• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,429 posts in this topic

Is there a quality reprint book available for Barks' earliest WDC&S stories (#31 up)?

There are a few ways to get them. Set VII of the hardcover B&W Barks library has numbers 31-94. Then there's the later Gladstone Carl Barks Library in color. I don't have those, but I think they have about 8 stories in each. All of those things are available on eBay fairly often.

Is there a quality reprint book available for Barks' earliest WDC&S stories (#31 up)?

There are a few ways to get them. Set VII of the hardcover B&W Barks library has numbers 31-94. Then there's the later Gladstone Carl Barks Library in color. I don't have those, but I think they have about 8 stories in each. All of those things are available on eBay fairly often.

Fantagraphics is also publishing a chronological hard bound set but it includes the Four Color books and it didn't start off at the beginning of Barks work. They are nice books though and available on Amazon.

Fantagraphics is also publishing a chronological hard bound set but it includes the Four Color books and it didn't start off at the beginning of Barks work. They are nice books though and available on Amazon.

I like these quite a lot and they include some interesting commentary. As you note, though, they are publishing them out of order. I'd have to check to see whether any of the volumes published so far include the early Barks WDC&S DD 10-pagers.

I'd have to check to see whether any of the volumes published so far include the early Barks WDC&S DD 10-pagers.

Thanks - I'm looking for those 10-pagers in color (as long as the inking isn't too bad).

I'd have to check to see whether any of the volumes published so far include the early Barks WDC&S DD 10-pagers.

Thanks - I'm looking for those 10-pagers in color (as long as the inking isn't too bad).

I like them much better in color. I do have the old Barks Library volumes, but they are in black and white. Fantagraphics does a good job with the coloring, imo.

The Fantagraphics books Sqeggs mentioned are great. Definitely keepers for me.

I just checked mine and so far they reprint the Barks stories from WDC & S #80-177. Also all the Four Colors, Giants, etc... from the same time period.

On 2/5/2017 at 6:38 PM, tricolorbrian said:

There's also these, although they are not WDC&S reprints, they are nice for those who don't want the originals...these came out in the early 70s.

32583351962_7c0d9e5a27_c.jpg

32583351482_57b4b2ac82_c.jpg

32696447826_ed22fd1154_c.jpg

I'd forgotten about this series. I remember buying these when they came out. They were some of the earliest nice reprints of these Barks' tales.