• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 2-5, 2017, Seattle, Washington
2 2

171 posts in this topic

Ticket is coming in mail to my home. Got email telling me that.

ECCC ticket - checked

Trip ticket - checked

Hotel - checked

3 more items to do then I am all set to go! :whee:

Did you pay for priority or express shipping? I didn't and haven't received any word of tickets being shipped yet, just wondering. Last year my tickets never showed up at all, and after plenty of e-mails going back and forth with them telling me to wait I was able to pick up new ones at will call.

Was that Capital or Diamond? I worked for Capital in their Seattle office in the mid-90s for about 18 months until the branch was shut down.

When I started in 1990, Diamond was buying up Destiny Distributors which was the local distributor here. The owner of Destiny ran the Seattle location for Diamond. I think Capital had an office in downtown Seattle, and then Diamond bought out Capital and then I left in 1996, I think it was 1997 when the comic market kind of imploded on itself and then finally bounced back a few years later. I think Diamond then shut down their Seattle location in 1997 or 1998.

Were you around in the days of the smaller Seattle distributor Second Genesis? From what I remember Destiny was their larger competitor at the time. Right around 1990.

Did you pay for priority or express shipping? I didn't and haven't received any word of tickets being shipped yet, just wondering. Last year my tickets never showed up at all, and after plenty of e-mails going back and forth with them telling me to wait I was able to pick up new ones at will call.

Yes, I did had paid express shipping. It is serviced by DHL priority delivery. I got a tracking number in email.

Were you around in the days of the smaller Seattle distributor Second Genesis? From what I remember Destiny was their larger competitor at the time. Right around 1990.

Oh yeah I remember Second Genesis and Destiny quite well. I believe Steve Dillon (I may be wrong on his last name) worked for Second Genesis but then went to work for Diamond in Seattle so he technically was one of my bosses at the time. Great guy, very easy to work for, always friendly and willing to help. That was a different time for the comic industry, when those who were packaging up the retailers comics took pride in it and made sure each week the books were done right, etc Now, its a gamble if stores will get their titles in one piece.

Oh yeah I remember Second Genesis and Destiny quite well. I believe Steve Dillon (I may be wrong on his last name) worked for Second Genesis but then went to work for Diamond in Seattle so he technically was one of my bosses at the time. Great guy, very easy to work for, always friendly and willing to help. That was a different time for the comic industry, when those who were packaging up the retailers comics took pride in it and made sure each week the books were done right, etc Now, its a gamble if stores will get their titles in one piece.

Perhaps that was a few years earlier but Steve Dillin was my manager at Capital City when I worked there around '94/95. Unless it is different guys with similar names. I hadn't heard that he was at Diamond before, but ya' never know. I do know that he was a school teacher before getting into the comics business, but he really wasn't into comics at all. Matter of fact he'd call them "widgets" or something like that and say he could care less about the products and what they were, but he was still good at his job and friendly with customers despite his disinterest in the actual products. He did know it from the business end. Yes, us three grunts working in the back putting together the orders for either shipment or pickup did take our job seriously. We did have a few perks like getting first crack at the random variant issues when placing our own orders at 40% off.

UPDATE:

ECCC ticket - checked confirmed and have badge

Trip ticket - checked confirmed

Hotel - checked confirmed and double checked

ECCC Customer service (interpreting) - in processing working on

Two more items to do then I am all set to go! :whee::banana:

Edited by Fan Boy

On 2/4/2017 at 6:22 PM, BassGMan said:

Perhaps that was a few years earlier but Steve Dillin was my manager at Capital City when I worked there around '94/95. Unless it is different guys with similar names. I hadn't heard that he was at Diamond before, but ya' never know. I do know that he was a school teacher before getting into the comics business, but he really wasn't into comics at all. Matter of fact he'd call them "widgets" or something like that and say he could care less about the products and what they were, but he was still good at his job and friendly with customers despite his disinterest in the actual products. He did know it from the business end. Yes, us three grunts working in the back putting together the orders for either shipment or pickup did take our job seriously. We did have a few perks like getting first crack at the random variant issues when placing our own orders at 40% off.

I could be wrong on Steve's last name, maybe I remember Steve Dillin's name with Capital, the Steve that worked for Diamond perhaps was a different one. He really wasn't into comics either I don't believe, grey haired guy. Yes the nice perk of working for Diamond was the employee discount, I think we got 50% off.

On February 8, 2017 at 1:11 PM, MastrCntrlProgram said:

Does anyone know how to reach the facilitator for Stan Lee (Or what they are charging)? I am told it was Excelsior Collectibles, formally Anastasia, but I cannot reach them.

Wait, what? A new facilitator for Stan? Is anastasias no longer the exclusive? Thats interesting.

Edited by Player-1
It wasn't useful information. It didn't contribute towards the topic. My bad.

My tickets finally came in the mail.... *spoon* me, I was half thinking they forgot about me lol

I'll be there Thursday early in the morning bumming around town and I'll wait in line for McFarlane however long it takes to meet him on Fri.  Does anyone know if McFarlane would be willing to sign my shoulder?  Would be great to have Stan and McFarlane tats <3

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Have you ever wondered what a comic looks like, as it transitions from -script to print? This exclusive -script Edition by Scott Snyder will give you a sneak peek into the world of writing comics. An amazing 52 pages in length this book includes the full unedited -script by Scott of Wytches issue #1. Inside he provides references, personal experiences, and other details to help create the unique & terrifying world of Wytches.

Signed by Scott these books can be found at table GG4 for $25.00 each.

Untitled_zpsshgky8hl.png

At ECCC I'l be doing interviews for the TransMisisons podcast.

On a personal note, I hope to go to the CGC booth and send four books off to be graded. I would also love to find a decent copy of Amazing Spider-Man issue 33.

Edited by Yoshi
Grammer