• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 2-5, 2017, Seattle, Washington
2 2

171 posts in this topic

For those going for celebrities this year remember all of the celebrities and photo ops have transitioned over to the Sheraton Hotel next door. I am not sure how that will sit with fans, especially if it rains that weekend having to leave the convention center and walk outside to get to the hotel, and vice versa. Also the majority of the comic book guests are being put up in the 6th floor, again not sure how fans will like that. I personally always have enjoyed the comic guests being a mixture placed in the two main halls. This is my 13th year setting up at the show, I rarely get time to leave my booth but may try this year. It's something I look forward to setting up each year, it flows nicely and lots of great people there.

Me and the wife love this show.

I believe you stopped by my booth last year, are you going all four days this year?

Yes I did and it was nice meeting you. The shows changed with reedpop so no more 4 days for me. I may drive up for one day this year. I'll make sure I stop and say hello if I do and good luck with the show.

For those going for celebrities this year remember all of the celebrities and photo ops have transitioned over to the Sheraton Hotel next door. I am not sure how that will sit with fans, especially if it rains that weekend having to leave the convention center and walk outside to get to the hotel, and vice versa. Also the majority of the comic book guests are being put up in the 6th floor, again not sure how fans will like that. I personally always have enjoyed the comic guests being a mixture placed in the two main halls. This is my 13th year setting up at the show, I rarely get time to leave my booth but may try this year. It's something I look forward to setting up each year, it flows nicely and lots of great people there.

Do you know where the CGC booth is located? Will it be easy for witnesses to get to the comic artist floor/celebs and so on?

I saw they were on the schedule. I tried to watch that show, but after a couple episodes, gave up. Seemed to "romance novely". Does it get better and worth continuing to watch?

Regarding Outlander, yes most of the first whole season is a sort of romance triangle with Claire battling her inner turmoil in staying loyal her husband back in the 1940s vs. the blossoming romance in her current life in the 1700s. What a dilemma! Of course that is mixed in equally with all the warring and problems with living in 1700s Scotland. Season two is less "romancey" but it is still part of the show. Personally I like that kind of stuff as it is more relatable to me than action, scifi or superhero movies, so I'm all in. There is a bit of sci-fi in Outlander relating to the time travel but outside of the setup it doesn't play into the series that much.

Do you know where the CGC booth is located? Will it be easy for witnesses to get to the comic artist floor/celebs and so on?

From what I have seen, their main booth is #2310 which is in the main exhibitor hall and I believe once you cross over the sky bridge, just turn your right and it's over in that area. That could change but I believe that is where it's at. The website also shows them as being #6-200, but unsure exactly what that means, perhaps it has to do with the comic guests booths, maybe they will have a rep up there as the comic guests I heard are up on the 6th floor for this year's show. Unsure how it goes with regards to getting a witness other than head to the CGC booth, ultimately they would be the ones to help answer your questions.

Yes I did and it was nice meeting you. The shows changed with reedpop so no more 4 days for me. I may drive up for one day this year. I'll make sure I stop and say hello if I do and good luck with the show.

Sounds good I am just a few sections over to the easy by the ATM and food court. Do you just not want to do the four-day thing? With McFarlane doing his signing on Saturday that probably will be a day most people want to go, since his signing appears to be all-day long from 10am to 4:30pm according to his site but he doesn't appear to be signing on Friday, just a panel.

With it being Image Comics 25th anniversary I would not be surprised if we see Jim Lee and Marc Silvestri attend, but just me speculating. If Lee comes it may be for another retailer seminar so I would think he would also do a random lottery signing like he did last year. With Image moving to Portland last year and Image Expo taking place during ECCC the last two years, I would think it would be a great time to have another Image Expo celebrating its 25 years. So far with McFarlane, Liefeld, Portacio, Larsen, Valentino all listed as attending (as well as Kirkman). Lee and Silvestri would round out the seven founders if they were to attend. That would be cool to see....

Kevin just come see me at Scott Snyder's table. My guys will help you out with any witness stuff you need for free. Including celebs across the street in the annex.

My friend isn't going to have his books be CGC'd after have them signed. His books are just TPB volumes and he will bring the first and second volumes as enough for that. He's just a fan, not a collector or looking to sell any none.

Are you saying that Kirkman will only do signing if the books are going to CGC? If not going to CGC ... he won't do the signing?

No, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Kirkman will do public signings during ECCC - these will most certainly be wristbanded/ticketed on a first-come first-serve basis if the last years are any indication. At his public signings, you can't get items signed that are going to CGC - you can, however, get all your personal stuff signed (eg. raw books, TPBs, blu-ray covers, etc).

If you want your items CGC'ed, the items need to be submitted for his private signing, however.

So if i want his sig do I drop of my books at the cgc booth and have you guys take care of it?

Also does cgc do on site for yellow label or only blue?

My friend isn't going to have his books be CGC'd after have them signed. His books are just TPB volumes and he will bring the first and second volumes as enough for that. He's just a fan, not a collector or looking to sell any none.

Are you saying that Kirkman will only do signing if the books are going to CGC? If not going to CGC ... he won't do the signing?

Kirkman will do public signings during ECCC - these will most certainly be wristbanded/ticketed on a first-come first-serve basis if the last years are any indication. At his public signings, you can't get items signed that are going to CGC - you can, however, get all your personal stuff signed (eg. raw books, TPBs, blu-ray covers, etc).

If you want your items CGC'ed, the items need to be submitted for his private signing, however.

So if i want his sig do I drop of my books at the cgc booth and have you guys take care of it?

You will drop them off at the cgc booth and prefill out paper work with cgc.

Onsite is for any book as long as you can get them to cgc before they cut off submissions for it.

Kevin just come see me at Scott Snyder's table. My guys will help you out with any witness stuff you need for free. Including celebs across the street in the annex.

You got it. :thumbsup:

You will drop them off at the cgc booth and prefill out paper work with cgc.

Onsite is for any book as long as you can get them to cgc before they cut off submissions for it.

Awesome, thank you! This will save me hours of waiting in line. another question, no on site pressing correct?

I'm not sure on the pressing. Sorry
With onsite grading I'm surprised no one has stepped up for pressing yet.

With the exception of WWC most shows that offer on-site grading do not offer on-site pressing. After having done it for a few shows it is better to have the books pressed and prepped before the show.