• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone ever seen a National Diamond Sales insert in a DC comic book?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

I have more than 600 DC comic books with Mark Jewelers inserts, but never have I seen a DC comic book with a National Diamond Sales (NDS) insert. So can anyone produce evidence of an NDS insert appearing in a DC comic book??

I have seen a Military Diamond Sales ad (but not insert) in DC comics (example is Action 555 and most other issues dated May 1984)

I have more than 600 DC comic books with Mark Jewelers inserts, but never have I seen a DC comic book with a National Diamond Sales (NDS) insert. So can anyone produce evidence of an NDS insert appearing in a DC comic book??

I have seen a Military Diamond Sales ad (but not insert) in DC comics (example is Action 555 and most other issues dated May 1984)

Weren't the NDS inserts earlier in time? Maybe DC only came in on the second wave. hm

Google is your friend: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=115926#Post115926 :grin:

NDScfweb.jpg

From our resident expert on the topic: awe4one

I just typed "National Diamond" into the search engine on Mycomicshop and only Marvel and Archie Comics showed up. If they've never seen a DC comic book with an NDS insert, then it is pretty likely that those NDS inserts were never placed in DC comic books.

On 2/1/2017 at 4:22 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

I have a Brave and Bold #92 with a National Diamond Sales ad. Its the only one I have seen.

so you see i posted the photo and i have a hard time putting a price on this book. It was Steve from Torpedo comics that told me for every 5 mark jewelers there is 1 NDS. i have not seen or heard of any other DC having this.so as far as i can tell i have the only one.

On 2/5/2023 at 6:38 AM, K&A said:

so you see i posted the photo and i have a hard time putting a price on this book. It was Steve from Torpedo comics that told me for every 5 mark jewelers there is 1 NDS. i have not seen or heard of any other DC having this.so as far as i can tell i have the only one.

Thanks for posting that image.  I believe all issues of B&B 92 contain that NDS ad.  I also have some other DC comics with the same ad in them.  I'm looking to see if anyone can produce a copy of a DC comic book with the thicker 4-page NDS ads in the centerfold.   I don't believe there any DC comic books were ever produced with the 4-page insert.  If someone has an example, I would love to see it.

On 2/5/2023 at 7:09 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

Thanks for posting that image.  I believe all issues of B&B 92 contain that NDS ad.  I also have some other DC comics with the same ad in them.  I'm looking to see if anyone can produce a copy of a DC comic book with the thicker 4-page NDS ads in the centerfold.   I don't believe there any DC comic books were ever produced with the 4-page insert.  If someone has an example, I would love to see it.

okay I see what youre saying. this sis my second copy i've had my first didnt have the ad

On 2/5/2023 at 4:27 PM, K&A said:

okay I see what youre saying. this sis my second copy i've had my first didnt have the ad

• No worries... I really appreciate your interest in this topic and for pointing out that ad.   I forgot that I've seen several copies of this ad in DC comics.  A friend of mine also thought he saw an NDS ad in a DC comic book.   Thanks to you, I now believe he was seeing the same ad that you pointed out.   I will be very surprised if we ever seen a NDS insert in a DC comic book like the one that @kimik showed in the posting above.  If we did, my very first thought would be that it was a doctored up version where someone removed the insert from a Marvel comic book and carefully inserted it into a DC comic book.

On 2/6/2023 at 8:44 AM, Cpt Kirk said:
  • No worries... I really appreciate your interest in this topic and for pointing out that ad.   I forgot that I've seen several copies of this ad in DC comics.  A friend of mine also thought he saw an NDS ad in a DC comic book.   Thanks to you, I now believe he was seeing the same ad that you pointed out.   I will be very surprised if we ever seen a NDS insert in a DC comic book like the one that @kimik showed in the posting above.  If we did, my very first thought would be that it was a doctored up version where someone removed the insert from a Marvel comic book and carefully inserted it into a DC comic book.

I agree, I have never seen an actual insert in the DC books, also i cant find anything relating to the NDS in DC that I have anywhere online.

On 2/9/2023 at 6:34 AM, K&A said:

I agree, I have never seen an actual insert in the DC books, also i cant find anything relating to the NDS in DC that I have anywhere online.

Me neither. DC were a prolific publisher, so if NDS copies were legitimately produced, even in small quantities, there would be collectors of them and multiple references online. Discerning sellers would note their presence. This is what comic collectors do. So if a copy were to be found, it would either be a post-production construct on ebay (listed for a million Earth dollars, probably) or one of those rare 'wrong paper in the collator' type of printing mishaps. 

On 2/9/2023 at 12:02 PM, ganni said:

???

Screenshot_20230209-195557.thumb.png.24d1877ae9f42cc165e0f5cd65cce188.png

https://www.dalerobertscomics.com/itm/4253/adventure-comics-430-national-diamond-insert-nm--9.2

@Dale Roberts Dale, is that you? Can you double check for us please, that this copy has the NDS insert? We think they're not supposed to be in DC's :wishluck:

Capture.thumb.PNG.4f3b66eaa45e3ec181d0e915ebf21005.PNG

Edited by Get Marwood & I
I'm changing the seasons, and I'm putting my demons, putting my demons to bed.

On 2/9/2023 at 12:11 PM, ganni said:

Not a clue Marwood... But i do have to sign out.  Need to close my eyes and sleep. Nite CGC ! :cloud9:

Good spot, Gan.

I looked for him, I did find him, and I tagged him.