• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DD #7, ASM #9, 17, pre-hero, Flash, X-Men, nice books CGC and raw
1 1

76 posts in this topic

:news:New sales thread added in Copper/Modern, shipping on those purchases can be combined with buys from this thread!

Made an unexpected purchase of a nice book yesterday that I couldn't pass up. I would like to finish the time payments sooner rather than later, so I'll be selling a new nicer items from my collection in the hopes of raising the cash.

As a result of this surprise, I will be putting my thread of DC Romance & War, plus Charltons, Westerns, etc on hold for the time being. I will return to it to finish it up once I get through some books that are likely to eat away at this debt a bit faster. If you would like to buy from that thread and combine shipping with this one you are welcome to.

(Added as I forgot to earlier) A clear :takeit: in the thread takes precedence over ongoing negotiations, offers or lowballs via PM. A clear :takeit: via PM is fine, and timestamp will rule the day in that case. If you are on any naughty lists or my personal "do not deal" list your money will not work here.

Shipping on books in this thread will be included in the price for US buyers. International buyers are welcome, and will pay all the shipping after a $11 US credit towards the cost of a slab or $6 towards the cost of a raw. International shipping must be trackable, and I will not misrepresent the contents on a customs form.

Payment via Paypal, checks, or MO are fine. International buyers must pay through Paypal.

Returns on CGC books are discouraged, since they are a known quantity. Returns on raw books are accepted. If we simply disagree on something then buyer pays return shipping. If I missed something material, then shipping is on me.

If you'd like to see my CGC board kudos, here is the link. I've been on eBay for over a decade under the same user name I have here.

I'll add stuff as I can get them scanned today (I am technically working today, just from home). Offers happily accepted, especially if you want to package a few books together.

Daredevil #7 CGC 7.5 OW-W -- asking $485 shipped SOLD

Very nice copy. Name written on back cover is really the main detractor here.

DD07CGC.jpg

DD07CGCbc.jpg

Daredevil #11 CGC 8.0 CGC 8.0 OW-W -- asking $75 shipped SOLD

Taking a loss on this one after shipping.

DD11CGC.jpg

Daredevil #132 30 cent variant CGC 8.0 W -- asking $100 shipped SOLD :news:

DD132varCGC.jpg

Edited by mysterio
sale

Hulk #180 CGC 9.2 OW-W -- asking $625 shipped SOLD via PM :news:

Prices seem to be all over the map on this book, so I tried to hit a fair middle ground. It's a nice copy I've owned for 25 years. I slabbed it, and it was pressed by Joey.

Hulk180CGC.jpg

Hulk180CGCbc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #6 CGC 6.5 slight C-1 -- asking $249 shipped

Only note is: small amount of glue on spine of cover. Incredibly sharp front cover presentation, tight spine, bit of old school writing on the back cover. A blue label this sharp would be $1000. Also slabbed by me and pressed by Joey.

TTA06CGC.jpg

TTA06CGCbc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Quick question .. any Captain America's at all?

Nope, sorry. The few I've got aren't moving quite yet. lol

Tales of Suspense #36 F+/VF-- (Big Apple Pedigree) -- asking $80 shipped SOLD

Nice copy, comes with Big Apple certificate. Purchased from Worldwide Comics a few years ago. Structurally the book is really sound, with the dust shadows and a few minor Marvel chips to the front cover being the main issues.

TOS36.jpg

TOS36bc.jpg

TOS36Cert.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Quick question .. any Captain America's at all?

Nope, sorry. The few I've got aren't moving quite yet. lol

Tales of Suspense #36 F+/VF-- (Big Apple Pedigree) -- asking $80 shipped

Nice copy, comes with Big Apple certificate. Purchased from Worldwide Comics a few years ago. Structurally the book is really sound, with the dust shadows and a few minor Marvel chips to the front cover being the main issues.

TOS36.jpg

TOS36bc.jpg

TOS36Cert.jpg

No problem (and PM sent) ;)

This one is kind of a cross-list, as it was originally offered in my DC War & Romance thread as an oddball. I'll move it over here to catch some more eyeballs.

Sgt. Fury #2 -- VG, asking $110 + shipping

Very solid copy. Only noteworthy defects are the minor tape pulls in the guardhouse building above Fury's head, a 1/8" spine split at the lower spine, light staining to the back cover, and the minor creasing at the lower right corner of the front cover. Cover and centerfold are tight at the staples.

SgtFury02.jpg

SgtFury02bc.jpg

SgtFury02cf.jpg

Amazing Spider-man #5 CGC 5.0 Cr-OW -- asking $435 shipped SOLD

Very solid copy, I've owned it for over 20 years. Unpressed.

ASM05CGC.jpg

Amazing Spider-man #9 CGC 5.0 -- asking $425 shipped

Another long-time resident of my collection, also unpressed when I slabbed it.

ASM09CGC.jpg

ASM09CGCbc.jpg

Amazing Spider-man #17 CGC 9.0 OW-W -- asking $1,175 shipped SOLD :news:

Purchased from Bedrock Comics in 2015 already slabbed. Really pretty book that I don't mind keeping.

ASM17CGC.jpg

ASM17CGCbc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Avengers #25 CGC 6.5 OW-W -- asking $66 shipped SOLD

Purchased already slabbed.

Avengers25CGC.jpg

Avengers #39 about F/VF, could be VF- -- asking $30 $24 shipped

Tight, solid copy.

Avengers39.jpg

Avengers39bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Unusual Tales #9 VG-/VG -- asking $40 $36 shipped

Classic Ditko goodness. Spine wear, but everything is attached.

UnusualTales09.jpg

UnusualTales09bc.jpg

House of Secrets #1-2 Fr & VG respectively -- asking $175 $160 $150 shipped for pair

Both books are complete, with covers and centerfolds attached (the #1 has clearly had some help keeping the cover on). Both books are supple and readable. The #2 page corners may look brittle, but the missing interior corners look cut and the paper is not brittle (not sure what was up, but art is not affected). The #2 also has a clean 2" spine split at top that is not quite to upper staple.

Very affordable way to get two very cool and tough books.

HOS01.jpg

HOS01bc.jpg

HOS02.jpg

HOS02bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Some Flash action...

Flash #122 VG -- asking $40 shipped SOLD

The large crease is the main defect on an otherwise attractive mid-grade copy.

Flash122.jpg

Flash122bc.jpg

Flash #140 VG- -- asking $40 $34 shipped

Captain Cold appearance, plus first Heat Wave. Solid book with general wear, cover and centerfold attached at both staples.

Flash140.jpg

Flash140bc.jpg

Flash #151 VG+/F- -- asking $35 $29 shipped

Solid structurally, but has the dust shadow at the top covers and a 1/2" tear at the top of the back cover.

Flash151.jpg

Flash151bc.jpg

Flash Annual #1 CGC 3.0 OW-W -- asking $45 shipped

FlashAnn01CGC.jpg

:news:Take two remaining raw Flash books for $69 shipped.

:news:Take the two raw Flash books plus the Annual #1 for $107$98 shipped.

Edited by mysterio