• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Props to e-Bayer samco1

108 posts in this topic

My first and only purchase from samco happened early as I got back into collecting in 2011. It was a tracked shipment, but the package did not arrive – actually this is more my fault than his as he said he would have done an inquiry to the USPS if it did not arrive, but I waited a lot to tell him the first time, and then the thing slipped my mind as I had many things going on, so I suppose he did not inquire but I did not insist either because of my own bad timing.

I wouldn't touch it whether or not I was holding a ten-foot pole. What does the pole have to do with it?

I also wouldn't touch it with THE ten-foot pole.....

;)

I wouldnt touch it with lubricated medical gloves. :o

DRX

I wouldnt touch the pole.....

I've always wondered why someone would have a ten foot pole?

Dude. It drives the ladies wild. :headbang:

WHAT!!! What kinda' ladies are we talking about here?!? ... Like these?

75733.jpg

75734.jpg

Those... those ladies... Z0jKiyE.gif

-slym

usually samco throws in a freebie to try and soften the blow for the fact that the book he sent were over graded.

When I first bought ebay books I used this guy once and that was all it took.

I bought three books and most of them for heavily oversprayed where the insides of the book were water damaged.

Needless to say that was enough.

+1

Way overgraded and books with undisclosed color touch.

This is Rick from SAMCO1.

If ever, there has been a time that a buyer has a concern over any book they have bought from us, we ALWAYS are willing to accept a return for a refund.

To my knowledge, there has never been a time that a person purchased any item from us, that if they claimed they did not receive it, we would not issue a refund their money. I honestly can say that I know of No incident EVER, where a person said that they did not receive their item after they paid for it where we would or did not refund them. I can however, recall once that a person left a negative feedback because they claimed they never got an item, but I was never contacted about it...

To be sure everyone understands..

1. Any book, for any reason can be returned for a full refund, at any time, no questions asked. It doesn't matter when you bought it. The only thing is that you need to return it in the same condition you received it in.

If any book was to have any non-disclosed restoration, we are more than willing to 1. Refund your money; 2. refund your initial shipping; 3. refund your return shipping.

2. And if something was seriously overlooked, we will even give you future auction credit.

Any reasonable person that has bought from me knows that I will do anything to make a customer happy. All you have to do is read my auction page and see that I honestly will do what I can to make EVERY transaction 5 star. I try to maintain a 100% feedback rating with eBay as a Top Rated Seller, and that is something that is not easy to do.

If any of the previous posters want, if they 'really' have an item that they purchased from us and are not satisfied for any reason, and it doesn't matter how long ago it was purchased, I am happy to accept any return. I never have put a time limit on accepting a return from anyone for any reason, including 'mommy says I can't have it'.

If you see my eBay feedback you can see that I have VERY satisfied customers. Anyone that posts here that claims to have had a bad experience, can only be because we were never contacted to fix any unknown problem. My personal phone number is on all of my auction pages. We have never knowingly tried to shaft anyone. If we have ever failed to meet a buyer's expectation, we will do whatever we can to fix it.... How hard is that to understand?

I guess I am just at a loss as to why anyone would say bad things about us when we are so willing to do ANYTHING to fix ANY problem if it arises? We have had over 50,000 eBay transactions for just Silver and Golden Age comic books since 2001. And yet, a few disgruntled people, who apparently have NEVER contacted us about their 'problem'... I can say this because I cannot recall any incident whereby if there was a problem out of the 50,000+ transactions we have had, that we were contacted and we did not try to fix it to the buyers happiness.

I would also say that if you have had an experience you are not happy with, whether or not you have really actually every contacted me about it, I don't care WHEN it was, if you want to return something or think we didn't handle your situation right, email or call me. I WILL fix it to your satisfaction. Posting negative comments without allowing us the chance to fix it is really not a smart thing to do when we have always been willing to give 125% back. But I am not a mind reader; If you have a problem we need to know about it rather than find out because someone wrote a negative post. Our email and phone number is ALWAYS on our auction page. We will fix any reasonable problem you have, I GUARANTEE it, you just have to contact us and let us know about it, not by posting negative comments.

A2kiM8O.gif

I think samco1 is a great seller. Bought from him many times. Great customer service compared to most on ebay. If you think a book is over graded don't bid that high. Everyone thinks they are perfect graders. At least this guy makes right on things when necessary.

I came back to collecting last May 2016, and found this board.

From my last active ebay days, during 2007-2008, there were two personalities that stood out, one guy bought nearly every copy of IMSM1 (C.C.), and the other had the angry man listings that lasted two pages (silver age marvel comics only 1).

So of course, now I know more about who was behind the calamerica collectibles purchase of every available IMSM1. What a character, but then, that could be said about half of us in some context.

And last year I took a small gamble on a minor book from samco1, whom I already figured out for myself grossly overgraded.

Turns out I was still blocked from nearly 10 years ago. Talk about lucky ! Can't recall what kind of note I sent to him back in 2008 that led to my being blocked.

[Actually, I also remember Showcase NE for those broken-out run listings (1, 2, 3-5, 6- 10, etc.), overgraded only one or two grades mainly in terms of abuse of the meaning of "average" grades. But mostly it's the negatives I remember, and SNE was among the better ones in those days.]

I came back to collecting last May 2016, and found this board.

From my last active ebay days, during 2007-2008, there were two personalities that stood out, one guy bought nearly every copy of IMSM1 (C.C.), and the other had the angry man listings that lasted two pages (silver age marvel comics only 1).

So of course, now I know more about who was behind the calamerica collectibles purchase of every available IMSM1. What a character, but then, that could be said about half of us in some context.

And last year I took a small gamble on a minor book from samco1, whom I already figured out for myself grossly overgraded.

Turns out I was still blocked from nearly 10 years ago. Talk about lucky ! Can't recall what kind of note I sent to him back in 2008 that led to my being blocked.

[Actually, I also remember Showcase NE for those broken-out run listings (1, 2, 3-5, 6- 10, etc.), overgraded only one or two grades mainly in terms of abuse of the meaning of "average" grades. But mostly it's the negatives I remember, and SNE was among the better ones in those days.]

I am back to buying back the IMSM's again. I decided to keep 1,000 on hand at all times. If my financials allow it, I might get back to that 5,000 raw level.

Thanks for the reference!

CAL who really doesn't need too much publicity due to superior marketing skills... :insane: