• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barry Windsor Smith
2 2

70 posts in this topic

No, he does not. He will not allow his signature to be certified, and he gets ticked when he sees his books sold. He is about to get pretty ticked. :shy:

Share the link when you post!

I might be interested :think:

(without even knowing what it is!)

35ml1di.jpg

From my copy of X-Men #205. Met BWS at Fan Expo Toronto in 2000. I also got him to sign Opus, which if you haven't read. well, it's something. The artwork is stunning - gorgeous - but his life story...takes some odd turns.

Would love to get a SS book. One of my first posts here iirc was asking if anybody ever did Sig Ops with Barry. (I believe it was seanfingh who answered mine too, informing me that it happened once and never again!)

Edited by roach04

35ml1di.jpg

From my copy of X-Men #205. Met BWS at Fan Expo Toronto in 2000. I also got him to sign Opus, which if you haven't read. well, it's something. The artwork is stunning - gorgeous - but his life story...takes some odd turns.

Would love to get a SS book. One of my first posts here iirc was asking if anybody ever did Sig Ops with Barry. (I believe it was seanfingh who answered mine too, informing me that it happened once and never again!)

Awesome sig! Wish I could add that to a couple books in my collection :cry:

Last time BWS did any work in comics - has to be those few covers he did for Marvel (I recall an awesome Thor), but that was...God...15 years ago?

When was the last time BWS attended a convention? Anybody know? (Has anyone seen or spoken to him...he's ok, right?)

Edited by roach04

There's a full SS 9.8 run of MCP 72-84 on the registry, all signed by BWS. Makes me jealous every time...

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. I only have one issue from the run SS'd by him. A full set must make for a great display.

So funny!

I have been looking for a BWS signed book for YEARS.

Found my holy grail. The book that got me started on him...

MCP 74

Hope it's a real one...?

s_l1600w.jpg

s_l1600x.jpg

s_l1600z.jpg

Edited by D2