• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hughes Supergirl #23 Spanish or Italian variants

7 posts in this topic

I see these pop up on eBay from time to time. With the regular US version being so expensive..is there a market for these alternatives or is it wasted money?

Especially if you're buying them just for the cover art to be signed/graded

Thoughts?

I can tell that there is a market for those, and for a lot of other foreign editions.

In the Supergirl case, people buy it because the original edition is very expensive.

In many other cases, scarcity is the reason some people pay good sums for them. Sometimes, if you want a book, you have to wait years just to have a copy available for sale, and sometimes you will never find a copy for sale.

Another factor is condition, even for moderns like the Supergirl 23, finding a true NM (I am talking 9.4, forget about 9.8) is very challenging.

Personally I sold a few copies of the spanish Supergirl 23, it's a $30-$50

Understood...and that makes plenty of sense.

Being able to buy the foreign variants for 1/4 of their US counterpart price does interest me, as I am really only buying for the Hughes cover art itself anyways.