• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Does anyone here own a copy, Steve?

Not anymore, moved both the A-Man 25 and A-Man 26 a long time ago (and no idea where they are now).

The 25 was a sharp copy but it had significant edge browning.

The 26 was a raw F/VF with off-white-to-white pages (I know, I know... doh! ).

Your 25 is safely tucked away. :banana:

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#6

Another tough issue. A few years ago I saw this copy pop up on clink and I made a 90% offer. Got a counter back which was mid way (95%) and before I saw counter and could accept, someone popped it at full price. I was a bit bummed. Well, a couple years later a boardie offered it to me and I couldn't say "yes" fast enough!

IMG_4323_zpskqw7kfrd.jpg

Enjoying the show GAtor. Nice with the accompanying stories, (thumbs u
some books have better stories than others lol

The recurring theme is a lot of these books came courtesy from fellow boardies :headbang:

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#6

Another tough issue. A few years ago I saw this copy pop up on clink and I made a 90% offer. Got a counter back which was mid way (95%) and before I saw counter and could accept, someone popped it at full price. I was a bit bummed. Well, a couple years later a boardie offered it to me and I couldn't say "yes" fast enough!

IMG_4323_zpskqw7kfrd.jpg

Spectacular copy of a tough book (notice the CGC label doesn't mention the Everett cover (shrug) ) .

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#7

I remember being at a geek fest some 7+ years ago and this book in cgc 8.0 (ca pedigree) was up for auction. I was so happy to win it. At the time I did not have any of the preceding issues and this one struck me as being a wonderful example of a centaur

Sadly it was part of the first purge but I was fortunate enough to pick up the copy below

IMG_4324_zpsl7ysayex.jpg

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#7

I remember being at a geek fest some 7+ years ago and this book in cgc 8.0 (ca pedigree) was up for auction. I was so happy to win it. At the time I did not have any of the preceding issues and this one struck me as being a wonderful example of a centaur

Sadly it was part of the first purge but I was fortunate enough to pick up the copy below

IMG_4324_zpsl7ysayex.jpg

One of the first issues I will chase when the time truly comes!!

apparently I can't figure out how to edit my first post, that updates the title alerting folks to when new book is added...I can edit posts made on this forum, but I guess previous posts are no longer editable?

19 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

apparently I can't figure out how to edit my first post, that updates the title alerting folks to when new book is added...I can edit posts made on this forum, but I guess previous posts are no longer editable?

I think Arch said that currently posts can only be edited for six hours.  They're working on lengthening that time -- which will otherwise be a real problem for sales threads.

Just now, Sqeggs said:

I think Arch said that currently posts can only be edited for six hours.  They're working on lengthening that time -- which will otherwise be a real problem for sales threads.

I was hoping to run a 300+ book thread next week, but not being able to edit to indicate which books sold after 6 hours will be a headache and a half. 

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#10

really wanted the mike high copy of this book but it never managed to happen. None the less a cool boardie hooked me up with the cosmic aeroplane copy. I also managed this nice mid grade copy 

IMG_4327.JPG