• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just read the 1st 8 issues of All-Star Batman & Robin....

7 posts in this topic

The series by Miller and Lee.....now I don't really read too many comics nowadays....but I thought I would give this a look. The artwork was great. Lots of splashes and action. No issues there at all.

The variant covers by Miller..... :sick:

The writing....wow. Just God-awful. I know this is probably no surprise to folks here but Jesus...what the hell happened to FM? What drivel. Aside from a few bits of dialog, it was almost unreadable. doh!

Oh don't get me started on poor Frank.

I think he just needs the money, maybe he is going through hard times, there has been much speculation about his health in recent years in both General and elsewhere. I respect the man's work immensely, but the recent stuff causes me physical pain.

The series by Miller and Lee.....now I don't really read too many comics nowadays....but I thought I would give this a look. The artwork was great. Lots of splashes and action. No issues there at all.

The variant covers by Miller..... :sick:

The writing....wow. Just God-awful. I know this is probably no surprise to folks here but Jesus...what the hell happened to FM? What drivel. Aside from a few bits of dialog, it was almost unreadable. doh!

So sorry for your loss. (Of time).

Like Dark Knight Strikes Again, I didn't like ASBAR when I first read it. It was easy to accept a dark and humorless Batman, but not a despicable one. Oddly, like DKSA, I found I liked ASBAR more with later re-readings. Miller said all 3 books (DKR, DKSA, and ASBAR) were all in the same continuity so that made it a little bit more interesting.

He should just stick with going to conventions and charging $100 for his autograph and not doing any more sketches or artwork, his recent renderings the past few year are diminishing his legacy as an artist and are pretty bad looking adolescent looking doodles.

He has a great legacy behind him, he should be proud of that and stop producing mediocre material.