• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay - TMNT Eastman #7 Rough Cover & Mitchroney Mikey Sketch - $$ Reduction!!

7 posts in this topic

Here is wave 3 of my TMNT purge. There will be at least one more as I have decided to go all out this time. This week's is small as I have been buy but some really nice stuff!

Auctions can be found here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=cowabungaturtles&_sop=12&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC4.A0.H0.Xtmnt.TRS2&_nkw=tmnt&_sacat=0

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by nriccijr

10 hours ago, Chiefs1313 said:

What's a rough cover? Is that not the orig art used for the cover of issue 7?

It's pretty common for Kevin Eastman to do a very detailed rough before starting on the final, published art.  For his IDW work, many of these roughs are blue like the one above.  These roughs are generally very similar to the final piece, but some changes are made to the final piece.  The final piece is also usually on a bigger page (usually 11x17) and done in black ink. 

So no, the blue rough is not the original art used for the cover of issue 7.  It is the rough outline that he wanted to do for the cover, though admittedly it is much more detailed than roughs that many artists do. 

Sorry I did not respond...thanks Adam (You noob w/ 5 posts!!)

Stuff re-listed for less. Just a side note, this rough cover is one of the closest ones to the actual covers. The ones now are very rushed and everyone looks very boxy.