• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers
1 1

71 posts in this topic

There's a GA sci-fi cover thread. But if you want a thread specific to Buck and Flash, or just early sci-fi in general, I'm sure there would be a lot of interest. I have a lot of early sci-fi pulps myself, and theagenes has lots of early Flash Gordon and John Carter books.

I dont know what theagenes is sorry.

He's a who; a fellow Boardie with extra pulp.

As to Buck and Flash, Yay! I've since sold my GA ( 4 color 10 and Buck Rogers 1), but they're fun to see! Bring 'em, Board!

Sorry, I should have been more specific. lol

Here's the 1st sci-fi magazine/pulp to get things started. Published by Hugo Gernsback. Cover by Frank R. Paul, but it's a rough draft that for some reason they published, which is why this cover is less detailed than his others.

Amazing Stories #1, April 1926

4XU4748h.jpg

Sorry, I should have been more specific. lol

Here's the 1st sci-fi magazine/pulp to get things started. Published by Hugo Gernsback. Cover by Frank R. Paul, but it's a rough draft that for some reason they published, which is why this cover is less detailed than his others.

Amazing Stories #1, April 1926

4XU4748h.jpg

The cover was indeed a draft submitted by Paul to Gernsback who used it for a promotional flyer (I have a copy) advertising the new magazine. Apparently Hugo was anxious to publish the first issue, and the rest is history.

Great book Todd, I'm still on the hunt for the right copy...