Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#9790035 - 02/04/17 06:27 PM Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast?
james1miller Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: New York
Walking Dead is huge so he's busy as hell. He's involved with Thief Of Thieves and writes Outcast. Invincible is supposedly ending. So I guess we won't be seeing any other comics or if we do it will be a long time.

Anyone know if he has any other comics planned?

#9790057 - 02/04/17 06:44 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: james1miller]
SquareChaos Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

It's a good question. I don't care for Outcast. Walking Dead isn't my cup of tea either though I recognize the appeal there.

I'm still annoyed by Kirkman's decision to kill Invincible while continuing what I believe to be a derivative and pretty weak book in Outcast.

It could be entirely likely that he's turning away from the medium similar to how Gaiman did. Gaiman primarily views himself as a story teller, not a comic book writer. Perhaps Kirkman does too, I haven't read a great deal of his interviews. But it's clear that story tellers want their work to reach the widest possible audience. Comics remain a poor medium for that, but they are a great medium as an idea and story testing ground, so maybe what we'll see is a string of creations from him for the purposes of a testing ground in an attempt to attract a movie or television license in a very Millar sort of way.

#9790113 - 02/04/17 07:45 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: SquareChaos]
mccollect Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: NY
When is he ending his run on Invincible?

Edited by mccollect (02/04/17 07:45 PM)

#9790115 - 02/04/17 07:47 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: mccollect]
SquareChaos Offline

With issue #144 I believe. And the news is not that he's done with it, but that it'll end forever.
#9790226 - 02/04/17 09:33 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: SquareChaos]
The Authority Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Carrier...."door"
I liked TWD and Invincible equally early on but TWD got better into the #100+ issues while Invincible peaked for me in the late #60s to late #70s or somewhere thereabout. Outcast is a good book but I can see where it wouldn't be for everyone. Still considerably better imo than anything else hes done other than his big two. 2c
B.E.K.
Briggs Land
Black Hammer
Spread
Jupiter's Legacy
Southern Bastards
Monstress
Low

#9790232 - 02/04/17 09:37 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: The Authority]
SquareChaos Offline

I agree that it seemed like the writing got weak after the V War - that was the absolute peak of the series. He should have let some other writer come in at that time. Recharge his batteries, or maybe never come back if he didn't have it... But like I said, it's his baby, so my opinion doesn't matter unfortunately.
#9790239 - 02/04/17 09:40 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: SquareChaos]
The Authority Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I always value your opinion...even when we disagree. You're a thinker. \(thumbs u
B.E.K.
Briggs Land
Black Hammer
Spread
Jupiter's Legacy
Southern Bastards
Monstress
Low

#9790247 - 02/04/17 09:45 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: The Authority]
SquareChaos Offline

Originally Posted By: The Authority
I always value your opinion...even when we disagree. You're a thinker. \(thumbs u

You're the guy in the thread that rightfully pointed out the series peak \(worship\)

Mostly I'll just be sad to see the end of the only cape comic out there that wasn't afraid.

#9790256 - 02/04/17 09:49 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: SquareChaos]
The Authority Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: SquareChaos
 Originally Posted By: The Authority

You're the guy in the thread that rightfully pointed out the series peak \(worship\)

Mostly I'll just be sad to see the end of the only cape comic out there that wasn't afraid.

I agree, its a bummer. Hopefully there will be something similar in the future. Black Hammer fills a spot there but as much as I love it, it just isn't going to approach Invincible on a monthly basis. That series was about as good as it gets in the cape section for the last 15 plus years imo.
B.E.K.
Briggs Land
Black Hammer
Spread
Jupiter's Legacy
Southern Bastards
Monstress
Low

#9790265 - 02/04/17 09:54 PM Re: Will Kirkman write anymore comics besides Walking Dead and Outcast? [Re: The Authority]
SquareChaos Offline

Yeah, Black Hammer is great in a very different way. I'm really enjoying it as well, but as much as I admire Lemire, he isn't the guy to do a long run. He's a beginning, middle, and end type of writer so you know there's no issue 100 of Black Hammer. Hell, there's no 50!

Anyway, as to the original question around Kirkman... we don't even know what Ottley is doing yet and that is probably easier to determine what with him not being filthy rich and actually having to work lol

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Gemma, Harshen, cgcmod3-migration, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2-migration, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
Comics Marketplace
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles 125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum