• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$20,000 Steranko/Buckler and Kirby/Royer art from Australia
1 1

29 posts in this topic

A friend of mine was offered this art from a fella in Australia going by name of Ardath Bey.

He was told the Steranko/Buckler art was valued at $20,000.

Thing is I knew id seen the Steranko Cap piece before, and sure enough its in the collection of Jim Warden.

Is this the work of Richard Rae ?

Whats the chance of this being legit ?

heres the art being offered, and the art from Jim's collection

8cNFdmT.jpg

pcQ9Zt4.jpg

VYdoA6S.jpg

A friend of mine was offered this art from a fella in Australia going by name of Ardath Bey.

He was told the Steranko/Buckler art was valued at $20,000.

Thing is I knew id seen the Steranko Cap piece before, and sure enough its in the collection of Jim Warden.

Is this the work of Richard Rae ?

Whats the chance of this being legit ?

heres the art being offered, and the art from Jim's collection

8cNFdmT.jpg

pcQ9Zt4.jpg

VYdoA6S.jpg

The Re-Animated Corpse of Richard Rae Strikes Again!!!!!!!!

This is Richard Rae. Of that, I'm in no doubt. :mad:

Well to be fair, technically this is the zombie version of Richard as I believe he claimed he died several years ago.

How about, "This is the late Richard Rae, R.I.P."?

This is Richard Rae. Of that, I'm in no doubt. :mad:

Well to be fair, technically this is the zombie version of Richard as I believe he claimed he died several years ago.

How about, "This is the late Richard Rae, R.I.P."?

Here's where he "died" in 2012.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5903264#Post5903264

I guess...

giphy.gif

:-) We started talking via a comic art based forum on Facebook. Once he reveled to me his name I ended our conversations.

Did you, or anyone else on this FB group, flag-up Rae's OA scams to warn off potential victims? It's the first thing I would have done (and have done in the past).

To be fair, I didnt think it was my place. He wasnt trying to scam me at the time. I only felt comfortable making that decision for me, I WASNT going to engage with him but do I personally have the right only knowing stories 2nd and 3rd hand? I struggled with it, trust me. But in the end, I felt it was right that I just let it be. I hate drama, I hate call outs in general. I personally had no stake in the past proceedings so ethically I felt it wasnt my place to say "Hey this guy is bad news, people avoid him." I feel that way after hearing the stories and based on the fact I somewhat know the people making the claims, but does that mean I can make those same claims and issue those same warnings?

It might be right, it might be wrong, but that was my thinking....wow long post.