Page 187 of 187 « First<183184185186187
Topic Options
#8134066 - 10/28/14 10:17 PM Re: The Wonder Woman all the Time thread [Re: 40YrsCollctngCmcs]
TheSurgeon Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: 77 squ surrounded by reality
 Originally Posted By: 40YrsCollctngCmcs
 Originally Posted By: TheSurgeon
So many great stories exist that would make great movies from that time period. WW/Moulton definitely would qualify. I did not know that after Moulton died, his wife and mistress spent their lives together. Could make for quite the salty movie.

I think a story about the birth of comics and the artists in the lower east side of Manhattan (Delancey street became Yancy street for The King) would work. Immigrants, many of them Jewish, trying to find their way in America, fighting in WW II, and developing the themes and symbols that continue to resonate today.

And of course the EC story is so interesting, where the company is holding on by a thread, and fortunately that thread was Mad which led to success for the company and defined popular culture for years.

At least I think they would make great movies- I would go see 'em!

It's already a book! Kavalier and Clay! Not to mention Men of Tomorrow. Great stuff but probably a niche market for this stuff.

I loved Kavalier and Clay (not so much the ending, but the first half.) Reading that brought me back to my childhood hobbies of comics and magic. After reading the book, I got back into magic/sleight of hand after around 20 years, and soon after back into comics. That book really struck a chord with me.

"Acute appendicitis! We'll have to operate! If the appendix ruptures, peritonitis... inflamation of the abdominal membrane... follows! It can be FATAL!" M.D. #1, EC, 1955.

#8142403 - 11/01/14 12:33 PM Re: The Wonder Woman all the Time thread [Re: TheSurgeon]
Marty Mann Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Way in the past.

mm
Always looking for a STUNTMAN #3.

#8142547 - 11/01/14 01:58 PM Re: The Wonder Woman all the Time thread [Re: Marty Mann]
Happy Birthday ciorac Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
 Originally Posted By: Marty Mann

mm

Cool book Marty

#8142616 - 11/01/14 02:14 PM Re: The Wonder Woman all the Time thread [Re: Marty Mann]
40YrsCollctngCmcs Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: The Crown City, CA

mm

An issue of Comic Cavalcade was the first Golden Age DC I bought at a convention. I must not have thought too much of it as I traded it away or sold it as some point.

My earliest memories of the Golden Age Flash and Wonder Woman were in the pages of some trashed coverless comics sitting at the base of our attic steps. Oddly enough for some reason I recalled that moment this week; sitting there looking at those very strange HG Peter drawings of Wonder Woman and her friends and the funny man with the metal cap!! All of those ended up in the rubbish bin at some point.

#8142650 - 11/01/14 02:21 PM Re: The Wonder Woman all the Time thread [Re: ciorac]
Marty Mann Offline
Chatzilla

Originally Posted By: ciorac

mm

Cool book Marty

THANKS!
Here's another favorite.

mm

#8142658 - 11/01/14 02:24 PM Re: The Wonder Woman all the Time thread [Re: 40YrsCollctngCmcs]
Marty Mann Offline
Chatzilla

An issue of Comic Cavalcade was the first Golden Age DC I bought at a convention. I must not have thought too much of it as I traded it away or sold it as some point.

My earliest memories of the Golden Age Flash and Wonder Woman were in the pages of some trashed coverless comics sitting at the base of our attic steps. Oddly enough for some reason I recalled that moment this week; sitting there looking at those very strange HG Peter drawings of Wonder Woman and her friends and the funny man with the metal cap!! All of those ended up in the rubbish bin at some point.

I didn't buy too many 15-cent comic books...but COMIC CAVALCADE was one of
my favorites.

mm

#8143498 - 11/01/14 10:22 PM Re: The Wonder Woman all the Time thread [Re: Marty Mann]
40YrsCollctngCmcs Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: The Crown City, CA

my favorites.

mm

Did you prefer them over World's Finest, the other big DC 15 center?

#8144403 - 11/02/14 11:11 AM Re: The Wonder Woman all the Time thread [Re: 40YrsCollctngCmcs]
Marty Mann Offline
Chatzilla

my favorites.

mm

Did you prefer them over World's Finest, the other big DC 15 center?

No...I guess I enjoyed them both, when I was able to afford them, which wasn't very
often. I have 6 COMIC CAVALCADE'S and 8 WORLD'S FINEST.

mm

Page 187 of 187 « First<183184185186187

Moderator:  plitch, Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH: Blue Beauty 1819 50C Capped Bust Half, PCGS AU55 CAC, Overton-109
by BROADSTRUCK
Today at 08:30 AM
Anyone selling junk silver?
by mtnstyne
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
WTB: Minstate Brown Indians
by dimefreak
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
1807-10C-JR-1-Draped
-Bust-Dime-PCGS/CAC G4

by Nutmeg Coin
Yesterday at 07:45 PM
Comics Marketplace
Avengers 93, Cap 113, TEC 404 CGC 8.5
by blue808
22 minutes 4 seconds ago
Tijuana Bibles - COLLECTION OF EXTREMELY RARE SET OF 9 FROM THE 1930's
by comickat
29 minutes 15 seconds ago
WALKING DEAD #53 1st App Abraham, Rosita & Eugene ORIGINAL ART ComicLink Auction
by AKA Rick
Today at 08:02 PM
Sold and closed Fantasy/Female Art Books Sorayama, Frazetta, Vallejo, Vargas
by jawn
Today at 07:47 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.046 seconds in which 0.036 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles 125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum