• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return of Wolvie?

57 posts in this topic

So Wolverines been gone for about 2 years now, and I've been having fun in my off time (waiting in lines, traffic, and pretending to listen to co-workers talk to me.) thinking up all the different ways Wolverine could return.So since i'm bored and the modern thread isn't helping, i'm hoping we can come up with some cool ideas!

So, lets look at facts. In Death of Wolverine, he is covered in molten adamantium which hardens around him. he has no healing factor (at the time of this) and the adamantium itself is poisoning him. So, Personally i think it's safe to say that however they do it, it will involve either clones, or time travel because that Logan is D.E.A.D..

I'm not sure if there is another Logan floating around from all of the time travel stuff that happened with the X-Men (Age of Ultron, All NewX-Men, the young ones i mean)

So my guesses are that Department K or whatever letter it is now, had taken wolverine and have him iced, winter soldier style, AND did successfully clone him (mostly) like they were trying to do with X-23. IF the dead Wolvie is a clone, it would be easy for them to say his healing factor failed because he was not complete or some cr@p, and would have died from adamantium killing him anyway unless they recovered him. I also think that this would give X-23 a chance to discover Logan (the real one) and free him again creating a symmetry or mirroring of events from when he found her. full disclosure I've only seen how he finds her from the Wolverine and the x-men cartoon and i'm not really sure how it actually happens.

I also think that this would/could possibly be used as a catalyst for the return of a more modern Alpha Flight or some version of that.

That's what I got. That's how I would do it. I mean, aside from not killing him in the first place.

your turn.

Or exposure to Adamantium in his blood/grafted to his bones for so long coupled with his healing factor changed something in his DNA based on his mutant genes. So, when he is covered in the Admantium, it slowly begins to seep into his system through his skin and getting into his blood. This begins to actually strengthen him and return his healing factor. He somehow survived w/o food or water (?) for a period of time. Somehow he emerges from the Adamantium block stronger than before and more rejuvenated due to the change in his blood.

I really have NO idea what I'm talking about. I didn't read how he died, how he lost his healing factor, etc. I'm just spitballing ideas (however dumb they are).

How about it WAS Wolverine but the molten adamantium that is poisoning him triggers some mutation and his bones and skin absorb it until he is a Wolverine JUGGERNAUT and walks like the Hulk leaving earthquakes and foot prints everywhere he goes because he is so heavy.....and thusly goes on another journey to have someone extract a certain amount of the adamantium to how he was before but debates removing it all, but comes to terms that people will hunt him to disrupt any attempt of a peaceful existence for the rest of his life-----and becomes the normal amount of Wolverine/adamantium that we all know and love----Wolverine the best there is :) ?

Or exposure to Adamantium in his blood/grafted to his bones for so long coupled with his healing factor changed something in his DNA based on his mutant genes. So, when he is covered in the Admantium, it slowly begins to seep into his system through his skin and getting into his blood. This begins to actually strengthen him and return his healing factor. He somehow survived w/o food or water (?) for a period of time. Somehow he emerges from the Adamantium block stronger than before and more rejuvenated due to the change in his blood.

I really have NO idea what I'm talking about. I didn't read how he died, how he lost his healing factor, etc. I'm just spitballing ideas (however dumb they are).

MAAAAN !!! You typed it faster than I did!!!! haahaha

You MUST work for Mavel!!!

X-men Resurrection is most likely when he'll return. I read a interview somewhere a few months about how all these legacy characters that have been holding the mantle will lead to the originals coming back i.e Original Thor becomes worthy again, Tony Stark takes over Iron Man and Wolverine etc. Seems the most likely route there are taking.

Has there been any issue # where a charachter came back from the dead that was worth anything?? I remember Superman taking forever to get to the point that I kept buying issues thinking, "it'll be this issue, man, it's gotta be"

Has there been any issue # where a charachter came back from the dead that was worth anything?? I remember Superman taking forever to get to the point that I kept buying issues thinking, "it'll be this issue, man, it's gotta be"

I never said I was buying this... I don't buy comics lol!

I never said I was buying this... I don't buy comics lol!

Well I bought the "death" issues, I'll by the "rebirth" issues. I know that it has been done to death, but I'll be interested in how they do it :) I could probably read it online but either way.....

It's like the great pumpkin patch I believe, I believe, I believe lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The February pre-orders have the first two issues of a new Weapon X book, and Old Man Logan is starting a time travel arc. I speculate that these two will eventually intersect with OML being the catalyst for the Weapon X program to bring back Wolverine before returning to his own time.

To over simplify it a bit, I've always seen this as a similar device to Solo in carbonite, just longer (in narrative) stretched. I only read the follow up comic with Cyclops kind of mourning, is he still out there encased in adamantium? Or has it been removed?

Edited by BishopT

Maybe he's coated in generic adamantium that didn't really hold up as well as original adamantium. Times were tough and it was a little cheaper....got 3 out of 5 stars on google shop so didn't seem like a bad way to go at the time.

For F@k sakes, I knew it. Always comes down to money. Budget budget budget. Ugh.