you can now open a non paying bidder dispute after just 2 days.

If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as soon as 2 full days (48 hours) after the listing ends. For example, if the listing ends on October 5 at 11:15 am, you can open a case on October 7 at 11:15 am.

Chess King parachute pants, an Alexander Julian sweater and a Member's Only jacket. Keepin' 1985 alive.

#7885230 - Yesterday at 05:34 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: seanfingh]
GACollectibles Offline

(in my best Inigo Montoya voice-)
I do not think "I am done with this thread" means what you think it means.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: via Imgflip Meme Maker
 Originally Posted By: GACollectibles

Chess King parachute pants, an Alexander Julian sweater and a Member's Only jacket. Keepin' 1985 alive.

The only thing I regret about my pre-nup was agreeing to trash the Members only jacket.

Display your slabs for free at www.myslabbedcomics.com, and don't forget to check out the MySlabbedComics Facebook page!

Long Live the Denatar!

#7885301 - Yesterday at 06:12 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: vaillant]
Fastballspecial Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: vaillant
Crassus is entirely right.
I always try to ship within a matter of few days when I get paid: if possible even 1-2 days after, but since I have to go to the post office specifically for this, it is not always possible if selling comics is not your day job.
I have hardly waited more than one week anyway.

+1

I like to ship out in the first couple of days. Not so much for speed, but so I can knock it off my list of things to do.

As a buyer unless I need something in a hurry which is very rare all I care about is the book gets to me safely and is graded correctly. Speed doesn't matter to me.

Edited by Fastballspecial (Yesterday at 06:12 PM)

#7885826 - Yesterday at 09:11 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Point Five]
rodan57 Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Small Town Ontario
The sooner I pay, the sooner I get my book.
I try to imagine my collection as what could sit on the bookcase shelves of a slightly compulsive teenage boy who collects every Marvel, circa Christmas 1966. The collection would sit in neat piles beside a ball glove and an Aurora model of the Mummy. Perhaps a small set of "Lost in Space" trading cards, with an elastic band around them, would be nearby.

~My Transcendental 12
Dennis

#7886823 - Today at 07:03 AM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: rodan57]
telerites Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: rodan57
The sooner I pay, the sooner I get my book.

Not always true. I pay immediately and actually had a long-time seller comment that is the fastest he has ever been paid. Took weeks and a series of reminders until I got my books.

Page 1691 of 1691 « First<16871688168916901691

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Choice 1820/19 Large Cent PCGS VF35 CAC! Gorgeous 1877S Double Eagle & More!
by AnkurJ
08:14 PM
Toner sale
by AstroTrain
06:44 PM
FSH: 1882-S Morgan Dollar ICG MS-64 DMPL Obverse
by 123cents
01:00 AM
hobo nickel book and sutler token book for sale
by michael
12:35 AM
Comics Marketplace
CGC 9.0 Exciting Comics #2, 9.0 Startling Comics #50, & 4.5 Leading Comics #1
by WalkinWillie
Five Ghosts #1 & Fire Rodan S.H. Monsterarts
by krighton
07:13 AM
ALL WINNERS CON - no losers here !!!!! ART FOR SALE
by NelsonAI
04:44 AM
Help the Midway Drive-In in Minetto, NY- Comic Sale Fundraiser
by mscm34
12:50 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.411 seconds in which 0.4 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles