• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new cgc case question

29 posts in this topic

Newton rings don't bother me that much, but the new cases are fragile as heck. Iv'e had a lot of slabs mailed to me show up cracked or fractured. Their reholdering program must be booming.

I thought they were supposed to be stronger?

Iv'e gotten 5 packages in the past couple weeks, 3 broken slabs. Maybe I just have bad luck. The old ones were never that bad for me.

Newton rings don't bother me that much, but the new cases are fragile as heck. Iv'e had a lot of slabs mailed to me show up cracked or fractured. Their reholdering program must be booming.

I thought they were supposed to be stronger?

Iv'e gotten 5 packages in the past couple weeks, 3 broken slabs. Maybe I just have bad luck. The old ones were never that bad for me.

I'm hoping your situation is an anomaly. Or there's somebody at your local post office who sits on the packages during break.

I like he new cases, but I hate how they cause comic to get wavy or possibly ruin. I kinda wish it would seal all the way around the comic, I mean the hard casing of it all be sealed all the way around.

I think you are referring to the old new cases, not the new new cases. The wavy issue has been resolved.

I just got another large batch of books back and Newton rings on almost every one to the point you can't see parts of the cover. Is no one else really having these issues? :ohnoez:

I sent in a comic to be reholdered because of the Newton rings. CGC reholdered it for free. I got it back and the newly slabbed comic also has Newton rings, but they are much lighter and less noticeable. Only when I tilt the case at an angle are they visible. Looking at the case straight on, or at a lesser angle, they are not visible. I consider this an acceptable improvement.

I could take photos for side-by-side comparison if anyone is curious.