Page 2517 of 2517 « First<25132514251525162517
Topic Options
#8837278 - Yesterday at 02:24 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: Columbia Comics]
Junkdrawer Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: BOSTON
Whenever I send out a package that requires a sig. I will always circle in red Sharpie the line of text, just to highlight the fact to the carrier. I can see on a computer generated label, it easy enough to miss it.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#8838091 - Yesterday at 10:45 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: chromium]
Point Five Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: NYC
 Originally Posted By: chromium
And the name of the person that signed for it was.."Porch" .

#8838130 - Yesterday at 11:05 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: Point Five]
DavidTheDavid Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Middle Tennessee
I sold a $1000 book to a boardie, paid for a signature of course, and first it never appeared in the tracking system. It finally appeared, once it was delivered and signed for. I messaged the boardie, and he hadn't signed for it. It was waiting in his PO box. I'm hoping that it was because it was a PO box. But even then, a signature is a signature.

I had a good PO deliveryman who came to our house unless he was on vacation. He knew that we have a small child, an infant at the time and a toddler now. He understood about not knocking and would leave non-signature packages at the door. He's been shifted somewhere else, and the new people will sometimes ignore the "please don't knock" sign that we use when the toddler is napping. And they have started putting the slips about picking up signature packages in the mailbox even when we are home and don't have a sign on the door.

And one of the two people I see now griped about the boxes I ship: "Takes up a lot of room, you know." I'm thinking, "Hell, this pickup is part of what funds your employer." Plus, it's your job. Keep your whining to yourself. I was receiving a box from CGC that time, too. So drop off and pick up. I make a bit of money buying and selling, and here's this jerk complaining about how I help pay the bills. \:\/

Edited by DavidTheDavid (Today at 12:58 AM)

#8838561 - Today at 09:35 AM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: DavidTheDavid]
marmat Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Spain
So, basically, we did everything right (shipped with tracking number, insurance included) USPS mess it up, and they are right?
Priority must be signed for, but USPS can simply says " we delivered it" and that's it? I am out $50 just because they say so?
It's not about the money, it's about USPS not following his own rules. So what is the difference if I ship it media mail without insurance? The result would be the same

Edited by marmat (Today at 09:36 AM)

#8839987 - 11 minutes 28 seconds ago Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: marmat]
InvstmntComcSuply Online   content
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: FL
 Originally Posted By: marmat
So, basically, we did everything right (shipped with tracking number, insurance included) USPS mess it up, and they are right?
Priority must be signed for, but USPS can simply says " we delivered it" and that's it? I am out $50 just because they say so?
It's not about the money, it's about USPS not following his own rules. So what is the difference if I ship it media mail without insurance? The result would be the same

Priority does not have to be signed for.
USPS must have a record that it was delivered

Page 2517 of 2517 « First<25132514251525162517

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

The Money Marketplace
a few coins NO RESERVE at great collections ending late sunday sept 6, 2015
by michael
11:44 PM
FSH Not quite Slabs
by wheat'swheats
10:50 PM
New Ebay Listings Mint Sealed Bags
by spdrmnmvl
05:55 PM
GreatCollections - Today - 1909-O $5, 1995 $1, Platinum, Gupta Morgans, Pennies
by ianrussell
05:49 PM
Comics Marketplace
NYCC Saturday 1 Day Ticket x2
by sleeper13
Amazing Spider-Man raw issues for sale
by Bird
08:22 PM
raw AMAZING SPIDER-MAN issues 127 128 130 131 for sale
by Bird
08:19 PM
My FANTASTIC FOUR COLLECTION
by skypinkblu
08:11 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.595 seconds in which 0.581 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles IDW Publishing