• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

I personally love the idea of Hayley Atwell. She is well known. Does not have on ongoing series right now since Agent Carter and Conviction have been cancelled. From everything I have seen, is a genuinely nice person. But most important, has expressed a very strong interest in playing the role (I guess many have though).

Hmm no. Kate Bush is the only qualified female to play the Doctor

PJ Harvey.

What about The Doctor's Daughter? or even Eva Green?

Not Eva Green :eek:

Completely impossible, anyway. She'd flat out refuse the role because there's no nudity in the show.

I personally love the idea of Hayley Atwell. She is well known. Does not have on ongoing series right now since Agent Carter and Conviction have been cancelled. From everything I have seen, is a genuinely nice person. But most important, has expressed a very strong interest in playing the role (I guess many have though).

PJ Harvey.

Okay, maybe not her. How about Theo James?

Too young looking.

PJ Harvey.

Completely impossible, anyway. She'd flat out refuse the role because there's no nudity in the show.

phew.gif

PJ Harvey.

Eva Green would be perfect.

PJ Harvey.

Not a fan.

PJ Harvey.

Not a fan.

Hmm not possible there is a male and female species for the time lords. Looming is not cannon yet. I also think it is a risky move to do because we know how the male doctor and female companion work well together compared to male doctor male companion combo. We then have to wonder how a female/female combo would go or a female/male combo.

Rupert Grint would also be great

PJ Harvey.

Not a fan.

Hmm not possible there is a male and female species for the time lords. Looming is not cannon yet. I also think it is a risky move to do because we know how the male doctor and female companion work well together compared to male doctor male companion combo. We then have to wonder how a female/female combo would go or a female/male combo.

Rupert Grint would also be great

Oh, I never thought about him. (thumbs u

I'm not sure are totally correct on the gender-swapping conventions of the Time Lords either.

In the episode "Hell Bent," didn't the security chief do just that when the Doctor "killed" him.

As to the male female Time Lord comment. They did show one regenerate a few seasons ago and go from a white male to a black female. They also have the master who is currently Missy. I believe these two events have been testing the water for an eventual female Doctor Who.

I read an article/opinion recently discussing would and how would the decision work. The premise of the article was it becomes a problem if they box themselves in story wise by making such a choice. So if the episode concentrated too heavily on being female, and how others react to the Doctor being female as opposed to telling good stories. They made the same point about selecting a different ethnicity for the role. If you picked that actor and then do a story in the Earth's past all those episodes can't be about, the Doctor always being forced to be a servant or acting as a servant, because of their current form. Unfortunately, with historic story lines, a white male doctor is the persona that is going to slip into society most easily, and gain respect most easily. That is just how things worked 100, 200, 300, etc years ago.

Forgot about Missy. doh!

You could tell there was a plan to introduce a female version of The Master because of a short scene after John Simm's version regenerated.

Forgot about Missy. doh!

You could tell there was a plan to introduce a female version of The Master because of a short scene after John Simm's version regenerated.

From a plot stanpoint, Missy worked very well hiding in plain sight all season. I do also really like the chemistry between Capaldi and Gomez, they are very good on camera together. So, for now, that gender switch has worked well.

Forgot about Missy. doh!

There was a modern regeneration scene, might have been DT to MS, were he checked his Adam's Apple to see what size it was. More family friendly than checking the groin.

2 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic1 said:

It is a very twisty place now, isn't it?

In New Hampshire, we might comment it is "a mite peculiar" as well.

...and I have seen plenty of strange.

DSC01098.JPG

WTTB newb   :hi:

On 2/5/2017 at 4:49 PM, drotto said:

As to the male female Time Lord comment. They did show one regenerate a few seasons ago and go from a white male to a black female. They also have the master who is currently Missy. I believe these two events have been testing the water for an eventual female Doctor Who.

I read an article/opinion recently discussing would and how would the decision work. The premise of the article was it becomes a problem if they box themselves in story wise by making such a choice. So if the episode concentrated too heavily on being female, and how others react to the Doctor being female as opposed to telling good stories. They made the same point about selecting a different ethnicity for the role. If you picked that actor and then do a story in the Earth's past all those episodes can't be about, the Doctor always being forced to be a servant or acting as a servant, because of their current form. Unfortunately, with historic story lines, a white male doctor is the persona that is going to slip into society most easily, and gain respect most easily. That is just how things worked 100, 200, 300, etc years ago.

Well when alien technology brings you back to life and places your soul in a new body a sex change can happen