• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 + April 21-23 2017, It's Never Too Early or to late
4 4

207 posts in this topic

Wasn't this in March last year?

Yes, but C2E2 has been in April most years I think. A lot of cons move here and there a month or up or back depending on the year... the reasons why are way above me.

Generally it'll be driven by availability of the venue.

And probably also price. Chicago in April is a relatively safer bet for half-decent weather than March, and thus more attractive to out-of-towners. Price may fluctuate accordingly.

Good point, the April date is a safer investment. But if there wasn't a vacancy they don't get a choice.

Wasn't this in March last year?

Yes, but C2E2 has been in April most years I think. A lot of cons move here and there a month or up or back depending on the year... the reasons why are way above me.

Generally it'll be driven by availability of the venue.

And probably also price. Chicago in April is a relatively safer bet for half-decent weather than March, and thus more attractive to out-of-towners. Price may fluctuate accordingly.

Good point, the April date is a safer investment. But if there wasn't a vacancy they don't get a choice.

True dat!

Looks like I'll be there with the fiancé! It's my birthday weekend too, so just all the more reason to make the 5 hour drive for a couple dayss of fun.

I'm in the same boat but may be driving over with my wife. Chicago to Cleveland is just far enough for me to have to make it a 3 day trip to make it worthwhile. Plenty to do in Chicago for 3 days!

Looks like I'll be there with the fiancé! It's my birthday weekend too, so just all the more reason to make the 5 hour drive for a couple dayss of fun.

I'm in the same boat but may be driving over with my wife. Chicago to Cleveland is just far enough for me to have to make it a 3 day trip to make it worthwhile. Plenty to do in Chicago for 3 days!

And though some dislike the location as compared to WW, definitely more to do outside of the show downtown compared to Rosemont.

Looking for two dealer badges and I'm a lot cooler then 1p36DSA.  Even without dealer badges - I'll be there for the 3 days - booked and ready to go.

On 1/26/2017 at 10:57 PM, mschmidt said:

Looking forward to this show - and onsite grading!

You are forewarned.  I may be attending.