• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT - CGC Chat Boards Upgrade
6 6

151 posts in this topic

The upgraded CGC Chat Boards will be located on CGCcomics.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll now be able to login with your CGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account.

Does this mean we won't have a Water Cooler in which to mix and mingle with the Coinees?

The upgraded CGC Chat Boards will be located on CGCcomics.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll now be able to login with your CGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account.

Does this mean we won't have a Water Cooler in which to mix and mingle with the Coinees?

Good question. That would be a shame.

The upgraded CGC Chat Boards will be located on CGCcomics.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll now be able to login with your CGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account. If you don't have a free (or paid) CGC Collectors Society account, you will receive an email to activate a free CGC Collectors Society account. All of your old posts and private messages will be preserved under this new account.

Unless I missed it, how will the two accounts be linked? When I log into CGCcomics.com only my real name is listed, not my board name.

The upgraded CGC Chat Boards will be located on CGCcomics.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll now be able to login with your CGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account. If you don't have a free (or paid) CGC Collectors Society account, you will receive an email to activate a free CGC Collectors Society account. All of your old posts and private messages will be preserved under this new account.

So we have to use our real names?

What about the water cooler or links to the other sections?

Will we loose access to those?

The Coinees will, unfortunately, be left in the temporary chat board after the move.

So we have to use our real names?

What about the water cooler or links to the other sections?

Will we loose access to those?

Mine shows the same name as I have here, skypinkblu :shrug:

Unless I missed it, how will the two accounts be linked? When I log into CGCcomics.com only my real name is listed, not my board name.

+1 and when is the email going to be sent?

And waitaminnit...what about our post counts? Those precious, precious post counts!

We all go back to zero. :devil:

let's do negative numbers. Whatever your post count now, you get the negative. That would be nearly -50,000 for me :banana:

Again, I say no post-count numbers. Just levels, like "Collector" until 1K, "Subscriber" until 5K, "TOTAL NEWB" after 10K posts (as an example), but no actual number. Some people tend to think it's a competition, and no one here loves newbies who mess-post all day.

Just IMHO.

-slym

Again, I say no post-count numbers. Just levels, like "Collector" until 1K, "Subscriber" until 5K, "TOTAL NEWB" after 10K posts (as an example), but no actual number. Some people tend to think it's a competition, and no one here loves newbies who mess-post all day.

Just IMHO.

-slym

:hi:

Just IMHO.

-slym

But...without post counts, how do we know who's winning?