• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All the Golden Age Hitler covers are in the house!
4 4

91 posts in this topic

Magnificent group of books, Walclark. :applause:

Here's a Schomburg Cap that may be a Hitler cover. I'll leave it to others to debate the intent, but with the threatened U.S. military officer in bondage and the suggestion of Hitler and Tojo in control it sure looks like a repurposed war cover.

96307bd0-a05f-43dc-8814-263d531175c3_zpsc9dgll6u.jpg

What do you think? hm

Here's a Schomburg Cap that may be a Hitler cover. I'll leave it to others to debate the intent, but with the threatened U.S. military officer in bondage and the suggestion of Hitler and Tojo in control it sure looks like a repurposed war cover.

What do you think? hm

Coincidentally this issue has the last WW2 themed Cap story, even though the last cover was #47. It does look like a reworked war cover with the General, and the Japanese guy looking on, but I'd say it's a stretch to presume Hitler was intended to be in the composition.

What an amazing collecting feat! How the heck did you begin your assault? I'm particularly amazed by the thoroughness aspect. Did you set out from acquisition of your first Hitler cover to do this, sitting down immediately and combing Overstreet? (I'm assuming you started pre- Photo Journals, from what you had said earlier).

Or did you just gravitate to them as a collecting strain, then go completist only after it you realized you had built a critical mass?

What did you do to build a lair that you were confident was a complete target list, if pre-Gerber and pre-Internet was when you did that work?

Are any of these not in the Photo Journals? I'm guessing likely so. (I'm checking them for Champ 24 next!)

Congrats, and thanks for the enjoyable thread that will no doubt also be a resource. :applause:

What an amazing collecting feat! How the heck did you begin your assault?

Or did you just gravitate to them as a collecting strain, then go completist only after it you realized you had built a critical mass?

This. Started out buying WWII covers. Some of them were Hitler covers and after a while, I thought, "Hey, maybe I can get all of them."

Anyway, on with the show.

Great collection!

Now you should collect all the Jesus covers to balance out your comic book energy...

Here is another one for your list. Published in 1941 by David McKay, same format as their Large Feature Books...Unlisted by Overstreet.

Last picture shows a Canadian version.

167835.jpg.d1ebc2c0c7c8fb29ee7e614e650448b3.jpg

167836.jpg.bff2430abb7646f88090f2a82e86586f.jpg

167837.jpg.bb0597dcc1ead233a4620f4b3ae36445.jpg

167838.jpg.169d619c181243424f95c4f45bb43322.jpg

167839.jpg.0ec5435f4f71c83271027cacdf0aa199.jpg

Wonderful collection, and great to see them all in one place.

But what I really appreciate is the number of comics that are not in minty condition, and thus are (probably) not priced stratospherically. There's hope for those of use who don't have very deep pockets!

--ElJay

Wonderful collection, and great to see them all in one place.

But what I really appreciate is the number of comics that are not in minty condition, and thus are (probably) not priced stratospherically. There's hope for those of use who don't have very deep pockets!

--ElJay

Of course, like all of us, I'd love to have the nicest copy possible, but I'm happy to have any copy of many of these.

Those are wonderful, Walter! Thanks for showing them!

I know I have a few that I didn't realize were Hitler covers and now I really regret selling a few others, but I gave up the quest when knew I'd never get the really expensive ones like the Caps.

I absolutely love being able to see them in a group, a great museum trip:)

Fantastic effort Walclark! You have a few that are also in my war bonds/stamps collection, but you also have a few I don't have but would love.

A thematic collection like this is fun to put together, because you can buy a variety of books and still have a cohesive collection. I approve mightily! (thumbs u

On 05/02/2017 at 11:22 PM, DavidMerryweather said:

What do you think? hm

No,don't see ito.O