• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this All-American Comics Trimmed?

5 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I need your help to determine if a comic has been trimmed. Since I don’t buy Golden Age comics regularly, I’m not sure about my most recent purchase an All-American Comics #90.

This book was purchased raw, and only could see through online photos. When I got the book today I inspected it and found the width could be smaller than average.

Pulling out my All-American Comics #102 shows me the #90 could be trimmed. I am not certain, so I attached some photos with a measuring tape putting the All American #90 on top of the #102.

Photos below. Thank you for any help!

All%20American%2090_zps02hs1uzh.jpg

On top of each other.

All%20American%2090%20Over_zps9lbi0bw6.jpg

Look at the side of the book. If the pages are white while the top and bottom look off-white/cream/etc, and are also flat and smooth when you run your finger across, then it is probably trimmed. Only a close inspection of the side would determine though.