• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TERMINATOR 6 directed by Tim Miller (7/26/19)
2 2

328 posts in this topic

New ‘Terminator’ Movie Coming From James Cameron and ‘Deadpool’ Director Tim Miller

terminator-61-700x300.jpg

So yes, the news that Terminator 6 is in the works is a surprise and yes, the news that The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day director James Cameron is coming back to “godfather” the film and wants Deadpool director Tim Miller to direct is an even bigger surprise.

If you had forgotten that Terminator: Genisys even existed, no one would blame you. The film came and went back in 2015, earning scathing reviews, shrugs from audiences, and lackluster money at the box office. Despite being the first in a planned trilogy, complete with a huge cliffhanger, no one seemed to be crying for another film.

And now James Cameron has to walk into the scene and get my hopes up. Although he offered up some nice words about Genisys around its original release, he hasn’t been directly involved in these movies since part two. However, Deadline reports that he’ll be getting the rights to the Terminator series back in 2019 and intends to be personally involved in the next movie. His exact role isn’t specified, but he won’t be directing (he’s got those four Avatar sequels on his plate). Deadline breaks out the title “godfather,” which implies a producer or executive producer role. In any case, Cameron wants Tim Miller, who surprised just about everyone with Deadpool last year, to helm whatever this movie will be.

Edited by Bosco685

Why couldn't they just leave it be after #2????

I can kind of sorta agree with you,but now that James Cameron is on board I will give it one more shot.

I can see why they don`t want to give it up from a business perspective in that the Terminator franchise is a billion dollar franchise, and as someone once said billion dollar franchises do not go gentle into that good night.

Why couldn't they just leave it be after #2????

I can kind of sorta agree with you,but now that James Cameron is on board I will give it one more shot.

I can see why they don`t want to give it up from a business perspective in that the Terminator franchise is a billion dollar franchise, and as someone once said billion dollar franchises do not go gentle into that good night.

You got to give Spielberg credit for not milking E.T. for all it was worth with follow-ups after it became a phenomenon.

I didn't hate the last Terminator, but they really should have stopped at two. Everything was so nicely wrapped up with it's mythology.

I watched the last one out of boredom and it was worse than a B movie

Emilia Clarke is not good at acting, and she's already given up the goods, so just don't see a point.

Whoever was playing Reece and John Snow, I mean Connor, were so wooden they could have been trees.

And old Arnie is old.

The TV show was ok until they introduced a "love interest" for John Connor, at that point it became a snooze fest.

Only when the T-1000 angle started going did the series pick back up again.

Sadly, with so many of the movies being "reboots" of the franchise already, I'm concerned another one is going to just fall flat, unless they take a really good angle that explains the previous movies in a meaningful way.

And once again involves Sam Worthington donating his heart to save Christian Bale while ignoring all the complexities of organ transplantation. They don't even have to be in character, it could just be a side bar of those two talking it over at the local Starbucks.

The TV show was ok until they introduced a "love interest" for John Connor, at that point it became a snooze fest.

Only when the T-1000 angle started going did the series pick back up again.

I agree, the love interest hurt the show. I liked the show, but I'm not surprised there wasn't a market for it on network tv. If firefly and dark angel didn't work (which were much better and targeted largely towards the same type of audience), this show wasn't going to work. Although it is kind of interesting that Sarah Connor was CERSEI LANNISTER.

Terminator Franchise Not Dead; Big Announcement Coming Soon

terminator-will-be-back.jpg

Collider recently caught up with the CEO of Paramount's Skydance Media production company, David Ellison, who offered a big Terminator announcement will be made this year.

“I will say we have resolved the future of the franchise and believe me its an incredibly bright future. I think where it’s going will be the continuation of what the fans really wanted since T2.”

“We have something this year that we will be announcing for the franchise. It’s something we’re incredibly excited about and we think is the direction it needs to head.”

At one time a Terminator universe was said to be planned, which included a Terminator TV series and sequels to Genisys, but more than likely that may be scrapped in favor of some sort of relaunch that continues from T2. Emilia Clarke did say she isn't returning for more Terminator movies, so the notion of another reboot seems about right.

On 1/23/2017 at 7:07 PM, mattn792 said:

The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I personally thought it was terrible.

when the terminator chick started doing ballet thats when I turned it off.