• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Well, I snuck back into the Club. Found this guy out in the wild today from a man who had it for 50+ years since he got it from the original buyer. Appears legitness, going for pressing and grading this week. Any suggestions on who is best to press, just CCS (and wait 3 months)?

Looks like a nice book. Do tell more of the story! Also, posting it in the PGM makes sense.

I can't contain myself I would just release those beauties from that casing. I want one so badly. Nice books.

In what way does it make sense for someone who is obviously amassing copies as an investment to "release those beauties"? Don't think he's interested in diminishing returns.

I dont know, anyone know if its instant turnaround on pressing/grading for walk through? Its gonna be like 600 bucks with shipping for that so i would hope so. Anyone know?

I've had experience on walkthrough books-1 to 2 weeks for ccs and obviously same day for grading

Well, I snuck back into the Club. Found this guy out in the wild today from a man who had it for 50+ years since he got it from the original buyer. Appears legitness, going for pressing and grading this week. Any suggestions on who is best to press, just CCS (and wait 3 months)?

Looks like a nice book. Do tell more of the story! Also, posting it in the PGM makes sense.

Story is simple, I picked the book up from a long time collector who mostly collects art and ephemera. He bought the book back in 1967 for less than cover price at a flea market and held it since. One day he wanted money, he named a price at market for raw and After looking it over I said F it why not.

I had a copy of this book years ago I had to let go of to pay for home repairs. It sorta gutted me. I'm not a HUGE comic collector as much as I am an original art collector, but having the grails is very important to me. Mostly I focus on getting every single 80s marvel and im building a full run of 35 cent price variants, but I want the top 10 Marvel keys in CGC 4.0 or higher

1. AF 15

2. Hulk 1

3. FF 1

4. Avengers 1

5. JIM 83

6. TOS 39

7. TTA 27

8. DD 1

9. X-men 1

10. ST 110

One down, 9 to go :-)

Damn, at this rate I will barely be able to afford the staples from a copy! 

About 18-24 months ago I had a chance at a raw g/VG copy for 7300 CSD and the same grade now is going for about twice that much. 

I didn't have the funds at the time but I could probably do it now. What a bummer! 

If anyone has a lower grade entry level copy available please shoot me a pm.

Raw, graded, restored, etc. I'm open to anything? 

Thanks 

On 2/5/2017 at 8:59 AM, NoMan said:

Since it's going for grading and you'll get it back shortly, any chance you can post this in PGM section and let us sharpen are grading skills and then post CGC grade when it's pressed and back?

No hi-jack intended, the above NoMan post got me to join, and begin this ride. Thanks for your understanding all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where to begin......i guess in context is I'll post photo's of my AF#15 here and in PGM forum. 

But most so, hello,  I'm excited to be here.

Quick bit of background, I'm currently cataloging my childhood collection for the first time. I actively collected from 1971-1979, predominantly Silver, some Bronze, very little Golden Age, approx 800 books.  AF #15 is the marquee book. From 1979 until now these books have only been handled/viewed once, when I removed them from shelves into box's, late 1990's.  I'm really enjoying getting back into this collection. I've been re-bitten by enjoying that era's books bug again, as well as very much sharing enthusiasm with collectors and enthusiasts again.  

Having been out of collecting for 35 plus years and deciding what to do with this collection has me with a number of questions.  I look forward to finding the various correct forums here, seeking advise, insight, perspectives and enjoying the ride this go around with this collection and AF #15 will be. I have a number of titles, but Peter Parker was my guy. Now, I'll try and get today's photo's to attach. I'll try one photo here first, then experiment with multi in PGM (and/or here, as is appropriate).

58a0d569b6325_AF15front.thumb.jpg.04e549021e4aa4fe786988099c9138eb.jpg

20 minutes ago, hapicamp said:

No hi-jack intended, the above NoMan post got me to join, and begin this ride. Thanks for your understanding all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where to begin......i guess in context is I'll post photo's of my AF#15 here and in PGM forum. 

But most so, hello,  I'm excited to be here.

Quick bit of background, I'm currently cataloging my childhood collection for the first time. I actively collected from 1971-1979, predominantly Silver, some Bronze, very little Golden Age, approx 800 books.  AF #15 is the marquee book. From 1979 until now these books have only been handled/viewed once, when I removed them from shelves into box's, late 1990's.  I'm really enjoying getting back into this collection. I've been re-bitten by enjoying that era's books bug again, as well as very much sharing enthusiasm with collectors and enthusiasts again.  

Having been out of collecting for 35 plus years and deciding what to do with this collection has me with a number of questions.  I look forward to finding the various correct forums here, seeking advise, insight, perspectives and enjoying the ride this go around with this collection and AF #15 will be. I have a number of titles, but Peter Parker was my guy. Now, I'll try and get today's photo's to attach. I'll try one photo here first, then experiment with multi in PGM (and/or here, as is appropriate).

58a0d569b6325_AF15front.thumb.jpg.04e549021e4aa4fe786988099c9138eb.jpg

Good gosh is that book pretty

Thanks. yea ultimately I think it is also. The photo we are seeing is the first time I have viewed it as a photograph and I think it really fully represents, to the point of accurately accentuating it's 'living history'/condition. I'll post back cover and inside pages here or PGM forum, wherever appropriate. I'm cataloging with a CGC drop-off shop owner, he initially and cursorily, thru the plastic bag, not seeing back cover etc,  graded it (edited).

Edited by hapicamp
edit to remove having relayed grade befor posting in PGM