• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

Could use some help for the following and if anyone needs any parts I only have a few books below.

These are books I need a cover for:

All Select 3

Blonde Phantom 21

Captain America comics 76

Exciting Comics 39

Journey into Mystery 83

MMC 46

MMC 45

MMC 42

MMC 40

MMC 39

MMC 35

MMC 30

MMC 20

Sub-Mariner 8

Sub-Mariner 13

Sub-Mariner 38

Plastic Man 1

Real Life Comics 3

Young Allies 3

These I need a coverless copy for:

Adv.comics 95

Adv. comics 97

MMC 79

Available for anyone who needs parts:

Young allies 8 coverless miss. Pages

Mystic 9 coverless miss CF

USA Comics 6 coverless miss last pg(I think)

I've got a coverless Adventure 95. PM me; we'll figure it out. (thumbs u

Which service do you guys use to actually marry your covers?

Also... would reattaching the original cover to a book be considered married, as well?

If your saying your reattaching the original cover to the book that would not be married. It is when you attach a part from a different copy to an existing book that it gets married.

I don't think many people really understand what married means as you are taking two original parts from the same ear and putting them together with any restoration or repair.

Sometimes this is simple like attaching a cover or centerfold sometimes it's a bit more involved.

James G

Got it -- the conventional definition I learned just from reading this thread.

I am guessing there is no easy way to reattach an original cover without restoration, else many would have done it.

For cover marriage, does one typically re-use the staples left in the book?

It depends on why it was detached often paper can be put under the staple for it to hold.

Yes you must use the original staples otherwise you get into restoration.

James G

Wouldn't I need to find a cover for that lol 

...to clarify, I'd been searching for a MM2 cover before acquiring a coverless.  Recently I decided to just go ahead and get the coverless, and be content with a replica cover if needed.

Edited by exitmusicblue

4 hours ago, streyouttacomics said:

Hey guys, looking for coverless copies of Startling Comics 10, Cap 2, Cap 37 (CF only), Green Lantern 3 GA (CF only or coverless) Whiz #3 aka. #2 (Cover Only)

Noticed a decent Startling 10 coverless on MCS today.  Seems like they have more GA parts as of late. 

I'm looking for a coverless Tomb of Terror #10. I have the cover, picked it up at a flea market, and want to get it together.

Forget what other coverless copies I have but will check and post again. Might have some other covers too.

PM me if you got Tomb of Terror #10 innards!

Jesse