• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Human Fly Ad -- Please Help Identify
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Can anyone help me identify where this Human Fly ad appeared? I'm trying to locate the exact issue. (I tried the Grand Comics Database, but no luck.)

Human_Fly_House_Ad.jpg

Based on the creative team, I'm thinking this would have been somewhere around late 1978 to early 1979. Someone had sent me the scan years ago, but unfortunately I lost their contact details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted

Bob Lubbers drew the covers to #13 (Sept 1978) through #16 (Dec 1978) and the interior of #16 and #17 (Jan 79) which is why I suspect it's from that time period.

Of course those ads are sometimes inaccurate -- such as the Dr. Strange ad showing Frank Miller taking over the book.

Man, you won't believe me but I was looking for this page for three years at least ! With the help of a very nice people on facebook's 'Old Guys Who Like Old Comics' ( I won't put their names here because I didn't ask their authorization ... ) I was informed me that this page was on Captain Marvel v1 #59 1978 Nov in page 19. I knew the issue and was looking for the page, you knew the page but didn't know in which mag it was ... Thanks to the good people of this awesome group we are now knowing a bit more today than yesterday ! Long Life and Prosper !

Edited by Charlie_X