• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Ohhhhhhh...

Ayesha (Earth-616)

Aliases: Paragon, Her, Ayesha, J'Ridia Starduster

Relatives: Adam Warlock (genetic twin)

Her.

:whee:

(thumbs u Guess that makes sense with the Thor movie...I must have missed this one last year

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-scoop-thor-ragnarok-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-details-316

On 23/01/2017 at 10:18 PM, Comicopolis said:

I like how GOTG reminds me of a 1970's Heavy Metal magazine come to life.

You'd more than likely enjoy The Final Incal by Jodorowsky and Ladronn, which continues Moebius' work but is much more space operatic.

14 hours ago, drotto said:

I tend to agree.  I am thinking around $500 mil. domestic and $1.1 bil. WW

I agree with these numbers as well.  GOTG2 doesn't have the 3 movie lead-in that Avengers had.  GOTG2 will do better than GOTG, but nowhere near Avengers numbers.

Wait a minute! You are not factoring in Mr. Kurt 'Stargate' Russell. That's at least an extra $250MM-$500MM. (:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Cast On Working With Kurt Russell

Excitement ran high among the cast and crew when it was officially announced that Kurt Russell had joined the cast of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. The talented and beloved actor has been entertaining audiences throughout his impressive fifty-year career. There is no genre he won't touch. He is one of those rare actors that can do it all: action (Escape from New York), drama (Silkwood), horror (The Thing), and comedy (Overboard).

During a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 set visit, five members of the cast — Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, and Zoe Saldana — were asked: What was it like to work with the Hollywood legend.

Chris Pratt: "For me, there are actors that I loved growing up - there’s a handful of them - and he is absolutely right at the top of that list," Pratt said, "and has not once done anything to disappoint the inner child in me who was so excited when he got cast. He’s really cool. He’s absolutely an artist. Even though he’s kind of the ‘everyman’ kind of a character, he’s really an artist and he really cares deeply about all of the details of his character."

Dave Bautista: "It's pretty great, man. [laughs] It's pretty great," shared Bautista, who is a YUGE fan of Russell's work in 1981's Escape from New York and 1986's Big Trouble in Little China. "It was weird. I felt like such a fanboy. The first day, I was like, "I've got to ask you about this, man: How do you feel about the Rock being cast as Jack Burton?" And he was like, "Yeah, great."

Pom Klementieff: "Oh, it's amazing!" exclaimed Klementieff. "He's amazing. He's really nice. He's really funny. He's really professional, and it's great to see him work and to see someone who's done so many movies and who's so down to earth, it's great. They're all like that in this movie. I feel really lucky."

Karen Gillan: "All I want to do is watch him work, and I have watched him work," Gillan offered. "And it's like just getting a lesson on how to act basically. It's really cool, it's sort of unbelievable actually."

Zoe Saldana: "I am a fan of his," admitted Saldana, who grew up in the '80s and loved watching Russell in Big Trouble in Little China and Tango & Cash (1989). "To get to work with a veteran of that scale and I'm really humbled.  And he's fantastic.  An incredible human being."

Pretty cool when movie stars are fanboys and girls as well.

Edited by Bosco685

That's what brings the WW total to 1.1 billion.

:wink:

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Wait a minute! You are not factoring in Mr. Kurt 'Stargate' Russell. That's at least an extra $250MM-$500MM. (:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Cast On Working With Kurt Russell

Pretty cool when movie stars are fanboys and girls as well.