• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #608 for over $500!
3 3

454 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

:o

Wowzers....we need to rename the thread to 'Batman 608 RRP for over $5,000!' lol

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Looks like somebody listed a different 9.8 copy a day before that other auction is set to close and they accepted a best offer for $5470.  :ohnoez:

http://item.ebay.co.uk/142310839606?item_hash4=54d2e92c&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

This book is scorching hot, and is making a strong case for being the #1 most valuable modern variant with these recent sales.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Im about to get mine SS by Lee at Fan Expo Dallas. It is a 9.6, but Im gonna press it and fingers crossed it comes back 9.8.

EDIT: Thats Jim Lee btw, not Stan HA ;)

Edited by kevhtx

8 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Looks like somebody listed a different 9.8 copy a day before that other auction is set to close and they accepted a best offer for $5470.  :ohnoez:

http://item.ebay.co.uk/142310839606?item_hash4=54d2e92c&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

This book is scorching hot, and is making a strong case for being the #1 most valuable modern variant with these recent sales.  

-J.

This truly is incredible to be fetching such high prices with 64 9.8 copies on the census. 

5 minutes ago, Lethal_Collector said:

You said it buddy, just unbelievable!

Jerome

It really is isn't it bud. 

I was surprised so many of the copies are SS because I'm not sure I've seen a 9.8 SS hit the market. Yet I haven't been paying very close attention to them. 

10 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

It really is isn't it bud. 

I was surprised so many of the copies are SS because I'm not sure I've seen a 9.8 SS hit the market. Yet I haven't been paying very close attention to them. 

I haven't seen hardly any. I was trying to find some to look for good sig placement/color. I was having to look at some of the french versions instead.

1 hour ago, IntoAnother said:

This truly is incredible to be fetching such high prices with 64 9.8 copies on the census. 

Maybe not?  It's a 15 year old book now, only a few 9.8's of them come up a year, there's one-fourth as many of them as there are of 9.8 Saga 1 RRP's for example, and those go for $2k.  And it's Batman.  :cloud9:

-J. 

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

"Only" $4,900 lol

Jerome

:applause:Not bad at all.  The average of the last 3 sales of this book in a 9.8 (the 3 sales from this year) is now over $5k.

Also, I must have missed this, but a "qualified" 9.6 (bottom detached staple) went for $800 a couple weeks ago. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-608-RRP-Cover-Detached-from-Staple-CGC-9-6-QUALIFIED-Green-Label-Jim-Lee-/142298108073?hash=item2121a0d0a9:g:iCYAAOSw4CFYt3Ai

Evidently this book is actually a 6.5, universal with that defect.  $800 for a 6.5 modern.   Damn.  :whatthe:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules