• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 7 double cover water stain

13 posts in this topic

OK I was thinking about getting this graded but then you can't see the better cover. The water stain goes through the book but stays out of the panels and the pages are not stuck together at all. I wonder if it might get a qualified grade because without the water stain the inside cover is stunningly white. Just wanting to get some other folks opinions.Interior page color is white. Thanks IMG_0748_zps1vkfw0lo.jpgIMG_0745_zps8jnsul3e.jpgIMG_0746_zpsk6j6inhf.jpgIMG_0747_zpscycg4qlp.jpg

The overall grade will be based on the inside cover and interior, the outside cover grade will be listed separately in the description, I don't see it getting a qualified grade, but given little other damage to the book, it could wind up a 4.0

As rjpb noted, I don't think this would come back qualified due to the water stain.

You're right, that interior cover is very nice. But both covers are nice, the corners are decent, there is not too much wear on the spine, no obvious tears. The stain is unfortunate, so I would grade this as a 5.0 (VG / F).

Some are opposed to pressing but if you are open to it, I would suggest a press might help this book considerably.

On 2/4/2017 at 4:11 PM, DWL said:

As rjpb noted, I don't think this would come back qualified due to the water stain.

You're right, that interior cover is very nice. But both covers are nice, the corners are decent, there is not too much wear on the spine, no obvious tears. The stain is unfortunate, so I would grade this as a 5.0 (VG / F).

Some are opposed to pressing but if you are open to it, I would suggest a press might help this book considerably.

would a press potentially darken the stain?

On 2017-02-14 at 0:47 PM, the blob said:

would a press potentially darken the stain?

Hum, not sure.  That is a good question.  I don't press books but would be interested from those who do have expertise on this as to whether a press could cause the stain to worsen.   The reason for suggesting a press was the vertical crease along the spine of the front cover.  A press would likely make that go away.