• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Calgary Comic Expo (April 27-30)
2 2

338 posts in this topic

I liked Jim Shooter's writing on DC so will try to get greggy to line up to have some of my comics signed. :wishluck: Others hated Shooter's writing or editorial control on Marvel Secret Wars then enjoyed the 1st run Valiant Age of hype.

Will be glad to see Boardies other than greggy's smiling face <3 at regional cons. I will be set up at a corner booth. :foryou:

Id love to hear some opinions on this show. Any facilitators attend? I attend fan expo canada every year but do to work/time off I may not be able to go this year. Is this a worthy back up plan? Any exclusives? Is the VIP package worth the money?

If I can't cgc my sigs I probably will pass.

Any info would be great!

I am IN !!

Chicken wings with the vegetarian !!

I give him lots of credit. Andy is one of the most disciplined people I know. To be surrounded by so much good food and eat tofu speaks volumes about his resolve.

Id love to hear some opinions on this show. Any facilitators attend? Is this a worthy back up plan? Any exclusives? Is the VIP package worth the money?

Any info would be great!

I don't think Cgc sends any reps to Calgary expo even though the over 100k attendance would warrant it. They do have an exclusive Art Show annual book with a ltd printing that you could run around to get signed by all the artists, inkers and painters. Best thing is the line up for top media guest stage presentations is usually no more than 1 hr and there is good crowd control else Albertan's are very :cloud9: polite in queuing.

You get to see greggy nap at Tofu-Greenham's booth once he wakes up from the HumanTorch's booth. Classic greggy pose ! :angel:

Id love to hear some opinions on this show. Any facilitators attend? I attend fan expo canada every year but do to work/time off I may not be able to go this year. Is this a worthy back up plan? Any exclusives? Is the VIP package worth the money?

Any info would be great!

In the past, there have been CGC facilitators helping others with their books. You can PM me and I'll see what I can find out for you. (thumbs u

I am IN !!

I give him lots of credit. Andy is one of the most disciplined people I know. To be surrounded by so much good food and eat tofu speaks volumes about his resolve.

No doubt about it ! Andy is good people .

He even let's me watch his booth when he goes to the bathroom !

I am IN !!

hm

I am IN !!

hm

:(

Since the Calgary Expo started up, I have only missed one show. They have had their growing pains to be sure, but over all, it's been a pretty good show. 

Can't recall seeing CGC reps, though may not have looked that closely.

There are some good media guests so far, Nathan Fillion, Christopher Lambert, etc. The real good guests and artists come a bit later on.

The limited art books are always beautiful and I have been lucky to get every one of them so far, even for the show I missed.

The Saturday morning line up can be crazy long if you don't have a VIP pass. That's almost worth it right there. Also bypassing the line ups for autographs is a big bonus.

As for the food, they always have something new and delicious. Just need more space to sit and eat.

Me and my buddy "GrinMan" will be there again this year. 

5 hours ago, Itosukai said:

Since the Calgary Expo started up, I have only missed one show. They have had their growing pains to be sure, but over all, it's been a pretty good show. 

Can't recall seeing CGC reps, though may not have looked that closely.

There are some good media guests so far, Nathan Fillion, Christopher Lambert, etc. The real good guests and artists come a bit later on.

The limited art books are always beautiful and I have been lucky to get every one of them so far, even for the show I missed.

The Saturday morning line up can be crazy long if you don't have a VIP pass. That's almost worth it right there. Also bypassing the line ups for autographs is a big bonus.

As for the food, they always have something new and delicious. Just need more space to sit and eat.

Me and my buddy "GrinMan" will be there again this year. 

Come by the Citadel Comics/Clobberin Time , Forest City Coins area and say hi.