• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charity Auction: Super Rare Herb Trimpe G.I. Joe #200 Sketch Cover

2 posts in this topic

After the holidays, I wanted to do something nice for Patricia Trimpe, Herb's widow. When Herb passed away, he was left with some super rare blank cover editions of Transformers #100 and G.I. Joe #200. Less than 100 copies exist of each. We sold the blank copies of Transformers #100 last year, but haven't sold any copies of G.I. Joe #200 to the public - until now.

For this special auction, I asked my friend, Mike Vosburg (the artist who succeeded Herb as regular artist on the G.I. Joe series in 1983) to draw some special sketch covers. The winner of this auction will get their choice of one of the following:

The first choice features Herb Trimpe himself front and center with a self-portrait of Mike Vosburg in the back. Herb is breaking up a fight between Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, welcoming Vosburg to as the regular artist on the G.I. Joe book.

The second choice features the two women that Vosburg used to love to draw the most - the Baroness and Scarlett, representing the leading ladies of Cobra and G.I. Joe. The cat in the background represents the cat fight that is about to start.

Please check out this auction and bid - it's for a good cause! And, if you're a G.I.Joe completest, you must have one of these!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332109187188?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

-Chuck Costas