• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is up with all these new printings from Marvel?

14 posts in this topic

NOV168918 CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #8 2ND PTG SAIZ VAR $3.99

NOV168919 HULK #1 2ND PTG DEKAL NOW $3.99

NOV168920 INFAMOUS IRON MAN #3 2ND PTG MALEEV VAR $3.99

NOV168921 THANOS #2 2ND PTG DEODATO VAR $3.99

NOV168922 UNWORTHY THOR #3 2ND PTG COIPEL VAR $3.99

NOV168923 VENOM #2 2ND PTG SANDOVAL VAR $3.99

That is just one weeks worth of second printings from Marvel. Is this normal or are they re-printing more than they have in the past?

Edited by Bird

Are these 50/50 print run 'variants' or chase covers like 1:25 or 1:50? (shrug) If the latter, then Marvel just killed there own prorated variant market with 2nd printings.

Looks like most are the regular cover artists listed. For instance with Venom, Sandoval is the regular cover artist.

Marvel has generally been doing a reprint of the regular cover but with a re-colored logo (blue instead of red, etc) like they sometimes did in the 90's for their 2nd prints in the ANAD or whatever they're calling the era now.

They just seem to do it with inexplicable issue numbers. Like it's really random.

Marvel has generally been doing a reprint of the regular cover but with a re-colored logo (blue instead of red, etc) like they sometimes did in the 90's for their 2nd prints in the ANAD or whatever they're calling the era now.

They just seem to do it with inexplicable issue numbers. Like it's really random.

More variants for people to chase. (thumbs u

I'm having a hard time with alot of these 2nd prints overall. Take Venom # 1 for example....easily over 110k distributed between retailer exclusives and "regular" copies....yet it needed to go to a 2nd print? For what? The 1st print is everywhere....it's not like it was under ordered by any means. Compare that to the 2011 Venom launch- there were 5 printings total and I don't think all 5 printings totalled more than 100k in total distribution. Yet, I see the this series # 1 2nd print being touted as "low print run, rare, htf, etc." That is more than likely true because no one ordered it due to shops still having a ton of the 1st print on their shelves. As much as I love the new Captain America series is it really selling out every issue? You also mean to tell me that Champions # 1 was SOOO hot that 400k+ copies of some sort couldn't satisfy demand? All these 2nd prints are gonna end up in 5Below Comic 4packs in the next 2 years.

Yes, I do not understand either which is why I posted.

Are they still making Spiderman / Deadpool #1 prints? That issue got something like 6 prints I think. I guess their goal is to sell and if they noticed more prints sell, they'll make them.

So no one sees a reason to reprint other than print more books because later prints sell?

It ended at 7 printings I believe... I think issue # 2 went to 5. That said, I do think the 3rd print to issue # 1 would be the one to have besides actual variants. There's no new art other than color change but they did add some funny banter between Spider-Man and Deadpool. Also I'd like to know if the 2nd print and so on also contain Vision# 1

That 6th printing of Spider-Man/Deadpool is the one that I think is gonna end up being REALLY tough in-grade because of that solid black cover. I know the shop I picked mine up at had about 6-8 copies on the shelf & the one I picked was the only 9.8 candidate available.

Does it have Vision # 1 included? I don't remember where I heard this, but I was told that after the 3rd print, Marvel stopped including the Vision # 1 reprint. Yea that 6th print all black cover is going to be tough to find in 9.8. Most of the ones I've seen in the wild have some sort of scuffing on the spine or creases from packing.

Does it have Vision # 1 included? I don't remember where I heard this, but I was told that after the 3rd print, Marvel stopped including the Vision # 1 reprint. Yea that 6th print all black cover is going to be tough to find in 9.8. Most of the ones I've seen in the wild have some sort of scuffing on the spine or creases from packing.

I nailed a 9.8 on the 6th printing! :sumo: Was at the store early Wed morning and saw them on the shelf. I thought they looked perfect and bought this one. Subbed it a bit later and BAM!

C3nJfGlWAAELE3X.jpg

I really only bought it because it was a black cover later print and I thought it looked perfect. So now I have that lying around. (Tried to sell it on ebay but now keep it in a bag in a box on a shelf.)

Edited by Bird