Page 2821 of 2821 « First<28172818281928202821
Topic Options
#9365741 - Yesterday at 10:18 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: jaybuck43]
NP_Gresham Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Your moms yard sale-Score!!
 Originally Posted By: jaybuck43
 Originally Posted By: mrwoogieman
 Originally Posted By: crassus
 Originally Posted By: CatskillMike
Wasn't there a post a few pages back that said adding a surcharge to use Paypal is a violation of their TOS?

Yes, and while Paypal cannot prevent the cost being made invisible in the seller's asking price, I think it shows that Paypal at least understands the negative psychology of a "+3% for Paypal". Who wants their particular service associated with an added expense?

It's the same TOS for regular credit cards in brick and mortar stores - by agreeing to the convenience of accepting credit card payments, Visa/MasterCard etc. require that you not pass that fee along to the consumers as an additional surcharge. (you can jack up your sticker prices of your goods to cover it the anticipated costs however, no one is stopping you)

Small time sellers should be grateful that such a service is even available to them at all; it levels the playing field online.

Those who don't want to lose the 3% should build it in and offer a 3% discount for payments by check or money order, or else just pocket the 3% if someone pays that way.

That was changed last year. Starting in January, retailers can pass on a credit card fee of up to 4% to Visa and MasterCard users. Now there is no reason that they should, as they've already baked the cost of doing business into their fees, but if Amazon etc. keep eating into their profit margin, then maybe you will start to see more of these charges (or moves like Walmart to incentivize their customers to use a house account rather than a "foreign" card.) http://www.reuters.com/article/us-visa-mastercard-settlement-idUSKCN0RS2DH20150928
I am reading something entirely different. Since many retailers opted out of the class action, there is no deal for those retailers. In addition, there seems to be no limit on new conditions the credit card companies may apply. In other words this does nothing, but reach into one pocket instead of the other.
And a lawyer who helped broker the deal was hauled away in cuffs.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#9365749 - Yesterday at 10:22 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: ttfitz]
highradart Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Washington State
 Originally Posted By: ttfitz
 Originally Posted By: highradart
There was a seller whose fees were included
His shipping and 3 percent not excluded
He was asked why
And made this reply
Because the math would be too convoluted

My first and most likely only attempt at a limerick. lol

The boardie was selling a book
And thought he had quite a good hook.
He added a fee
A percent of just three
But no one would give it a look.

;\)

#9365801 - Yesterday at 10:35 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: NP_Gresham]
jaybuck43 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hoboken, NJ
Keila was arrested for a variety of reasons, because of stealing from her firm and MasterCard, and helping her husband sell kilos worth of drugs. The second circuit heard the arguments and we are waiting for the ruling. And no, the dealers are CLAIMING that not enough companies joined (they needed 25% but claim it is only 19%) the class.

#9365887 - Yesterday at 11:04 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: ttfitz]
Sqeggs Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

He was asked why
And made this reply

He added a fee
A percent of just three

lol

#9365908 - Yesterday at 11:10 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: Sqeggs]
wombat Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New Jersey
Hickory dickory dock........

He who sacrifices his beard for a woman deserves neither.

It only counts if you saw a nipple.

#9365980 - Yesterday at 11:52 PM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: jaybuck43]
NP_Gresham Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Your moms yard sale-Score!!
 Originally Posted By: jaybuck43
Keila was arrested for a variety of reasons, because of stealing from her firm and MasterCard, and helping her husband sell kilos worth of drugs. The second circuit heard the arguments and we are waiting for the ruling. And no, the dealers are CLAIMING that not enough companies joined (they needed 25% but claim it is only 19%) the class.
Worthy of some scrutiny, but really is that all they had on her

#9366032 - Today at 12:19 AM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: ttfitz]
Doktor Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Earth-ish... often Pittsburgh
He was asked why
And made this reply

He added a fee
A percent of just three

WIN

#9366037 - Today at 12:22 AM Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean [Re: Jeffro™]
Doktor Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Earth-ish... often Pittsburgh
 Originally Posted By: Jeffro™
 Originally Posted By: Doktor
 Originally Posted By: Jeffro™
 Originally Posted By: Doktor
On the 3% issue? I won't buy in a sales thread that requires me to pay extra for using a certain form of payment. The same way that I would actively avoid gas stations that used to charge extra or have a different price for credit card payments (that's still a thing some places).

I don't mind if it's built into the price, since I'm not paying in any other way than paypal to anyone (unless I'm buying in-person). I realize that credit card processing fees are built into the cost of everything from a candy bar to the 65" flat screen at Best Buy these days. I just don't like it being rubbed in my face that "I'm going to charge you more because you're paying with this for of payment instead of this other form of payment"

Emphasis on the bolded text
Yeah but given the two scenarios below, you're not paying more either way
Asking price = $1,030
Asking price = $1,000 + 3%

I get it that people don't like it rubbed in their face but at the end of the day, you're paying the exact same amount. Being accepting of paying the extra if it's built in as opposed to the 3% add on has always seemed a little irrational to me. It's like saying that I don't mind paying more as long as it's invisible. Huh? Again, ignorance is bliss I guess. I don't know about you guys but I don't like paying more regardless of whether I know it or not. \(shrug\)

I don't know... I don't really think about it that much. Just something about it bugs me & I think to myself "Nope. Next?" as a result. I can't exactly explain it. Just something about it bugs me. Maybe it's the "seeing the sausage being made" or something. I don't can't really explain it.

Just like my initial gut reactions is negative to seeing it be spelled out explicitly, that I pass right then & there rather than buy it and not feel as good about the price, if that makes any sense? Even if it's a good price with all those fees included. my initial negative feeling on seeing it spelled out is going to stick with me every time I look at that book. And I don't really want to associate a book that I really wanted & like having with a negative experience or a "well, look at the silver lining, it was still a pretty good deal" .. it's still gonna have that little bit of "dude wanted me to pay his freaking paypal fees" negative feeling muddying my otherwise enjoyment of having that book in my collection.

Does that make sense? I mean, I don't expect you to agree or anything. Just wanted to see if you could understand what I mean.

I don't really understand that. However, you certainly don't need to justify it to me, or anyone. If you don't want to deal with sellers who do this, that's your choice. Most of us probably have been rubbed the wrong way about a seller at some time in our lives.

Yeah. It's a silly emotional reaction. But were I going to resell it? It probably wouldn't bug me as much. But seeing it in my collection & having that negative initial emotion (before I even see the actual price) is going to bug me.

Page 2821 of 2821 « First<28172818281928202821

Moderator:  Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
https://www.youtube.
com/watch?v=2nsq9xtV
VkA Coin & Currency Auction

by sonny henry
06:38 PM
When was the last time you checked my website?
by stldanceartist
04:51 PM
PENDING: 1920-D Standing Liberty 25c PCGS MS64
by clarkbar04
05/23/16 06:23 PM
FS - PQ Morgan Dollars - Toners, Prooflikes, VAMs
by coxe
05/22/16 04:39 PM
Comics Marketplace
Joe's, Mutants, Avengers and others
by crimson dynamo
01:05 AM
BATMAN & UNCANNY X-MEN Annuals LOTS
by DarthBane
12:19 AM
1980s Daredevil Title Splash Ending Tomorrow Night on eBay!
by pkveronese
10:32 PM
Detective Comics #36 CGC 2.0 S(A)
by Bat-Man
10:30 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.375 seconds in which 0.362 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing