Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#9784695 - 02/01/17 03:03 PM Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what?
the_Thing Offline

I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: TJ's nightmare
I don't know, just seems a way to try and jack up a coins value over its grade. \(shrug\)

Ya'll can go to hell, I'm going to Texas.
-David Crockett

#9784754 - 02/01/17 03:45 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: the_Thing ]
orifdoc Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.
#9784762 - 02/01/17 03:48 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: orifdoc]
the_Thing Offline

I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: TJ's nightmare
not at all. I said "or what".

Ya'll can go to hell, I'm going to Texas.
-David Crockett

#9784806 - 02/01/17 04:20 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: orifdoc]
Mr.Mcknowitall Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: orifdoc
Sounds like you've already made up your mind.

No, he hasn't. He is just a very straightforward straight talking fellow that does not mince words. He is becoming more involved with coins, and has stepped up his participation in the coin forums. That is a good thing. He is a face value fellow.

He is a very quick study.

I have never known him to sound like anything but himself, and that is consistent.

Don't put it past him to come up with a drone coin delivery system that would solve a lot, and/or drone coin review system for buyers/sellers.

I think I know more about Native Americans than he does. Wishful thinking on my part. I think I can probably take better pictures of the night sky than he does. Wishful thinking on my part. I think I can irritate others more than he does. That is probably true (by a whisker).

#9784810 - 02/01/17 04:24 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: the_Thing ]
James_OldeTowne Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: St. Louis, MO
 Originally Posted By: the_Thing
I don't know, just seems a way to try and jack up a coins value over its grade. \(shrug\)

I have never priced a coin based on the presence of a CAC sticker (or lack thereof). Many coins that do not have stickers are overpriced, too, right?

My posts express my PERSONAL opinions ONLY. Please respect my right to Freedom of Speech as I respect yours.

#9784816 - 02/01/17 04:31 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: James_OldeTowne]
Mr.Mcknowitall Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

SCOTUSCOIN
#9784920 - 02/01/17 05:31 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: the_Thing ]
WoodenJefferson Offline

I have nothing to add or subtract, I am merely here.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Fibonacci φ spiral
Pros & cons on this subject, if your buying, they are priced too high, if your selling, the price is just about right.

To bean or not to bean, that is the question?

#9784926 - 02/01/17 05:34 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: Mr.Mcknowitall]
Hack Offline
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

I have found CAC very useful in my education on collecting quality coins. It is important to know what coins would sticker and what coins would not sticker when buying coins.

Over the past couple of years, I have learned a lot about grading coins by reading comments from Mark Feld on this forum. I have also learned a lot about buying coins that are high end of the grade by submitting coins to CAC for the sticker.

The typical coin with the CAC sticker will add 10% to 15% in value and a few coins will sell for about 30% more than the same grade. The CAC sticker also adds liquidity when selling the coin.

CAC is not perfect as there are coins with the CAC stickers that are not high end of the grade. Buy the coin not the slab or sticker.

#9785170 - 02/01/17 06:56 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: the_Thing ]
MarkFeld Offline
Dealer
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Texas

Or what.

CAC offers a highly expert opinion at a very modest price. Please note, I used the word "opinion". CAC is not always consistent and often, others disagree with their opinions. Some of those who disagree are highly expert and many of those who disagree are highly non-expert.

Some coins are worth submitting to CAC and others aren't.

Some coins bring more money with CAC stickers - sometimes much more. Other coins barely benefit from CAC stickers.

Many coins are more liquid with CAC stickers, even if they don't bring noticeably more money.

Dealers can benefit from CAC, and so can collectors. And both groups can be hurt by it if they pay too much for CAC coins or their non CAC coins bring less than they would in a CAC-less world.

Edited to add: Thank you, Hack.

Edited by MarkFeld (02/01/17 06:57 PM)

Unless otherwise stated, the opinions I express here are my own.

#9785178 - 02/01/17 06:58 PM Re: Is this "CAC" thing a load of *spoon* or what? [Re: MarkFeld]
Mr.Mcknowitall Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: MarkFeld

Or what.

CAC offers a highly expert opinion at a very modest price. Please note, I used the word "opinion". CAC is not always consistent and often, others disagree with their opinions. Some of those who disagree are highly expert and many of those who disagree are highly non-expert.

Some coins are worth submitting to CAC and others aren't.

Some coins bring more money with CAC stickers - sometimes much more. Other coins barely benefit from CAC stickers.

Many coins are more liquid with CAC stickers, even if they don't bring noticeably more money.

Dealers can benefit from CAC, and so can collectors. And both groups can be hurt by it if they pay too much for CAC coins or their non CAC coins bring less than they would in a CAC-less world.

Edited to add: Thank you, Hack.

Logic

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Keith Zaner, ccgmod1, jrich, cgcmod8, ccgmod2-migration 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
Comics Marketplace
Advertisements

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.