• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

More new arrivals. :whee:

1-30-17.jpg

Good stuff, a fun collecting genre and a LOT cheaper than PreHeroMarvel !

there's enough that it will take you a long time to get them all, but not so few that you won't find any when you're looking. And even if have duplicates you can always search for upgrades...and yes, not prohibitively expensive.

More new arrivals. :whee:

1-30-17.jpg

Good stuff, a fun collecting genre and a LOT cheaper than PreHeroMarvel !

there's enough that it will take you a long time to get them all, but not so few that you won't find any when you're looking. And even if have duplicates you can always search for upgrades...and yes, not prohibitively expensive.

All of the above reasons contribute to my love of DCUs. They are a ton of fun to hunt, and generally a lot cheaper than pre-hero Marvels. They allow me to scratch the collecting itch inbetween larger purchases without breaking the bank. It really is about the hunt with these, and once you've found all the fairly easy ones (and none of them grow on trees) the real hunt begins. :cloud9:

Shameless plug, I'll have some of my duplicates listed in my Copper/Modern sales thread . LikeEmScanned is also selling some of his dupes over there in a separate thread (from which I receive no kickbacks, I'm just spreading the word).

Edited by mysterio

Thanks mysterio. I was gun-shy about linking to my sales thread. I'm a newbie so wasn't sure that was allowed.

Take my DCU dups, please!

I actually have 3 more to add this weekend and 2 more dups (JLA #88 and #90) on the way.

I've been waiting for my Robin Collector's Set (Robin #18-#22, Robin Annual #4) to arrive from the UK - I am hoping it is there when I get home tonight. :news: Just realized that will add 3 more dups!

IMG_6238_zpsiwojsirl.jpg

wasn't really looking for these, but the batman adventures put me over the top.

That BA #14 is very difficult, great pickup!

Just found a nice copy of BA #14 with the DC Bullet on eBay, anyone have an idea of the value?

Trying to decide if I should get it pressed and slabbed.

77D99AEC-4DD1-47E4-82E3-6CD39B435CF8.jpeg

Values are largely based on luck, getting right person with money who needs your comic to see it at the right time

Certainly some are rarer and more valuable to the extent one or two people might pay a lot for a given issue, but after they're satisfied there may be no other buyers. I think Batman comics in general should have a bit more market, since there's more batman collectors and completionists. But I don't think theres a lot of data selling the bullets in Cgc 9.8

I don't think you'd lose money if you hit a 9.8. But who knows how much profit there is? Or how long it takes to sell?

1 hour ago, mysterio1 said:

Wow the list of variants got screwed up. Not loving this new board software. 

if it doesn't fix itself in few days i'll try to repost in a reformatted way

Wanted to ask a question. I actually have the Flash Terminal Velocity pack still sealed. Are these normal 1st print books with just a logo change? Are there any other differences between this and the normal direct and/or newsstands? Don't have time to read 17 pages of thread. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Philflound said:

Wanted to ask a question. I actually have the Flash Terminal Velocity pack still sealed. Are these normal 1st print books with just a logo change? Are there any other differences between this and the normal direct and/or newsstands? Don't have time to read 17 pages of thread. Thanks.

Some DCUs are marked second print in the indicia, but essentially they are all identical to the first prints other than the DCU logo in the UPC box. 

On 2/6/2017 at 10:51 AM, Revat said:

Values are largely based on luck, getting right person with money who needs your comic to see it at the right time

Certainly some are rarer and more valuable to the extent one or two people might pay a lot for a given issue, but after they're satisfied there may be no other buyers. I think Batman comics in general should have a bit more market, since there's more batman collectors and completionists. But I don't think theres a lot of data selling the bullets in Cgc 9.8

I don't think you'd lose money if you hit a 9.8. But who knows how much profit there is? Or how long it takes to sell?

Good advice, thank you.

my turn for a shameless plug.  I'm having a big DC copper/modern sale right now.  Tons of great stuff, including plenty of DCUniverse and DC Bullet UPC comics from many titles.   Please check the link in my sig line.

thanks, have a nice day.

I think these are cool, but I rarely look for them as it takes too long (for me) to pull up every book to check the box. However, I was buying the Batman Adventures 36 (as I always do) and noticed it was the DC Universe variant. luckily, the 30 books around it were all variants so i obviously purchased them all. I don't remember how much I paid, but they were 50 cents or less. I read several pages and never saw the discussion as to what the hardest to find/most valuable are. Any help?

100_7038.JPG

10 hours ago, mysterio said:

Great pickups! I don't think any of the others are too difficult (the Looney Tunes are uncommon though), but that BA #36 is tasty. I've never seen one before. 

I thought that may be a good one as I sell the regular version well and couldn't find any on ebay current or completed.

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

I've just seen the Best of DC 1994 set on ebay - does anyone have this to check? it needs to be established if the Batman adventures #21 DCU on the back is genuine or is it a mock up and the issue included is really just the same bat-logo version found in the June 1994 20 pack 

ebay listiing

Edited by David Buck

2 hours ago, David Buck said:

I've just seen the Best of DC 1994 set on ebay - does anyone have this to check? it needs to be established if the Batman adventures #21 DCU on the back is genuine or is it a mock up and the issue included is really just the same bat-logo version found in the June 1994 20 pack 

ebay listiing

that is interesting.... great find