Topic Options
#5696511 - 05/19/12 04:31 PM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: PrechterFool]
namisgr Offline

I never rated a custom title

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The First State
 Originally Posted By: PrechterFool
FB is a distraction . . .

One man's distraction is another man's largest IPO of all time.

#5697206 - 05/19/12 10:36 PM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: namisgr]
kimik Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
 Originally Posted By: namisgr
From a stock perspective, the most important biotechnology meeting of the year is about to happen, the 2012 ASCO (American Society for Clinical Oncology) in Chicago starting June 1. This is the scientific gathering in which all of the most significant clinical trial results for new cancer therapeutics and diagnostics are presented in full for the first time, and the meeting is a major mover of share price for companies both large and small.

The next batch of clinical successes likely to win FDA approval that offer significant advances in patient care will be revealed, and new buying and selling opportunities will emerge.

Will you be posting your picks for this year again? They see to have worked out very well this past year. \(worship\)

#5697364 - 05/19/12 11:45 PM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: kimik]
NP_Gresham Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Your moms yard sale-Score!!
 Originally Posted By: kimik
From a stock perspective, the most important biotechnology meeting of the year is about to happen, the 2012 ASCO (American Society for Clinical Oncology) in Chicago starting June 1. This is the scientific gathering in which all of the most significant clinical trial results for new cancer therapeutics and diagnostics are presented in full for the first time, and the meeting is a major mover of share price for companies both large and small.

The next batch of clinical successes likely to win FDA approval that offer significant advances in patient care will be revealed, and new buying and selling opportunities will emerge.

Will you be posting your picks for this year again? They see to have worked out very well this past year. \(worship\)

It's good to cash in on cancer. Best of luck with that \(thumbs u

#5697747 - 05/20/12 07:37 AM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: NP_Gresham]
namisgr Offline

I never rated a custom title

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The First State
 Originally Posted By: slabthistoo

doh\! Your comment is misguided.

Supporting small biotechnology companies attempting to develop novel and medically significant treatments and diagnostics for unmet medical needs helps those companies to raise the financing to conduct their work. Without the stock investors, there would be no venture capital investment in biotechnology start-ups, and the important products that emerge from the industry would never see the light of day.

#5698558 - 05/20/12 04:24 PM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: namisgr]
kimik Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
 Originally Posted By: slabthistoo

doh\! Your comment is misguided.

Supporting small biotechnology companies attempting to develop novel and medically significant treatments and diagnostics for unmet medical needs helps those companies to raise the financing to conduct their work. Without the stock investors, there would be no venture capital investment in biotechnology start-ups, and the important products that emerge from the industry would never see the light of day.

Misguided is an understatement. Shows how little people know about what has to happen for a treatment to actually get to market, and how expensive and failure riddled a process it actually is.

Edited by kimik (05/20/12 04:48 PM)

#5700132 - 05/21/12 08:40 AM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: tth2]
delekkerste Offline

James Bond wears a Rolex...the rest is just product placement.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New York, NY
 Originally Posted By: tth2
I might be interested if it falls a bit below the IPO price, but I`m guessing that the underwriters will be supporting the $38 level with all their might for the next few weeks hours.

Fixed that for you. You can buy all the shares you want with a $36-handle in the pre-market right now. \:o

EDIT: $34 now 15 minutes after the open.

EDIT: $33.10 now 22 minutes after the open. \:o
"Stability begets instability...the more stable things appear, the more dangerous the ultimate outcome will be, because people start to assume everything will be all right and end up doing stupid things." - Dr. Hyman Minsky

"Buy because you love it, because the next generation in all likelihood ain't gonna love it as much as you did." - Gene P.

"No asset is so good that it can't become a bad investment if bought at too high a price." - Howard Marks

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

It's not what you buy, it's when you buy.

It's better to be thought a fool than to open your wallet and remove all doubt.

My ComicArtFans.com Online Comic Art Gallery

#5700254 - 05/21/12 10:09 AM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: delekkerste]
Transplant Offline

WARNING!!! This member is passive aggressive. Please beware of sharp fingernails.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ellen James Society
Knight Capital head just blasted the NASDAQ on CNBC for the breakdown in FB trading on Friday.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."
Charles Bukowski

GACollectibles: It seems very....passive aggressive.
DrWatson: I have known him several years and I can say with some absurdness that there isn't anything passive about him.

Passive Aggressive spite posting like a B0$$, since 2007.

#5700279 - 05/21/12 10:18 AM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: delekkerste]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong
 Originally Posted By: delekkerste
I might be interested if it falls a bit below the IPO price, but I`m guessing that the underwriters will be supporting the $38 level with all their might for the next few weeks hours.

Fixed that for you. You can buy all the shares you want with a $36-handle in the pre-market right now. \:o

EDIT: $34 now 15 minutes after the open.

EDIT: $33.10 now 22 minutes after the open. \:o

I'm amazed that Morgan Stanley has capitulated so quickly. This will make great ammunition for their competitors when competing for the next mandate.

#5700283 - 05/21/12 10:20 AM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: Transplant]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong
 Originally Posted By: Transplant
Knight Capital head just blasted the NASDAQ on CNBC for the breakdown in FB trading on Friday.

The breakdown wouldn't have mattered if FB and the selling shareholders hadn't gotten so greedy and taken all the money off the table. You have to leave a little money on the table for buyers and also restrict liquidity to create a mania. Instead, the trading problems just exacerbated the lack of excitement.

#5700300 - 05/21/12 10:26 AM Re: Gold Price Hits $500/oz. [Re: tth2]
Transplant Offline

WARNING!!! This member is passive aggressive. Please beware of sharp fingernails.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ellen James Society
 Originally Posted By: Transplant

The breakdown wouldn't have mattered if FB and the selling shareholders hadn't gotten so greedy and taken all the money off the table. You have to leave a little money on the table for buyers and also restrict liquidity to create a mania. Instead, the trading problems just exacerbated the lack of excitement.
Oh I agree completely. I've been hearing stories of brokers getting way more shares than they counted on and having to scramble to find buyers. I suppose Zuck felt like the secondary market investors had made some money and didn't want to price low enough to let them make even more.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."
Charles Bukowski

GACollectibles: It seems very....passive aggressive.
DrWatson: I have known him several years and I can say with some absurdness that there isn't anything passive about him.

Passive Aggressive spite posting like a B0$$, since 2007.

Page 637 of 1071 « First<635636637638639>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSHO: Silver Eagles
by bsshog40
08:52 PM
WTB 1936-1942 Proof Washington Quarter with Significant Frost/Contrast
by coinman_23885
01:42 PM
FS - World Coins - 1898 and 1898A French 10 Centimes
by robec1347
01:04 PM
FSH: 1921-S Walker PCGS vf35 CAC, $2650 dlvd
by BAJJERFAN
10:51 AM
Comics Marketplace
Avengers #181 - 9.8 WHITE PAGES
by JJ Speederman
11:58 AM
New Ebay auction, Copper Bats, NYCC, Modern slabs and more!!!
by Dmac538
11:20 AM
The Addams Family by Jack Sharkey PBO FN-VFN 1965 RARE Pyramid 1229 1st Printing
by ericjmz
11:02 AM
Spellbound 12 & JiuW 28
by GermanFan
11:01 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.158 seconds in which 0.146 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.