• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Don't forget about solarcadet1.

I buy and sell all week long on the boards so the HOS is a complete joke

I have boardies coming to me for their foreign needs

My money is apparently greener than yours. I am in good standings with the Mods and that is all that matters

Again, you and HOS voters have zero power or authority...

Now that's game.

giggle.gif

-slym

Yup, I guess we have a ^^

Don't forget about solarcadet1.

I buy and sell all week long on the boards so the HOS is a complete joke

I have boardies coming to me for their foreign needs

My money is apparently greener than yours. I am in good standings with the Mods and that is all that matters

Again, you and HOS voters have zero power or authority...

Now that's game.

giggle.gif

-slym

I was told that Solarcadet STILL has a shill account and operates on the boards strictly through PM with the foreign book collectors. So... so much for that.

MTL Collector thread is a classic. Several HOS members had their first sale of that variety. I love how the cheap comic chum works every time!!

So many boardies all welcoming him with open arms!!!!

tumblr_n2udscJHNj1sg0a6co1_500.gif

i've got 2 pending deals from my last sales thread. Neither has read a PM sent 5 days ago. Due to the impending board "upgrade" do i wait and hope the changeover goes smoothly or PP invoice 1 guy (who's bought from me before) and email the other guy (a newb w/ 2 total posts)?

i've got 2 pending deals from my last sales thread. Neither has read a PM sent 5 days ago. Due to the impending board "upgrade" do i wait and hope the changeover goes smoothly or PP invoice 1 guy (who's bought from me before) and email the other guy (a newb w/ 2 total posts)?

I would add another post to the PM explaining the board switch over and wait it out till Wednesday. Chances are if they are not reading your PMs, they probably haven't read the "board update" notification either.

I'm planning on having a reasonable-sized sale next week about a long box full of DC copper/modern (this is a subtle advertisement coupled with a very real question).  I plan to start on Monday evening, and the sale will go probably 2+ days total.  I personally have a lot of free time on Tuesday night aka Valentine's Day.  I'm definitely selling Monday, but would it be in my best interest to also sell on Tuesday night?  Or should I wait til Wednesday (when I'll have less time).  Has anyone every tried selling on Valentine's Day?  Will a lot of boardies be 'online'?  Obviously my goal is to get the most sales for my time.

Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:26 PM, Revat1 said:

I'm planning on having a reasonable-sized sale next week about a long box full of DC copper/modern (this is a subtle advertisement coupled with a very real question).  I plan to start on Monday evening, and the sale will go probably 2+ days total.  I personally have a lot of free time on Tuesday night aka Valentine's Day.  I'm definitely selling Monday, but would it be in my best interest to also sell on Tuesday night?  Or should I wait til Wednesday (when I'll have less time).  Has anyone every tried selling on Valentine's Day?  Will a lot of boardies be 'online'?  Obviously my goal is to get the most sales for my time.

I have not noticed any traffic decrease on Valentines day here on the boards... take that how ever you want. 

So I say go for it. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:28 AM, miraclemet said:
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, Revat1 said:

I have not noticed any traffic decrease on Valentines day here on the boards... take that how ever you want. 

So I say go for it. 

this was not successful.  lesson learned.  Apparently y'all had some valentines day plans.  unexpected, but I'm happy for everyone.

Looks like paypal is upping all their fees again, especially for cross-border transactions. That should effectively kill international transactions using PP.

One other interesting development, if you use paypal you can not charge more or 'discount' for non-PP transactions.  So sellers who offer discounts for check payments can have their PP account terminated. 

8 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Looks like paypal is upping all their fees again, especially for cross-border transactions. That should effectively kill international transactions using PP.

One other interesting development, if you use paypal you can not charge more or 'discount' for non-PP transactions.  So sellers who offer discounts for check payments can have their PP account terminated. 

How much is the increase ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu