• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy! Photocopy sells for $207

17 posts in this topic

and the seller made it clear too! (and I had asked him more details to figure out what it was and told him it was likely a photocopy)

ebay link

Malvin

hm, wonder if he'll send me a gif of it for $50

He'll describe it to you over the phone for $25.

Would this be considered illegal to sell on eBay since it is a copy of a copyright item (shrug)

If you go by the letter of the law sure, but those transparencies are copies and no one has been able to stop them. Why don't you try your approach :)

Malvin

Would this be considered illegal to sell on eBay since it is a copy of a copyright item (shrug)

If you go by the letter of the law sure, but those transparencies are copies and no one has been able to stop them. Why don't you try your approach :)

Malvin

I like many people have sent endless complaints to eBay about various illegal listings but ultimately they don't care, at least not until someone like Disney or DC file a lawsuit.

This is very interesting as I've been wondering about the so called STATS which sell on Ebay, are they considered worthless? I have read the listing and they boast about them being original copies and one of a kind, things like that, but are they real and how would you tell? I'm sorry if this is a noob question but I was just wondering as I saw a set of Kirby's Thor pages.

This is very interesting as I've been wondering about the so called STATS which sell on Ebay, are they considered worthless? I have read the listing and they boast about them being original copies and one of a kind, things like that, but are they real and how would you tell? I'm sorry if this is a noob question but I was just wondering as I saw a set of Kirby's Thor pages.

"real" stats, that are actually used in the production of a comic book are worth something, obviously only a fraction of the real art but still substantial. A few years ago, I sold a stat to Kirby's Hulk #1 (used for a UK reprint comic) for $1.5K.

Unfortunately there are now a bunch of photocopies that were never used for production out there, which of course are worthless

Malvin

Edited by malvin

You cant tell its a photocopy in the original listing, right? Its only after days of being up that he adds that fact.

If that's the case, its possible the buyers saw it first day, read description, and put in bids or at least watched it. I know I don't constantly check descriptions to see if they have been updated later in the auction. That's what happened here most likely. Expect this sale to be returned.

Action #1 cover stat went up on CAF a few days ago. Is that real? (I don't know and am not making a judgement either way, just sayin' :) )

I am very skeptical. Red Raven has purchased from Leadpinkink or whatever they are called. He didn't seem too concerned when I told him that lots of people believe they are fakes. I would be highly interested in the provenance. I would be much more inclined to believe it is a stat from a reprint produced much later. There are just too many fakes. My first inclination is to believe any stat is a fake unless proven otherwise. But that is just me.