• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taboo FX

18 posts in this topic

I don't fancy the WC very often. lol

You mentioned in the WC thread that you keep reminding yourself that she is his step-sister, but she made mention in the last episode that they share the same father and I believe there was mention before that they're half siblings big difference. It was a different time back then maybe that type of incest was tolerable? hm

Been watching from the beginning, pretty good so far! I really like the way it's filmed: dark, gritty color is kind of washed out. It lost me for one episode when it seemed 90% of it was Hardy walking about London but it recaptured my interest with this lasest episode!

Up to Episode Five now, and this is one heck of a dark yet intense and entertaining show. And the level of depth into the history is incredible where you feel for a TV show they went all-out to take you back in time.

Tom Hardy just tears through his competition. Though I wish he had finished off the husband of his step-sister in their duel.

Liked last nights episode. Even though James Delaney is the main character I'm not so sure I'm on his side to win. The show does a great job of making you like him then showing you that he really is not a good person.

Some creepy torturing goings on in this last episode. I wonder if the season finale will be Delaney and crew sailing off to America with the Kings army and the British Tea Company in hot pursuit?

Taboo season 2 to start production at end of 2023, says Steven Knight

Steven Knight is a busy man these days. While Peaky Blinders has now come to an end, there is still work to be done on the crime drama's spin-off film, as well as Knight's newly announced ska and two-tone music drama set in Birmingham.

However, that doesn't mean that one of his other projects, which has been in development since 2017, has fallen by the wayside - in fact, we've just got a new update on the long-awaited Taboo season 2.

As first reported in Broadcast, Knight appeared at the Creative Cities Convention in Digbeth, Birmingham, where he confirmed that he is set to meet this coming week with the show's star and co-creator, Tom Hardy, to discuss where the series will go next.

Even those who enjoyed Hardy’s brutal and dark performance in Taboo season 1 may have forgotten about the show by now, but nevertheless, Taboo season 2 appears to still be a possibility. Speaking to The Radio Times, Hardy’s producing partner Dean Baker says that work is under way on Taboo season 2. “Currently we are working on a second season of Taboo,” he confirmed.

The long delay between Taboo season 1 ending and work moving ahead on season 2 is attributable to the difficulties of lining up schedules, given how busy Hardy and his writing partner Knight are. But Hardy himself has never given up on Taboo, calling the show “very important” to him. Indeed, the actor previously discussed his wild ideas for Taboo season 2, including one that would feature an insane time jump all the way to the 20th Century. As Hardy told Esquire back in 2021:

“In my head I was thinking, ‘Let’s say they get to America, they get to Canada, fast-forward to 1968, the Tet Offensive, the Vietnam War, look at the CIA, the Viet Cong, the French in Saigon … Take the Delaney family tree out in the jungle, and recreate the same family dynamics that were happening in London but with new people, thinking about how history and corruption repeats itself. It’s still Taboo, it’s still period, but it’s the Sixties. There’s something fun about that.”