• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

My virtually complete run of Triumph Comics 1941-1946 including the Nelvana One-Shot and her last appearance in Super Duper Comics # 3 in May 1946 :cloud9:

IMG_4566_zpsj4biephd.jpg

Edited by eccomic

On 1/29/2017 at 11:19 AM, Sqeggs said:

eccomic said:

My virtually complete run of Triumph Comics 1941-1946 including the Nelvana One-Shot and her last appearance in Super Duper Comics # 3 in May 1946 :cloud9:

IMG_4566_zpsj4biephd.jpg

Super cool!

Amazing set!  ?

I don't have many Canadian comics but this is a cool one. I keep losing this book. Do I file it under Horror? Crime? or GA? That combined as I always think of it as a Chessler title. But I found it again and here it is. Cool, oversize Canada/Great Britian issue. Has color comics and photos of old movie stars. I read once that this might be the rarest Chessler. What do you think?

You're welcome Jimmers!

comluckycoyne_zpsoxyi8n48.jpg

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I don't have many Canadian comics but this is a cool one. I keep losing this book. Do I file it under Horror? Crime? or GA? That combined as I always think of it as a Chessler title. But I found it again and here it is. Cool, oversize Canada/Great Britian issue. Has color comics and photos of old movie stars. I read once that this might be the rarest Chessler. What do you think?

You're welcome Jimmers!

Super great.I've known of and wanted a copy of this for quite some time.I believe eccomics has or had a copy.

There is a Mr E story in the weekender comic O posted above.

On 2/4/2017 at 7:10 PM, porcupine48 said:

167812.jpg.fec26c7d961db3d8e81fda9f51a1b8df.jpg

It is believed that the distribution of Canadian printed comics in the United States was restricted and sales might be limited in a few American cities in the northeast or cities close to the Canadian border. Here is a picture that indicates that some Canadian comics might have been more widely distributed in the US. This is a picture of an injured sailor at a newsstand in the Naval Hospital Beaufort in Port Royal, South Carolina. Based on the issue of Tip Top 185 (Peanuts) seen on the rack, I date this picture to be from February 1954. What other comics can you identify?

naval%20hosp%20beaufort%20sc%2054_zpsxqk

Zooming to the heel of the cast, you can see an issue of G.I. War Brides.
GI%20WB1_zpsbv6og6zp.jpg

That book is a Canadian only title published by Superior Publishers Limited. Based on the white logo and the date of the picture, I believe this is G.I. War Brides #1 which is the same issue porcupine48 posted. The letters ANC under the 10 cent price stands for American News Company which is a magazine, newspaper, book and comic distribution company based in New Jersey and New York. This could explain the appearance of the Canadian comic here.

On 2017-03-12 at 1:25 PM, Robot Man said:

You're welcome Jimmers!

There is a copy of this book on Heritage right now along with some other Canadian books

On 3/16/2017 at 7:33 PM, Nanook said:

There is a copy of this book on Heritage right now along with some other Canadian books

I'm terrible at internetting and can't find the listing..any help,please?