• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM : Amazing Fantasy 15
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Hola friends and neighbors. Picked this up this weekend from a long time collector. Measured it and it appears to not be trimed, inspected pages nothing missing that I see and dont see any color touch or tear seals. Book hasnt been pressed, but will be when gets sent in today to CGC. Would like any thoughts. pages are Off white.

af15_Front.jpg

af15_back.jpg

Edited by zhamlau

The problem for me is I don't know what pressing will do to increase the book's grade. I'm not learned regarding pressing and its benefits (detriments?).

As the book sits in the picture now I say 5.5.

Again, I'm just an amateur grader but will look forward to seeing books final grade.

I'm curious about pressing: do they give the book a grade (if you send it to CGC's pressing company) pre-pressing?

Based on what mine looks like, I'd say it's a 5.0, perhaps a 5.5 but the writing on it both front and back are a downside. It's also showing some sort of creasing on the back cover migrating from the middle under "Wallace Brown" and working it's way to the lower spine corner. It has writing on the "A" in Amazing on the front as well. I don't know what CGC will do with that. Currently I don't see quite what pressing would do for the grade. Does it lay flat and are all of the interior pages well connected?

This is the only comic I really know .

Edited by Glassman10

I think as long as i avoid any restoration issues i somehow missed, with press 5.0 seems to be about the general consensus.  Id be fine with that, I think the pages should be ow/w as well, at least OW. Heres to hoping, its in their hands now for walk through review then press then grade.