• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OH the pain....

20 posts in this topic

Hi all,

New here. Came to rant about a big blow to my collection today. Had the day off and decided that some books needed to be re bagged, one of which was my 8.5 Invincible Iron Man #1, so I enlisted the fiancée to help me out and while the poor thing was pulling Iron Man out, by the cover I might add, a one inch rip happened at the top.

Needless to say I was almost in tears (maybe I was you'll never know).

The only bright spot is that she felt so bad that I am now alowed to buy a 9.0!

THERE REALLY IS A GOD :angel:

Thanks for listening,

And for all those taking notes out there I would advise another route as watching it rip was heart stopping to say the least.

JF

New here. Came to rant about a big blow to my collection today. Had the day off and decided that some books needed to be re bagged, one of which was my 8.5 Invincible Iron Man #1, so I enlisted the fiancée to help me out and while the poor thing was pulling Iron Man out, by the cover I might add, a one inch rip happened at the top.

Needless to say I was almost in tears (maybe I was you'll never know).

The only bright spot is that she felt so bad that I am now alowed to buy a 9.0!

THERE REALLY IS A GOD :angel:

Myself I think you should hold out for a 9.4.

:makepoint:

I had my one and only tape damage to a book as a kid. Was taking an EC out of the bag, was too lazy to remove tape from bag and, BAM! tape got caught on cover pulling color off.

Learned my mistake. Tape comes completely off bag before comic is removed. least you got a cool Gal that will let you upgrade.

I gotta pretty great wife when it comes to collecting. I actually think she might not be ok in the head.

Thank you all for the welcomes.

Yes, handling practises shall change! In all honesty I ended up feeling bad for her because she felt so bad. It really could have been worse it could have been one of my Spideys or heaven forbid Silver Surfer. This has been going through my mind all day...what COULD have been.

I should have had it CGC'd!

I have been looking on Ebay already for a replacement and the 135$ I paid for this copy I'm sad to say will never happen again! I'll just have to wait for the right one.

just a rip or did a piece come off? heck i would still get it graded if its just a rip !!

Well I am getting it graded now that I will be selling it. I was going to upgrade at some point, but I had bigger fish to fry. I have three copies CGC'd but they are all in the four to six range and are going to be sold.

Now the hunt begins since there is a hole in my collection.

First rule of comic club is nobody touches the high end comics but you : )

(thumbs u Or medium or low end comic or any other collectible for that matter. People not familiar with what they're holding tend to lack respect and care for said items 2c

She is still allowed to touch as long as she is careful. The more of a connection she has with them the more I can buy....I hope.

Dinna learn yer lesson the first time laddie? :makepoint:

Edited by pemart1966

It's been a tough month for this book see my post about the framing lady cracking open my 9.2 when it was left with her. I feel your pain but in my case insurance is fixing it up.

I read that...what a blow! I feel like one of my children caught mauled by a dog or something.

At this rate there will be no more Iron Man #1s left out there. Better start buying them up fellas...but please wait until I have replaced mine before driving the prices up :cool: