• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES on MTV (01-2016)

64 posts in this topic

Had a chance to watch Episode 6 last night (Pykon). I'm liking this show so far, though there is a little hollowness to some of the characters. Sure, it is a mix of 'The Lord of the Rings', 'Game of Thrones' and even 'The Hobbit'. But it also has its own unique direction and enough strong characters to make it worth watching for now.

There are some good scenes in this episode. But the action comes about in the second half. Especially the experiences at the Elf fortress Pykon.

KLWLZPb.jpg

I need to binge and catch up like I recently did with The 100.

So, does this series end after season one or are they looking to keep it going after they plant the new tree?

I haven't been keeping up so I might be outdated here or just outright wrong lol, but as I've mentioned above I suspect if ratings and interest is high we will see the adaptationof Wishsong of Shannara, the third book in the series.

I haven't been keeping up so I might be outdated here or just outright wrong lol, but as I've mentioned above I suspect if ratings and interest is high we will see the adaptationof Wishsong of Shannara, the third book in the series.

The show has gotten better as it progresses. I could see this getting a second season.

Manu Bennett is really good in his role as Allanon.

Saw the finale.

- All-out battle across the realm.

- Some key characters die.

- Surprise ending, though it was slightly clear this was probably coming.

- One key character transitions in a major way.

Overall, I'd give the series a 7/10. There are times it feels ever so rushed, and other times it is wonderfully crafted with interesting characters.

I can see a Season Two working.

The Shannara Chronicles Gets Renewed For Season 2

MTV, a unit of Viacom, today announced it has renewed "The Shannara Chronicles," its adaptation of the international best-selling fantasy novels by Terry Brooks, for a second season. The announcement was made ahead of the 2016 MTV Upfront presentation to be held in New York tomorrow. Developed at Sonar Entertainment, the series is co-produced by MTV, Sonar and Farah Films.

"This dream team delivered a beautiful, ground breaking show with compelling stories and character journeys which brought in new viewers. I can't wait to see what season 2 brings," said Mina Lefevre, Executive Vice President and Head of Scripted Development at MTV.

"We're thrilled to continue the momentum established in Season 1," said Jenna Glazier, Executive Vice President, Television Series, Sonar Entertainment. "Along with the ongoing support of MTV, the entire creative team is poised to raise the bar even higher in Season 2."

Cool show!

Own THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES: SEASON ONE This December

Shannara_Chronicles_MTV_blu_ray.jpg

If you're a fan of shows like Hercules: The Legendary Journey and Xena: Warrior Princess, then you definitely want to pick up the first season of MTV's The Shannara Chronicles, executive produced by Jon Favreau. The series was a surprise hit for MTV, thanks to the dynamic chemistry between series leads Austin Butler, Poppy Drayton, Manu Bennett and Ivana Baquero. They manage to elevate basic fantasy troupes into absorbing drama thanks to a precision-cut storyline that doesn't waste time moving the story along.

Also, with the show largely based on the second entry in the The Original Shannara Trilogy, there will be plenty of moments and settings that those who have read the entire saga will recognize and appreciate.

aiTV3wb.png

‘The Shannara Chronicles’: Production on Season 2 Now Underway with New Cast Members

MTV reports thatThe Shannara Chronicles is back in action as the fantasy series has officially started production on Season 2 in New Zealand. Returning cast members include Austin Butler as Wil, Ivana Baquero as Eretria, Manu Bennet as Allanon, Aaron Jakubenko as Ander, and Marcus Vanco as Bandon. Some new cast members are now along for the magical adventure on the network.

Malese Jow (The Flash) will play Mareth, a young woman who saves Wil from an attack and “who’s both volatile and unpredictable — and possesses magical abilities. Sharp, brash and independent to a fault, Mareth gets what she wants on her own terms (and by any means necessary).”

Here’s a look at the official synopsis for Season 2:

A year after the events of last season, The Four Lands is in chaos. The re-emergence of magic has the populace terrified, and an organization called The Crimson is hunting down magic users, using fear and intimidation to sow discord among the races. Wil, scarred by the loss of Amberle and his separation from Eretria, has turned his back on his magical destiny to become a healer. But when a mysterious woman named Mareth saves Wil from a Crimson attack, he is forced to rejoin the fight. After reuniting with Eretria, Wil and Mareth seek out Allanon, only to learn that the Druid’s former protégé, Bandon, is on a mission to resurrect a creature of darkest evil: The Warlock Lord. Together, our heroes must band together to take down The Crimson and prevent Bandon from unleashing an even greater threat upon the Four Lands, before it’s too late.