• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE Books RETURNED by CopperAgeKids
3 3

118 posts in this topic

Since October 24th, CopperAgeKids has had 2 ultra rare comics of mine (Batman #457 2nd print newsstand) and is not mailing them back to me.

He was suppose to press and sub them at VA comic con on October 30th.

Since then I've gotten story after story about mailing to CGC then subbing at Winter Con then mailing back to me etc.

So far nothing, meanwhile he regularly sells and ships out plenty of books on eBay.

UPDATE: Just received a tracking number on 2/2/17

UPDATE: Books returned on 2/4/17

is he banned here?

Thank you, he responded to my text yesterday promising to finally mail it out today (for the 8th time) and then as usual nothing.

I've heard so many stories from him about how he couldn't make it to the post office meanwhile I discovered his eBay account has been busy selling and mailing (I can tell by the feedback).

One of these books recently sold for over $400 raw and he's has 2 of mine.

I live in the next state over, I'm seriously considering going to his local police department with a copy of the contract to see if they can assist me in getting my books back.

Thank you, he responded to my text yesterday promising to finally mail it out today (for the 8th time) and then as usual nothing.

I've heard so many stories from him about how he couldn't make it to the post office meanwhile I discovered his eBay account has been busy selling and mailing (I can tell by the feedback).

One of these books recently sold for over $400 raw and he's has 2 of mine.

I live in the next state over, I'm seriously considering going to his local police department with a copy of the contract to see if they can assist me in getting my books back.

seems like the most prudent course of action.

I've just been promised the books will be shipped out soon, fingers crossed.

Since he's had your books for 3 months, and is evidently able to ship other items with no problem, I would proceed in the following way: First, I would send him a text and tell him that you want a photo of him, with both of your books and a copy of today's newspaper, because at this point, I would be concerned that he may not have the books anymore. I would also let him know that if he can't or won't provide this photo within your time frame, your next call will be to the police department in his city and have him charged with theft.

Next time don't deal with a banned board member, he's banned for a reason. (tsk)

I hear you unfortunately he got banned after I had shipped the books way back in October.

Since he's had your books for 3 months, and is evidently able to ship other items with no problem, I would proceed in the following way: First, I would send him a text and tell him that you want a photo of him, with both of your books and a copy of today's newspaper, because at this point, I would be concerned that he may not have the books anymore. I would also let him know that if he can't or won't provide this photo within your time frame, your next call will be to the police department in his city and have him charged with theft.

I pray it doesn't have to come to that. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Next time don't deal with a banned board member, he's banned for a reason. (tsk)

To be fair... He was given a strike for talking politics and then given a ban because he supposedly created a shill while on strike.

Now... was he shady... I don't recall any priors but for some reason I think that there was some problem at some point with selling a book for one price when he was supposed to sell it to someone else for another price.

I think that is what led Shadroch and I to donate money to Wounded Warriors.

Maybe it was another member. I appeal to the boards for clarification.

Good seeing you on FT the other night btw.

However, to have this guy's books is pretty shady as hell without shipping them back.

You are correct. He sold books (suicide squad 1987's on ebay) and after they went below GPA he decided he wasn't going to sell the copy to the guy. After he made a big post in CG about how people need to pay FMV for books and not be cheap everyone quickly (as they should have) ripped him apart...he then tried to backpedal and donate more money to a charity.

There was also several board members which weren't being paid from deals with him. I called him out on the other boards as he wasn't replying to anyone here. He got a strike for some of those shenanigans and then created the shill to try and justify his lack of paying behaviors.

Edited by iceman399

those dam cooper kids!

I keep reading the title as "Cooper" and thinking it was someone pretending to be CopperAgeKids and not the same guy. hm