• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

REALLY dig the 23 as well. I remember when Rick posted the AMF promotional with this cover my mind was so twisted around I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was then I realized it after someone else posted the Aman prolly Rick as well. Both are very cool.

Amazing man 23

Actually one of my favorite issues/cover

You should take notice of Tommy , the amazing boy , who's introduced in this issue (sidekick)

Interestingly enough this cover was used for the promotional amazing mystery funnies that I will post at the end of that run

IMG_4262_zpsogqsvmie.jpg

Nostalgia for me. The 23 was the first Centaur I ever purchased....way back in the dim mists of time....

Amazing man 23

You should take notice of Tommy , the amazing boy , who's introduced in this issue (sidekick)

Interestingly enough this cover was used for the promotional amazing mystery funnies that I will post at the end of that run

IMG_4262_zpsogqsvmie.jpg

These books look so much better sitting in mylars.

Amazing man 23

IMG_4262_zpsogqsvmie.jpg

I like the 23 a lot, as well - there are two A-Man stories, sidekick introduction, Gustavson White House cover, the promo tie-in, etc. Terrific issue!

. . . Unfortunately, the Aman22 does not have one Gorilla between its covers . . . The AMan story does deal with Nazi's and them trying to overrun England and has a neat Hitler splash with the Fuehrer about ready to take a fan propelled torpedo to the grill!!. . .

photo Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 8.21.00 AM_zpsjj3ua1od.png

The insides are sometimes crude but that is what the goldenage was about the dawn of the funny book.Thanks for posting the splash page and the cover is one of the iconic images of that period (thumbs u

The insides are sometimes crude but that is what the goldenage was about the dawn of the funny book.Thanks for posting the splash page and the cover is one of the iconic images of that period (thumbs u
I find most of the centaur interiors to be charming!

Amazing man 22.

I owned this copy back in 2008-2010. Dino talked me into selling it to him when I broke my run. A few years later he was selling his books and this was one of two books I sold him, that I wanted back. I Was fortunate enough to get a nice low grade copy from ciorac , but Having secured this copy back I was able to use that to trade for a couple of tough centaurs I needed.

Well, this is one book I might never sell again!

IMG_4341_zps4yvpupdw.jpg

Just AWESOME!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Amazing man 25

This is a notoriously difficult book to obtain. The first time I collected I was unable to obtain one. Metropolis Auctioned the mile high copy about 6 years ago, but I lost out. So i obsessed over locating

Since then I've tried to acquire every copy I've seen over the past years

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

Does anyone here own a copy, Steve?

Not anymore, moved both the A-Man 25 and A-Man 26 a long time ago (and no idea where they are now).

The 25 was a sharp copy but it had significant edge browning.

The 26 was a raw F/VF with off-white-to-white pages (I know, I know... doh! ).

Amazing man 25

This is a notoriously difficult book to obtain. The first time I collected I was unable to obtain one. Metropolis Auctioned the mile high copy about 6 years ago, but I lost out. So i obsessed over locating

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

Why is that copy only a 1.8?

Amazing man 25

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

Why is that copy only a 1.8?

I know, right? May all our 1.8's look so good.