• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dallas Comic Show - Irving, TX - February 11-12, 2017
1 1

54 posts in this topic

Just for grins we added our buddy Ben Dunn, creator of Ninja High School and Marvel Mangaverse, and widely regarded as the Godfather of American Manga. Ben does killer sketches at shows and it a terrific guy if you've never met him. He joins our comic creator guest list, which is packed with some fun names. Full list updated here - DALLAS COMIC SHOW guest list

bendunn-featured.jpg

Hats off to Mark Walters and the volunteers at this show. Very well organized and what a guest list.

Met John Wesley Shipp, what an awesome and personable gentlemen who really seemed to enjoy meeting fans. We were so blown away by him we paid to have our picture made with him and we never do that. 

Thanks again for putting on a great show

6 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

It wasn't real crowded yesterday when I was there. I wouldn't be surprised. I think Adam Hughes had the longest lines.

Some are still underwater on booth fees, let alone hotels and all the rest. It's bad news. 

14 minutes ago, mysterio1 said:

Some are still underwater on booth fees, let alone hotels and all the rest. It's bad news. 

I really hate to hear this because this was a show focused on comics and was promoted like crazy on the CW for the last month. Plus it was great weather this weekend.

I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come that the only way these shows survive are with big celebrities anchoring them.

Crossing my fingers that Sunday is better.

2 minutes ago, spideyfan68 said:

I really hate to hear this because this was a show focused on comics and was promoted like crazy on the CW for the last month. Plus it was great weather this weekend.

I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come that the only way these shows survive are with big celebrities anchoring them.

I agree. I do think the model has changed though unfortunately. I know for me, when I try to get friends to go (who aren't comic fans necessarily), it is easier when there are big name celebs that they know. Otherwise, they don't care. 

1 hour ago, spideyfan68 said:

It is disappointing that comic shows can't seem to attract comic buyers lately. If these shows can't attract customers who spend money with vendors eventually vendors stop buying booths. We'll end up with shows that have entry into a large hall with autograph lines set up and no vendors. That would be unfortunate. 

No offense Mysterio but I believe we drew a pretty good comic crowd to our event two weeks ago at the NTX Comic Book Show. Sunday was tough but there were very few vendors that didn't profit. I am going off the feedback I received so hopefully it is accurate. 

It is unfortunate that this weekend's event did not do well for vendors if that is the case.

43 minutes ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

No offense Mysterio but I believe we drew a pretty good comic crowd to our event two weeks ago at the NTX Comic Book Show. Sunday was tough but there were very few vendors that didn't profit. I am going off the feedback I received so hopefully it is accurate. 

It is unfortunate that this weekend's event did not do well for vendors if that is the case.

There are just too many competing shows imo. Its a little over a month into 2017 and we have had 3 shows in DFW within the past 6 weeks. Most people can't afford to go to all. 

49 minutes ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

No offense taken. I like your shows a lot and am sorry I had to miss this past one. I do agree with the previous post that there are an abundance of shows in the DFW area, and I'm sure vendors will take note of the shows that are profitable for them when planning their schedules in the future. 

16 hours ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

I'm pretty sure the Perez appearance with his Trump States boycott played a huge part in the Saturday crowd and the Sunday letdown.