• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Superboy, no question!
(tsk) And you call your self Batman. (tsk)

But surely, no self-respecting Batman fan would watch B&R twice!?! :o

:roflmao: It's not about self respect, it's about obligation. :insane:

I honestly don't even think I saw that movie once, so I'm in no position to judge.

Superboy, no question!

I honestly don't even think I saw that movie once, so I'm in no position to judge.

You're one of the lucky ones then!

Superboy, no question!

You're one of the lucky ones then!

Definitely falls into the category of 'Once seen, cry - and cry loud'.

:cry:

I watched the Ultimate Edition of BVS last night - I don't think it improves the movie. I sort of like BVS, it has some good bits in it, but I liked it less on a second viewing. The only way the movie could be improved is if you took all of the rubbish parts away, which would be many. Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Luthor just ruins the whole thing - it's jarring every time he's on the screen and feels like it should have appeared in the Adam WestTV show.

And Doomsday - just really, really atrocious.

So, if Suicide Squad is worse than BVS, as some have said, I can't even contemplate how bad that movie is.

From the same company that provided visual effects for quite a few big movies.

"Captain America 2 - The Winter Soldier"

"Game of Thrones"

"Iron Man 3"

"Godzilla"

"300 - Rise of an Empire"

"300"

"Immortals"

"Man of Steel"

"Looper"

"The Avengers"

"Pirates 4 - On Stranger Tides"

"Narnia 2 - Prince Caspian"

"2012"

I watched the Ultimate Edition of BVS last night - I don't think it improves the movie. I sort of like BVS, it has some good bits in it, but I liked it less on a second viewing. The only way the movie could be improved is if you took all of the rubbish parts away, which would be many. Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Luthor just ruins the whole thing - it's jarring every time he's on the screen and feels like it should have appeared in the Adam WestTV show.

So, if Suicide Squad is worse than BVS, as some have said, I can't even contemplate how bad that movie is.

Have to agree the worst part of the movie was Luthor. Don't understand the casting choice at all. Even with a bald head since all prisoners in the DCU are shaved when captured???

Have to agree the worst part of the movie was Luthor. Don't understand the casting choice at all. Even with a bald head since all prisoners in the DCU are shaved when captured???

Take solace, Suicide Squad is better than BvS, although not an especially high bar to cross.

For me,

BvS = 5.5/10

SS = 6/10

Gods of Egypt with Jamie Lannister = 2/10 (awesomely awful, you should watch it just to make fun of it)

the third

3rd Divergent movie 1/10 (pathetically awful, if you watch it you should make fun of yourself)

From the same company that provided visual effects for quite a few big movies.

"Captain America 2 - The Winter Soldier"

"Game of Thrones"

"Iron Man 3"

"Godzilla"

"300 - Rise of an Empire"

"300"

"Immortals"

"Man of Steel"

"Looper"

"The Avengers"

"Pirates 4 - On Stranger Tides"

"Narnia 2 - Prince Caspian"

"2012"

Immortals was a huge disappointment. Despite the fact that the plot and story sucked mightily, some of the action scenes were fun to watch.

Take solace, Suicide Squad is better than BvS, although not an especially high bar to cross.

For me,

BvS = 5.5/10

SS = 6/10

Gods of Egypt with Jamie Lannister = 2/10 (awesomely awful, you should watch it just to make fun of it)

the third

3rd Divergent movie 1/10 (pathetically awful, if you watch it you should make fun of yourself)

Well, since we are revisiting our ratings on movies...

(:

Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut = 9.0

Deadpool = 8.5/9.0

Civil War = 8.0/8.5

Batman v Superman Theatrical Edition = 8.0/8.5

Doctor Strange = 8.0 (3-D made this even better)

Suicide Squad = 7.5

X-Men Apocalypse = 6.0/6.5

Now which one found creative ways to plug movies in advance? Other than Deadpool, I'd have to say Doctor Strange. Disney took care of that through all venues. Including its soap opera shows.

:P

it's award season and WB is at the top of the list. amazingly, suicide squad only snagged a couple of nominations but BvS led the pack

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/razzie-awards-2017-batman-v-superman-zoolander-sequel-top-nominations-145138730.html

i think zoolander 2 led the pack.

you're right. Dirty Old Grandpa should walk away with the Razzie tho.

it's award season and WB is at the top of the list. amazingly, suicide squad only snagged a couple of nominations but BvS led the pack

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/razzie-awards-2017-batman-v-superman-zoolander-sequel-top-nominations-145138730.html

I can`t believe they nominated Jared Leto for a Razzie as he was brilliant as the Joker.

i think zoolander 2 led the pack.

you're right. Dirty Old Grandpa should walk away with the Razzie tho.

i think those may have been more disappointing because they had more advertisement and more anticipation (at least w/Zoolander 2), but I cannot stress bad Gods of Egypt is. It is worse. I promise. Though the divergent movie may have been worse than that.

i think those may have been more disappointing because they had more advertisement and more anticipation (at least w/Zoolander 2), but I cannot stress bad Gods of Egypt is. It is worse. I promise. Though the divergent movie may have been worse than that.

I can attest to Gods of Egypt. And that has some good actors in it. But also Gerard Butler, who is off from his 300 days.