• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

Those Funko things are really huge from what I hear. Better half tells me a lot of people have them on their desks at work

They are definitely extremely popular. I'm not too sure how much longer the craze will last but I always see long lines at the Funko booth in NYCC and people walking around with massive bags full of them. I don't own any but the Demogorgon on the right is tempting.

I'm late to the ST fan club. I just did not buy into the early hype and did not have time for another TV show. I am so glad I finally listened to all of the folks who raved about this show.

It's like Scooby Doo, baby X-Files and Poltergeist all wrapped in one. I found myself not wanting to binge on this one and prefer to savor each episode by only watching one or two at a time. I've been watching it with three other friends and its been like a little party every time. Still have two to go and we're making a special night of it. Fantastic!

Stranger Things Season 2 reveals cast photo, officially begins production

Production has officially begun, and the studio just release a new photo of the returning cast (including the previously announced Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven).

65UuSsE.png

Season 2 of STRANGER THINGS will begin streaming on Netflix next year, presumably sometime in the summer.

yd9wCLq.png

The following article is from Entertainment Weekly...

Stranger Things 2 exclusive: The Goonies, Aliens stars join Netflix series

by Tim Stack | November 7 2016

11vhf29.jpg

Let’s face it: We all miss the folks of Hawkins, Indiana. So, thankfully, Stranger Things 2 is about to start production (!) and EW has some exclusive new details on season 2.

The Netflix series, created by Ross and Matt Duffer, is adding three new characters, including someone who kind of sounds like the next Eleven. And two of the actors have very important connections to genre films influenced by the Duffers.

Danish actress Linnea Berthelsen has been cast as Roman. Per Netflix, she’s “an emotionally damaged, magnetic young woman who suffered a great loss as a child. Although she does not live in Hawkins, she is mysteriously connected to the supernatural events at the lab…”

EW Analysis: Does she like toasted breakfast pastries too? We predict that she has a lot of qualities in common with a certain young lady who favors a buzz-cut accessorized with a nose bleed.

Sean Astin (The Goonies, Lord of the Rings trilogy) will play Bob Newby, “a kindhearted former nerd who went to high school with Joyce (Winona Ryder) and Hopper (David Harbour) and now manages the local Hawkins RadioShack.”

EW Analysis: Given how much these kids love a radio and gadgets, I wonder if the local RadioShack will come into play? The casting of Astin, who played Goonies leader Mikey in the iconic film, may be the biggest nod yet the Duffers have given to the 1985 movie which inspired Things.

Paul Reiser (Aliens, Whiplash) has been cast as Dr. Owens, “a high-ranking member within the Department of Energy on a ‘clean-up’ assignment, tasked with containing the events of last year.”

EW Analysis: Given that we don’t fully know what happened to Dr. Brenner (Matthew Modine), it certainly sounds like Dr. Owens could be this season’s government baddie. But Reiser is also interesting given that the Duffers told EW that Stranger Things 2 will feel like a movie sequel and mentioned James Cameron films like Terminator 2 and Aliens, in which Reiser played the villainous Burke, as inspiration. “I think one of the reasons [Cameron’s] sequels are as successful as they are is he makes them feel very different than what came before without losing what we loved about the original,” Matt Duffer said in August. “So I think we kinda looked to him and what he does and tried to capture a little bit of the magic of his work.”

Full article by Entertainment Weekly

‘Stranger Things’ Season 2: Shawn Levy Confirms He’s Directing Again; Teases Season 3

stranger-things-730x365.jpg

Collider’s own Steve Weintraub hosted an IMAX screening and Q&A with Stranger Things producer/director Shawn Levy of his film Real Steel last night, they touched on Stranger Things Season 2.

Levy revealed that filming on Season 2 actually began yesterday, November 7th, while also confirming that Netflix gave him and the Duffer Brothers a heads-up about the Season 2 renewal before it was officially announced:

“We were given the wink-wink, ‘You guys should seriously start thinking about what you wanna have happen in Season 2’ before it was announced.”

For Season 2, Levy says they’ll be following the same directing formula due to superstition:

“Yes, we are a little superstitious so just like last year, they’re doing 1 and 2, I’m going in and doing 3 and 4. So the first four are gonna kick off exactly the same as last time… I am going to start prepping right around Thanksgiving and I’ll be filming my episodes through December and January.”

As for when Season 2 might debut on Netflix, Levy declined to give a firm timetable but did note that filming just started and Season 2 is one episode longer than Season 1:

“That I can’t say. I do have a sense of it. It was promised when we announced that we were picked up for Season 2 and we gave those chapter headings, I believe it ended with ‘Coming in 2017’ and that much is true. You can do a little bit of math, we’re not magicians so there’s no way it launches in Spring since I just admitted we started filming today, and we’re doing nine.”

On 2/6/2017 at 0:25 AM, CrazyQuinn said:

L'eggo my Eggo!! LOVED the superbowl ad, can't wait til October now!!!! :D

167843.jpg.ec3e942d26e9adb6a88b1c093a695528.jpg

Ok, I feel really dumb now. That didn't even click for me, and I watched it twice.

Edited by Darkowl

17 hours ago, cousin itt said:

I think that boy on the right in the eggo commercial is the same kid that went on to be a child actor in a lot of shows.  (The one I can think of is the older brother on wonder years.)

That's what I was thinking too. Don't forget Monster Squad!!!

Finally caught up with ST this week - thought I was going to be constantly annoyed by those kids after the first episode but they grew on me and I would echo all the good things that everybody else has posted in here - it was an excellent first season.

The homages that everyone else has mentioned are obvious but for me it's pure Stephen King running through this show - even the character names sound like they came from one of his books, particularly Salem's Lot.

This one blows.

suffered through 7 episodes of bad acting, worse special effects and a story that could have been told in a half hour Night Gallery episode.

I quit mid episode 8.

(((( yawn )))