• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade Glassman10's Amazing Spider-Man #16

12 posts in this topic

Giving it a 9.4, but could see a small SA bump to a 9.6.

Upper right cover the corner has a small color breaking crease. On the back upper right there appears to be a fold or crease along the corner. Possibly a few spine ticks but hard to tell in the photo.

Edited by drotto

I'm at 8.5 / 9.0. Here's what I see:

- A light "V" shaped CBC in marvel box above spideys head

- Light wear on outer corners of FC

- Appears to be some very tiny tears along the cross section of the spine (you can see their outline against the black background)

- crease upper right of BC

- Piece missing from left side of back cover slightly above half way up

- small stain top left back cover

A very nice book! Colors really pop and by how bright the colors are I bet the pages are nice and white!

Not centered very well so lacking some eye appeal. There is a chip out on the BC and I'm not sure what is going on with the upper right BC corner. If it is stains we have a problem. Assuming it is not a stain 9.0, tops.

Not centered very well so lacking some eye appeal.] There is a chip out on the BC and I'm not sure what is going on with the upper right BC corner. If it is stains we have a problem. Assuming it is not a stain 9.0, tops.

Does this have any bearing on the technical grade?

Edited by NoMan

Not centered very well so lacking some eye appeal.] There is a chip out on the BC and I'm not sure what is going on with the upper right BC corner. If it is stains we have a problem. Assuming it is not a stain 9.0, tops.

Does this have any bearing on the technical grade?

No, but it will be a factor with valuation.

I am going to say 9.0 with a chance at 9.2 the only thing I see that really pulls it down is that chip/stain on the edge of the back cover. Maybe the top right corner on front cover may drag it down too.

Otherwise I would grade it higher. Very nice book and I think it may get a grade bump just for how it presents.